ROLEPLAYING - Introduce your Commander

On the edge of Federation space he is a black rumour, a dread pirate, a bogeyman to merchants, a terror to miners. Unpredictable, inexplicable, untraceable.
In the Empire he is an enigmatic bounty hunter and privateer, ridding the void of criminal scum.
To holofax viewers throughout the sector he is simply known as Splendour.

I may be planning on seeing how high a price I can get the Federation to put on my head come release :cool:

Fair warning for you, Splendour- Commander Dogface retains a fair bit of enmity for his former Imperial masters. He may well come looking for that bounty you've got planned...

Joe is the 34th century version of such stereotypes as: Arthur Daley, Flash Harry, Del Boy and Lonely (You have to go back it bit for that one. Lonely is from the British TV series 'Callan').

He's a wide boy, a spiv, a chancer. He's a coward, a sycophant and a bit creepy. He's a copper's nark, a petty crook and a fence. He's in his fifties, he smells bad and he drinks too much.

There is another side to him though which might one day let him squeeze through the Pearly Gates... providing St Peter looks the other way for just a second.

I don't think I need an introduction. There are stories written about me, movies made.

My name is well known in a galaxy far away...

But the question remains: who are you dealing with? The son, or the father? Or just an ancestor or offspring of this great family?

"See that white haired guy over there arguing with the tech about the misaligned thrusters on the beaten up sidewinder? That kid had better listen to what the old guys saying. He's probably forgotten more about ships systems than the kid ever learned in tech school.."

"Isn't he a bit old to still be flying a junk rig like that? His flight suit looks to be pretty near top of the line so he can't be hurting for credits."

"Yeah, well.. Dunno what name he's using now, I know he's used a few different ones at different starports the last year or so. When I met him he was chief engineer and second shift pilot on the Eclipse..."

"Oh.. THAT Eclipse? The one that.. "

"Yeah, the one Commander Drummond converted from a nice shiny anaconda into a pile of cheap scrap and a dirty great hole in the side of Dahan Gateway a couple years back after sampling a little too much of the cargo. Freeport Brandy doesn't do much for your piloting skills and those dodgy stabilisers on the station decided to stutter at just the wrong time. If Drummond had been sober, he could have handled it but he wasn't. Didn't help any that half the canisters that spilled out in the wreck were illegal combat enhancers coming out of the Empire, the stuff they give their elite infantry. Carrying those into Federation space will have BOTH sides hunting you down. Drummond was hauling 'em as a side deal that none of the crew knew about in order to pay off what he owed little Mike in Freeport."

"I'm surprised any of the crew got their licenses back, all the same. You don't have to know about it, if it's on your ship you're stuck with it."

"Pilots Federation was finally satisfied that nobody but Drummond had anything to do with it and restored their licenses a few months ago. Problem was, the Eclipse's accounts had been drained dry by the skippers bad habits, with what was left going in fines and repair bills from the station, and the crew were left with only what they had saved at that point."

"What about Drummond? Will he ever be flying again - I don't want to be inside a parsec of anything he's piloting!"

"Not unless they get to issue him a new breathing license. One of the station main beams punched right through the cockpit and turned his head into paste.... Oh, hey now, here we go... Told you the kid shoulda been listening...."

Apparently tired of arguing, the old guy on the far side of the docking bay shrugged and with no warning sign at all a fist flashed out and coldcocked the younger tech. As the younger man crumpled to the floor, the older one bent down, picked up the tool kit and climbed the gantry to work on his thrusters himself....

Born onto planet Earth in the mid to late 20th century, SAB works a corporate career and does okay.

He has a family and gets a few hours at night, a couple times per week to play video games. He has been waiting over 20 years for a new Elite game.

But he is confused why other people want to stop him looking at his own ship and is baffled by the reasoning. He does not fear breaks in immersion and is among a select few who believe that mankind can survive immersion breaks safely.

He really wants an Anaconda but it seems to much effort to grind half finished mechanics in the beta to get one.

Soon ....soon SAB shall have his Anaconda and will travel the galaxy looking for giant mirrors in which to view his ship.

Nothing good ever happened to Garl Jouvari.

Most would say he was a good lad in school, pretty smart, but his head was always in space.
A dreamer and an underachiever wanting to be more than he had the means to.
A star child bound to planet side life by his own inhibitions.

