ROLEPLAYING - Introduce your Commander

Ah, ok, I was reading the T&FDL thread for some time, but i've found it way too difficult to get into the course of events and to participate somehow, cause it is too far away from the start(as i see it) to jump in. I've found it too late. Would love to see some sort of a summary of a current state of T&FDL story, characters, who is who and what's going on.

Now that guy, Elden.
He has arrived at the system of "Hope" in the age of seventeen. It was the first outdoor world he've ever seen, since his childhood passed on a mining colony of "Titican". He went here in hope of "getting ot of that rock", in hope of finding a new life as a starship mechanic or even a pilot, in some day. But his, not-so-vast technical and computer skills were a bit not relevant here, since "Hope" have long ceased making that "Saker" fighters for pilot's federation, that he've seen on old posters back at miner's camp at Titican. He was apparently doomed to work in a small hovercar shop near the port of "old curie", which he did for quite some time.(four years actually)
On another day El overheard a talk between some odd customers, that were buying some parts in their shop. It turned out, that they were making a grey deal with local military storage facility to buy out some of those old "Sakers", stored here since the pilots federation removed their order.
That was his chance.
He have traced that deal, found those hacking procedures, the odd guys were using, and tinkered with them a bit. At the evening he had his very own "Saker MkIII" sitting on the launchpad. The ship was registered to be a sidewinder, since sakers were no longer in use, but who cared. El's got only few hours before those criminals would find what he did and get him, so he got into the cockpit, which he knew well, from the old files he studied prior moving to Hope, requested launch permission and blasted off. He was, for the first time in his life, totally and ultimately free. Without knowing anything of the galaxy in its current state, without piloting actual starships before(only simulators), without any credits(but 100cr worth hovercar parts in the hold), young and naive, he headed toward the stars!

Last edited:
I'm Commander Kristiansen ( not the guy from Midwinter :) ), running on the pulse of the Imperial body, with veins of commerce spreading out to pump some life into the dead husks out there. Everything is connected my friends, so stay connected as well, and be more wealthy, I mean of course healthy, as you will never truly be alone, always a part of something greater. Without the whole, you will certainly not be a part, the sum of it all will need somewhere to start!

*Depending on the Laws of Physics, and/or the Laws of the Empire, any Local System Governmental overrides (when applicable), and/or the standing of those involved, and/or the discretion/affiliation of any of the interested parties, up to and including the above, or further external/internal factors, natural or artificial considerations still very much apply, even when not included in this note, to be declined or accepted within these parameters, also when going outside of these parameters, and further limitations will absolutely still have to be properly addressed, in the order they appear. Or in any other sequence, real or imagined. Further reservations and case-to-case evaluations will be on the table at any point in time, unless the table goes into a Black Hole. At which time any or all deals will be considered off. Still get to keep any advance payment though. In this universe, or the next one. The refund process require so much paperwork, it is cheaper to not bother. If you bother, you will die of natural causes during the process, it takes that long, just FYI. Discretion always guaranteed, unless tortured, or brain probed, or potentially bribed. Bribes not accepted by default. Just under the above table, when not in a Black Hole. Hopefully nobody reads this to the end. That would be very embarrassing.

I ummed, and indeed ahhed, about where to plonk this thread, but as I figured the Commander you are playing would effect (or possibly affect) your play style and interaction with factions and mechanics, I stuck it here. Glad to see Frank sober enough to make it to another thread though.

I'm just pleased to be getting all these stories to put to names out in the void. Ran into Cmdr SlackR a while ago while loitering near Freeport, and I'll be on the lookout for the rest of you.

[I'm intending to run several Commanders, Razorwire will probably be heading out with the First Great Expedition, backstory to be written. This one will be my Ironman Pirate :D]

So I was in the bar. Again. Landlord, Jack, knows me well now. Knows which cheap rotgut to sell me. He and me are the only two in here, 'bout normal for a weekday afternoon on this rock. Aside from the booth in the corner, coupla spacer types in there, arguing over somethin'.

Jack pours me another, one for himself, and starts on about his Dream again. Like sellin' this place'll get enough scratch together for a staship. Ha!.
I nod and smile, heard it before couple times a week for the last two years. We can both fly, but the creds you need, just to make orbit!

There's a ruckus from the booth. One of the spacers starts cussin' and the other's goin' on about a doublecross.
Then both of 'em are shootin', an' me an' Jack are hidin' behind the bar.

When the dust settles, we go looking.

Yup, both dead.

Me and Jack do the proper thing, we go through their pockets before we dump 'em in the recycler. When we look at our stash, there's a pile of junk, a couple hundred credits and two keycards.

Now, there's not another living soul for 200 clicks, not until the barges come back in. I look at Jack, an' he looks at me, and we know.
We know there's a Cobra stashed in the valley maybe ten clicks away, we saw it come over.
We know there's another in the field out the back, heard that one come down too.

Jack suggests one each, split the cash. I agree. The keycards fit, and both ships are gassed up.

And that, matey, is why my ship looks stolen; it is.
I was told that wouldn't be a problem here...

Last edited:
The bar wuz built in the wrong place. I wuz there when they gots official-looking folks ta check the place out. They said it wuz in the wrong place but that it wuz too late ta shift it.

<looking up at the sky> It ain't fer me ta say anyways.

As I remember it, it was young Ashley Barley, talked about moving the bar. I'm not sure exactly what happened, maybe someone called him a girl, again, or perhaps Garthyre persuaded him that it was in his best interests to leave it where it was.

