Forum Upgrade

With the 500000 topics that show up in GD all the time and bury each other in a flood of consecutive posts, some restructuring was in order regardless of future forum plans, methinks.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
So, with a PvP sub forum Dangerous Discussion becomes an official extension of Mobius PG?

There is a new 'modes' sub-forum in which to have disucssions and debate about the game modes. There is the groups forum for group recruitment. There is the PvP forum for PvP. And a bunch of others for various topics as well.

There is a new 'modes' sub-forum in which to have disucssions and debate about the game modes. There is the groups forum for group recruitment. There is the PvP forum for PvP. And a bunch of others for various topics as well.

My question works on multiple levels, only the most literal of which you answered;)

Okay, so my initial reaction to the changes: It's too divisive. In a weird kind of way, it follows Fdev's design philosophy of the game itself with multiple modes and instances and the ability to further segregate the population with the ability to block players willy nilly. It's almost like Fdev does not want us to be able to play together, and now they don't particularly want us to talk to each other, either. On the surface having all of these sub forums seems like it will give us choice, but the end result is that our conversations are going to be hopelessly splintered, segregated and watered down.

How does the BGS discussion thread belong in the Modes section?

That section is just a larger Hotel California. Fine, there's obviously plenty of interest in that subject. But the BGS discussion has nothing at all to do with game modes. Quite the opposite in fact. Burying it in the Hotel California will be the death of the BFS thread, as there is zero chance of keeping it on topic.

edit - thread moved to guides and tutorials, much better thanks.

Last edited:
I see you are slowly coming to the realization that Elite is really a single player game and all the MMO add-ons are just to bump sales... Solo mode is how the game is played and the forums will evolve to reflect that fact.

Hmmm is there a change log for the forum update? .... Im just failing to find a way to get back to the night mode.... All this white is jarring.

Gradually warming up to the changes. I especially like how suggestions and groups have been moved to be subforums of DD. Hopefully it will get more people commenting on suggestions (I know I never remembered to check it as often as I meant to) and help Frontier know what changes would be popular.

Hmmm is there a change log for the forum update? .... Im just failing to find a way to get back to the night mode.... All this white is jarring.

Does selecting a different theme from the drop down on the bottom left of the page work? The three 'Elite [Something]' themes and 'Blackout' should all be dark.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to include Exploration in "Features of Elite?" The new arrangement is an improvement on the original but it still seems misplaced where it is at present.

My eyes, as I look at my phone, thank you. Trying to deal with a forum that doesn’t have a dedicated mobile layout was actually painful...this is so much better.

Moving 20 page active topics to obscure new sections of the forum is beyond rude. Who came up with these sections anyway? There is nowhere near enough discussion on most of those specific topics to warrant sub forums. This is a huge mistake, compartmentalising so many inter related discussion areas.

Hate to be a naysayer but I agree with this.

Seems like it's just attempting to segregate different topics for the sake of it, and the main effect is likely to be that threads which might, otherwise, be popular will wither and die in obscure places - depending on how dogmatically the mod's insist on moving things.

Seems like it's just attempting to segregate different topics for the sake of it, and the main effect is likely to be that threads which might, otherwise, be popular will wither and die in obscure places - depending on how dogmatically the mod's insist on moving things.
That was always the exclusive feature of the suggestions forum. Now there's going to be lots of other places threads are sent to die.

Hate to be a naysayer but I agree with this.

Dunno, seems a bit dramatic to me.

I agree that some of the sub forums have always seemed a bit overly subdivided with differences between some being less than clear (i.e. the two subforums for "Engineers" and "Retrofitting."), but I'm not seeing that things are really any more divided, outside of suggestions. Looks like someay have consolidated, but mostly just reorganized.

For me, the changes have resulted in a definate improvement in how the forums are presented to mobile, which pretty much the only interface that I use.

There are fewer clicks to move between the four or five sections that I frequent, and it seems easier to see those that I don't frequent (I didn't know the engineering and exploration groups existed until I logged in from my laptop!)

Top Bottom