Now in his early thirties, still single and still dreaming of becoming an independent space pilot.
His mind forever out in space, even while doing his daily shuttle delivery run of goods between some of the larger cities in the region.
He had learned that being a kind and helpful person never really got him anywhere, not on this world.
So when the boss called him up to the office after a particularly long shift, Garl expected the same 'ol "Sorry Garl, but we're low on work, and you don't really seem to be happy with this work anyway...".
This being his seventh job in five years, always ending with some poor excuse for being laid off, Garl had come to expect, and on some level accept, living out his days in utter mediocrity down on the planet Nobody-knows-where.

- "There's a parcel for you. Delivered by the State Post Office no less."
The boss handed him a thin red parcel. The kind that everyone knew what it meant.
- "I guess somebody bit the dust huh? Ha.. ha... uh....Someone close?"
- "No.", Garl bit off, maybe a bit too harshly. What kind of person starts joking right away like that?!
- "I mean it can't be, I don't have any close relatives, at least that I know of.. Heh.."
Garl opened the parcel and took out the small metal cube, held it up against his temple and watched as the video feed started to play before his eyes.

- "[krrzt recording started] Hello Gary, if you're seeing thi...", Gary? Clearly someone in the the State Post Office had made a mistake.
- "...means They have caught up with me and I'm dead. I've seen to it that She is delivered along with the red parcel."
She? What was this?
- "...now yours to take care of. You're the last one Gary, you must finish what we stated..."
Garl was starting to feel that this was getting way out of hand.
- "...last info I have on Them is in her white box, you know what you have to do. Good bye! [recording stopped krrzt]"

What was this about, was this She some passenger that had come with the parcel.
Garl was starting to feel angry, those incompetent fools over at the SPO would make him have to deal with some poor woman that had come to the city for nothing.
That's the SPO for you, making a mess and then getting you to clean it up.

- "Was there a passenger along with the parcel?", Garl asked the boss.
- "I don't think so, but go out to the hangar and talk to the Post guy, he's still there by his shuttle"

As Garl went over to the hangar he was working out what he would say, how he would explain that it was not his fault and that the SPO had made a mistake getting her here.
He opened the large door to the hangar and was immediately met by a wide sweaty man in an State Post Office uniform.

- "Ah, there you are, jolly good, just need to sign here, here and here.", the man said hurriedly, holding out a manifest pad.
- "What for?", Garl asked as he jotted down his signature while looking around the hangar. There was no passenger in sight.
- "That.", The man pointed towards a small ship parked on the other side of the hangar. A Sidewinder.
- "We didn't get a name for the delivery, but she's all yours Commander....?"
- "Jarl. Gouvari, I... uh.. Sorry, Garl Jouvari.", Garl could hardly believe it, his dream was somehow coming true.
- "Thank you, Commander.", The man pressed a set of keys in Garl's hand, turned around and walked quickly back towards his parked shuttle.

The broad grin that Garl was wearing as he walked towards the little Sidewinder didn't wear off until long after his jaw muscles had started aching, but by then he was already in deep space, heading for adventure.

But a red parcel for Gary Something was a start.

Last edited:
Quick rundown of my character's back story.

Momoka dreams of exploring the galaxy, discovering now worlds and going farther than anyone has gone before. She only has one small problem, her families reputation. Born to a family of 7 boys(which is totally my real life) the Azuka name is one of the most feared in and around Federation space.

Her brother, Commander Jin Azuka, is the leader of the Pirate group, The Ten Swords. Forced to work for her bothers, Momoka runs stolen weapons from the Federation to Freeport via a beat up old Cobra.

One day after a heated firefight near Azaban, she ends up stranded in the system after losing her jump drive and is forced to drift to the star-port. As luck would have it, she meets and old friend there(who's commander name i can't reveal until it's registered) who tells her of the of his plans to join the First Great Expedition. After learning of his plans, Momoka's dream is sparked back to life.

After the lengthy repairs to her Cobra, Momoka decides instead of returning to a dreadful life working for her brother, she would "disappear" into the void and follow her dreams for discovering the secrets of the universe.

Well at least that's what it will be once i actually get a cobra:D

In 1973 a crack commando unit was sent to military prison for a crime they didn't commit ...

Centuries later, a descendent of Howlin' Mad Murdock, has taken up where they left off.

So if you've got a problem, and if you can find him ...

I've requested a dedicated RP SubForum, as we are heading towards a game where we have friends lists, comms, groups etc - and can start to actually RP in Elite. If you agree, head over there and add your voice. Anyway...

--------
Commander Juniper Ecsoggy (known as "Juniper" or "Juni" only) was born to two industrialists, who prospected ore in Asphodel from 3277 until their unfortunate demise in 3298 at the hands of pirates.

Growing up in this harsh environment, Juniper learned from an early age to be self sufficient & resourceful... she was by far the best Tantalum miner in the system, and could bore her way through & collect minerals from even the smallest 'roids with her laser, some no bigger than an Earth hamster.

However, mining was just what she did. It was a job. Nothing more. Of course, it was exciting and shiny at first, as well as naturally wanting to learn what her parents did. But she was only 23 years old, and she felt like a veteran already. She'd had enough. She dabbled in trading, mostly with the minerals she mined, and naturally learned to ably defend herself when called upon, but it was to the stars that she yearned. That's where she needed to go. There just had to be something more to life than this... this constant dirt, staring at bloody roids all day and collecting ore.

For years, the Galaxy taunted her, as she sat alone in her mining ship. Dared her. But she was loyal to her parents, and God damnit she had a job to do. There would be hell to pay if she didn't. Oh sure, there was one time when she was 17 and she'd "appropriated" a Cobra MK3 from a silly old "bounty hunter" that she'd seduced in a bar on New Arbroath*, and had to finally be retrieved home by her Dad four days later, out of fuel in the middle of Ross 1051, but for the most part, she stayed put.

Now, with her parents dead, she spent the majority of the last two years dismantling the operation in Asphodel and finding jobs for the remaining workers.

Now, it was done. She was free. She had money... a ship... the stars... the Galaxy... a future...

* subject to change ;)

Last edited:
More people should be aware of your story. I wuz born out on the stars in a Python. It's easy ta forget about the folks stuck on dirtballs.
Well, I ain't never going back.

Not to that dirtball, anyroad. I hope it chokes on its smog.

Perhaps, maybe, I might consider to some day land on a planet again, but for now, nah, I'll live among the stars. Oh, and no smog on stations, whoo!

Ah, you had a slightly more confined -- and free -- neighbourhood growing up then. Fascinating.

Keep your friends close & your enemies closer...

Commander Broxton Windsor flew for many years in a planetside air force Sim, alongside Commander Feral Rabbit.
They fought in many air skirmishes together until one day, Feral Rabbit throttled back, and fired a sidewinder missile straight into Windsor's F16 Falcon. Rabbit always claimed it happened the other way round, either way, they could no longer trust each other & went their separate ways.

A few years later they met up again in Geoff Crammonds Formula 1 Racing Sim, and the rivalry took up where it left off, with Rabbit driving recklessly to try and kill his adversary on the track - to this day he claims it was Windsor who was trying to do the killing, on his way to the World Championship.

A decade on and they were both back in the military, fighting monsters in the world of Doom and Quake. This time it was alleged that Windsor, in a tense, blood covered lull in combat, walked over to Rabbit and punched him to death while he was reloading his chaingun.

Turn the clock forward three Decades and we find ourselves in the Elite:Dangerous Universe, and Commanders Broxton Windsor and Feral Rabbit are once again flying together into the unknown.

They have to fly side by side as neither trusts the other, not just to watch their six, but to refrain from opening fire on the other and making off with their dead wingman's cargo.

But they're older, wiser now, maybe, surely, this time it'll be different? ........

Commander Drexel here. Don't ignore that little black spec floating slowly towards you, it is about to power up weapons and make you wish you had better scanners.

Abandoned at birth, I had a harsh way growing up. Love, fights, hate, deceptions, ... every possible feelings around. With the time I learned not to live alone, starting to trust here and there, with great care.

Time was to become a pilot, working together with huge teams! Now after years of hard training and strange missions and losing a horde of very good friends and interesting people all over the galaxy, I became more a lonely Knight, helping out when possible others, fighting to death any others who track down weaker!

The little unknown, became the Black Scorpion, rebirth in time! Hunting, chasing, fighting the old way! Not ready to join up any team for long term career, but ready to respond on any help needed!

Lanar Drexel: you commander, you better wished you never cross my way...

Last edited:
Top Bottom