@Elden. I'm not sure anyone really knows exactly where the story is going in the T&FDL. Though at the moment thing's are getting very dramatic with lots of people going off and being heroic. You're quite welcome to join, though it might be better in a few days when the dramatic events have been resolved. Be warned though sometimes other people will create situations for your character. For example, my main character picked up a long lost brother that I hadn't intended.

It would take an entire thread to summarise the plot lines and characters involved. There are quite a few minor characters that seem to have taken a life of their own. However the important facts are:
1. The T&FDL is on a space station in the Barnard's Star system (not sure if we ever established which station though).

2. The system is in Federation space but characters of all allegiances are welcome.

3. Garthyre is the owner so don't cross her, though most of the time she keeps out of the way and may yet go travelling.

4. Sven is the barman, he'll fix you a drink if you have the credits.

5. The white haired figure, Velcroed to a bar stool is Frank. Buy him a janx and he'll talk to you.

6. The jukebox is in the corner, feel free to play a track on it.

7. If you see a spider, it's probably Boris. Don't worry he probably won't bite you.

8. In the unlikely event that you require medical attention, you will find Minerva's clinic is conveniently situated nearby.

That is all you need to know to get started:D

... Glad to see Frank sober enough to make it to another thread though.

You mean this ain't the Thargoid & Fer-de-Lance? <sigh> Sometimes ah wake up in the darndest o' places.

What happens at the bar's like a soap opera. Lots o' folks hollerin' at each other. Lot's o' folks knockin' the stuffin' outta each other. Lot's o' folks killin' each other stone cold dead.

But nuthin' seems ta change week after week.

Ya's don't have ta join in the plot. Come in. Have a drink. Play the drumsynth...
"This beer.. it's slightly warm!" <doof... doof doof doofdoofdoof>

Gir_mk_2 is a female imperial assassin (although I'm actually male :D) belonging to the clan the black knights, who was formerly a slave to the imperial house of Eleko whom performed experiments and surgical/genetic enhancements upon her during the thargoid war before placing her in stasis for 100 years. She has been awake for about a year and a half now in which time she joined and trained with the black knights assassin clan whilst doing various other odd jobs. Currently calling the Thargoid and Fer-de-Lance bar home but is out for vengeance after the recent death of her lover/Girlfriend

After his great grandfather died due to a long range expedition into a small unknown system off south western spiral whereby he encountered what was recorded on the flight recorder as an unknown encounter with a unclassified species, Drake was saddened by his fathers death and decided to leave the space trading and exploration to a more excited crowd of young commanders.
Life in the Wolf System ended up being the best thing Drake did and was at home working for a Dremman Corp building harvest converters . It wasn't the life he started out wanting ,but ended up loving neither the less. He married Sarah and within a year had me ....Klaatu
I studied hard as a teenager and always had the urge to venture into my Grandfathers footsteps as a deep space commander . Under the wing of my father ,who was in disagreement with my choice of lifestyle taught me the ways his father taught him to gain piloting skills and weapons mastering .
after a fallout with my father I decided to go it alone and ended up on one of my first adventure so the old Sol system where I befriended a scientist in quantum Physics.
After a number of years by his side he invented the inverse wormhole engine which with a few modifications after being stolen by one of his rivals had been turned into what time portal.
After the scientist helped me engineer the engine into an old version of an obtained thargoid ship made a robot which would protect me in my ventures which I called "Gort".
My first time tunnel trip was back to Sol system in the 1951 where I tried to assist the earth dwellers into a better lifestyle but got into a spot of bother.

Thanks

Klaatu

They call me Kilvenny. I am the Space Cowboy. I am a travelling man, I like new places, new people. Sometimes I hire out, sometimes I put on a badge on; at other times I carry wanted posters in my saddle bag and collect on them dead or alive. I pick my fights but I am always willing to help give a sucker an even break.

Loving all the back stories! I am a woeful at RP but am a fair author (having one book out and working on a second).

When The Secret World came out I did a "fan script" set in the world that ran for a bit. I have not done so here because of the rewards for backers.

But I am loving the characters developed here!

@insanephoton. Thanks for the clarification. As for other character's influence on mine - well, thats what RP is about.))
El's, probably going to end up arriving to Barnard's Star looking for someone to install an FSD to his 'sidewinder'. Yep, that's why there are no sakers in the sky - no factory adaptation to supercruise drives have been made yet. So, that would take some time, enough for dramatic events to cease.

On the edge of Federation space he is a black rumour, a dread pirate, a bogeyman to merchants, a terror to miners. Unpredictable, inexplicable, untraceable.
In the Empire he is an enigmatic bounty hunter and privateer, ridding the void of criminal scum.
To holofax viewers throughout the sector he is simply known as Splendour.

I may be planning on seeing how high a price I can get the Federation to put on my head come release :cool:

Sorry... but I don't believe in Role Playing... if that's what you want to do then fine, knock yourselves out...

Have fun in the big universe

Sorry... but I don't believe in Role Playing... if that's what you want to do then fine, knock yourselves out...

Have fun in the big universe

Ah'm a big shot ace pilot what's can kill an Anaconda with a single shot while racin' through an asteroid field at superluminal speed. Ah just erm... play the part of a doddery old codger whats smashes inta things an' flies outta the station before he remembers ta buy stuff an' all.

Ah'm a big shot ace pilot what's can kill an Anaconda with a single shot while racin' through an asteroid field at superluminal speed. Ah just erm... play the part of a doddery old codger whats smashes inta things an' flies outta the station before he remembers ta buy stuff an' all.

What?

Top Bottom