We blaze our own trail

It was very much implied in the earlier draft.
They still say anything that is in the game so it hasn't changed...just hidden a bit better.
I don't believe it was implied, I think people just leaped to assumptions based on their own individual interpretations. There is nothing hidden going on. I am a member of one of those groups and we do not accept the use of combat logging, or broken weapons or any kind of abuse of loopholes within the game's code such as the now patched G1 Engineers exploit or similiar.

If TAOL encouraged the use of these things we would not be a member. Like Ozram said, we get to put in our vote over what is OK and what isn't within TAOL.

I blaze my own trail.

If I want to blow you up outside of a station.
If I want to gank your ship with my friends.
If I want to play as an evil pirate stealing your loot.
If I want to destroy your ship for no particular reason.
If I want to call system authority on you for no reason.

then I will do all of these actions and I don't need your approval.

at the end of the day I just want to fly a spaceship and do what ever I want.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, in Mobius...

...I'm chasing rainbows without all this. Do I need to declare that to anyone?

It just sounds like all of these player groups got incredibly salty and fed up with the current unbalanced game mechanics and decided to use exploits to justify it.

Pathetic.

Fdev confirmed heat canons were bugged and that is why they are fixed in 2.4

It is a glitch in the game, its not a matter of opinion.

I'm not saying heat canons are okay but we all agree that combat logging via menus is not okay in pvp yet, it's approved by frontier so sometimes it is a matter of opinion. Does that mean abusing heat is okay if it's considered an exploit, definitely not.

Last edited:
but we all agree that combat logging via menus is not okay in pvp yet

It'll be nice if you could avoid that we word. You speak for yourself, and probably a dozen or maybe a hundred other people. But not everyone.

If I'd be in a PvP match that I'd agreed to previously with another person, then I say yes, chickening out with pulling the plug or hitting ESC and waiting 15 secs are both uncalled for.

If I'd be trucking along in Open and someone feels to have fun with me but I don't feel like it whilst trading or running missions, then I will decide that hitting ESC and waiting 15 seconds is fine and I'll go back to the menu, switch to another mode and thats it.

And please don't give me all that It's Open so you better come prepared crap. Open, like Solo or PG are instances of the game one plays in, nothing more.

Just for the record, I do have plenty of rebuy banked, so that's not a problem. It's just that I will decide how I play this game since I paid for it. And if that means that some basement brat doesn't get an easy kill and goes Git gud: perfect.

Last edited:
I don't believe it was implied, I think people just leaped to assumptions based on their own individual interpretations. There is nothing hidden going on. I am a member of one of those groups and we do not accept the use of combat logging, or broken weapons or any kind of abuse of loopholes within the game's code such as the now patched G1 Engineers exploit or similiar.

If TAOL encouraged the use of these things we would not be a member. Like Ozram said, we get to put in our vote over what is OK and what isn't within TAOL.

This was a quote from when it was originally posted:

"We will define broken mechanics or the so-called meta, and how to handle it, on our own. Bugs are inevitable in evolving software, if something is exploited then grow up and stop crying."

That reads to me "we are gonna exploit and don't cry about if we do".

This was a quote from when it was originally posted:

"We will define broken mechanics or the so-called meta, and how to handle it, on our own. Bugs are inevitable in evolving software, if something is exploited then grow up and stop crying."

That reads to me "we are gonna exploit and don't cry about if we do".

Well, that might be why the text was up-dated. To clear that up. What was intended as a defiant statement didn't completely convey the meaning they were looking for.

It'll be nice if you could avoid that we word. You speak for yourself, and probably a dozen or maybe a hundred other people. But not everyone.

If I'd be in a PvP match that I'd agreed to previously with another person, then I say yes, chickening out with pulling the plug or hitting ESC and waiting 15 secs are both uncalled for.

If I'd be trucking along in Open and someone feels to have fun with me but I don't feel like it whilst trading or running missions, then I will decide that hitting ESC and waiting 15 seconds is fine and I'll go back to the menu, switch to another mode and thats it.

And please don't give me all that It's Open so you better come prepared crap. Open, like Solo or PG are instances of the game one plays in, nothing more.

Just for the record, I do have plenty of rebuy banked, so that's not a problem. It's just that I will decide how I play this game since I paid for it. And if that means that some basement brat doesn't get an easy kill and goes Git gud: perfect.

I'll use the word we if I want. We as in those who do PVP and do not endorse combat logging in any shape of form and whether or not it's endorsed and approved by frontier. I'll report anyone who combat log on me, done via menus or not I don't care. Combat logging is cheating, period.

Last edited:
I'll use the word we if I want. We as in those who do PVP and do not endorse combat logging in any shape of form and whether or not it's endorsed and approved by frontier. I'll report anyone who combat log on me, done via menus or not I don't care. Combat logging is cheating, period.

"We don't need no stinkin' rules" - Treasure of the Sierra Madre, 1949

When it comes to logging (menu or taskill) he speaks for the great majority of the pvp community. We is appropriate there. If you disagree then you're the outlier.

Well, that might be why the text was up-dated. To clear that up. What was intended as a defiant statement didn't completely convey the meaning they were looking for.

I agree. But I was responding to someone talking about the original text.

Hell, I should go read it again to see if it has changed since the last time I saw it.

That "we" includes me and the group I am a part of as well (CobraKai) where it comes to logging out in combat. In fact, so much so that we have removed ourselves from TAOL for the time being.

Last edited:
If would be really nice if you have the same consistent approach to cheating in general like was the engineer 1 lvl mats cheat usage. (I'm not supporting CL, don't agree with menu log either.)

Last edited:
If would be really nice if you have the same consistent approach to that cheating like was the engineer 1lvl mats cheat usage. (I'm not supporting CL, don't agree with menu log either.)

Never supported engineer exploits either not sure when or where I ever said I was endorsing such behaviors.

I support usage of clever game mechanics to gain a superior advantage over other players but I don't support any sort of cheating which include abusing bugs, glitches, exploits or combat logging in any shape or form.

Last edited:
Oh I bet Fdev just loves you.
I can see them now "He's at it again LOL"

Top Bottom