News Elite Dangerous 2.4 Closed Beta available to download now (changelog)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Beta missing from the launcher at least it's not just me then :(

Maybe the Frontier Dev's are having problem with Raptors :p

Last edited:
Couldn't this be the preparation for open beta? They have said the closed beta would run for a couple of days, then go offline to come back as open beta?

Who knows tho, I just want to get in there so I am here hoping.

Couldn't this be the preparation for open beta? They have said the closed beta would run for a couple of days, then go offline to come back as open beta?

Who knows tho, I just want to get in there so I am here hoping.

Yeah, you would think if they were expecting the servers to be down for a coupe of days they would tell someone. Oh, wait - FD ;)

No way! We're all off to the Eclipse special - don't want that ship to be called The Old Duck ;)

FDev should name a ship (or at least an NPC) after "One Old Duck" just for all the love I've shown them in this forum, LOL. I love you FDev!!! [heart] [heart] [heart]

Bonus - everyone would get a chance to shoot at "me", LOL

So this patch is the .... let me count... fourth attempt to get missions right, adds irrelevant bounties to griefers (so all the promises from Sandro in this thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/349769-Deliberate-Ramming turned out to be not happening), adds holo-me saves, does not add the Panther Clipper or any other ship, and is mostly bugfixes?
The update is mostly about the Thargoids but that content isn't in the beta. Hard to judge the worth of an update without seeing what it really is.

So this patch is the .... let me count... fourth attempt to get missions right, adds irrelevant bounties to griefers (so all the promises from Sandro in this thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/349769-Deliberate-Ramming turned out to be not happening), adds holo-me saves, does not add the Panther Clipper or any other ship, and is mostly bugfixes?

So far yes, it was 2.4: Route Plotting.

But Ed said more things were to come in the next beta releases.

And the ghoids content will be after release only.

The update is mostly about the Thargoids but that content isn't in the beta. Hard to judge the worth of an update without seeing what it really is.

Oh cool, I take that back then. Thargoid update obviously has no business in the beta.

I am still disappointed Sandro once again fails to deliver a proper law system and instead "improves" an irrelevant aspect of the one we already have.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom