[Humour] Guess The Instant Death Bug For 2.4

In celebration of 2.4 beta impending release, where I'm hoping the skimmer bug will be fixed, let's have a laugh about what it could be replaced with.

1 guess per post!

Most Hilarious wins... errr... rep!
Most Accurate wins... errr.... foresight!

Here's mine;

Incorrectly Assigned Landing Pad. MkII.
You will be assigned to a landing pad, which is actually not your landing pad at all. Landing on it is trespassing. And you get shot down for it.
Docking Computer also tries to land on incorrect landing pad.
Work Around: Test every other active landing pad to see which is really yours.
Aka, musical chairs, in spaaaaaceeeeee!

:D

Have fun!

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Free-floating asteroids and comets have been introduced with 2.4.

Much rejoicing ensues.

Until you hit the first randomly-spawned one head-on in supercruise and become your very own comet...

In celebration of 2.4 beta impending release, where I'm hoping the skimmer bug will be fixed, let's have a laugh about what it could be replaced with.

1 guess per post!

Here's mine;

You will be assigned to a landing pad, which is actually not your landing pad at all. Landing on it is trespassing. And you get shot down for it.

Have fun!

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Just like flying with Ryan Air....

The next instakill will be randomly exploding cargo cartons.

Every guy will then think its a good idea to jettison his cargo while docked.....

20K Ly Router Plotting Error
Plotting a route up to 20,000ly is now available in 2.4. However, plotting a 20,000ly route will activate and confirm the Self Destruct Sequence while you watch your map attempt to plot the route.

Last edited:
Misplaced decimal point increases gravity by a factor of 10...galaxy wide.

No one survives this blunder, the fix is worse than a gamewide reset, and Frontier abandon ED to focus on the Hollywood blockbuster game... Ewoks: Funfair.

the skimmer bug is not a bug in truth, its a pilot competency test, pilots who fail it because they are plane old incompetent or have a high reliance on docking computers and think it relieves them of responsibility are no longer eligible for being test pilots of captured Thargoid ships.

The new 'eyewear' feature accidentally affects the actual game, immediately blacking out your view, and because you can't see anything you a) can't get back into outfitting to correct it and b) immediately crash into the nearest hard object.

The new 'eyewear' feature accidentally affects the actual game, immediately blacking out your view, and because you can't see anything you a) can't get back into outfitting to correct it and b) immediately crash into the nearest hard object.

Ah, the old Joo Janta 200 Super Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses.

1 guess per post!

Here's mine;

Have fun!

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

"The instant death bug"

Could that be Thagoids by any chance?

Top Bottom