Patch Notes Update 2.4 The Return - Update 2.4.01

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Frontier must stop over hyping things that are comming in to the game . mysteries are no mysterie if you anounce them.
As before they will be interesting for a day maybe a week and then ignored. canon will find the stuff and solve the mysteries in a few days to a week and interest will be lost.
Most updates where and are combat related now they suffer the bugs and lack of features and core content we have been pointing out since the 1.2 update.
2.4 the return should have been adressed after the the overhaul of the core game features and mechanics.

A game that promotes a living universe and exploration is severly lacking those even the basic core features.

Corvette

Can the Dev's, for the love of all that is holy and pure, please buff the Corvette's FSD to a 7? People have been asking for this for 2 years. A 17-20ly capability (off the shelf with a 7E FSD) is not too much to ask for. Have a certified bad ship but such a tiny jump range is like being the size of The Mountain (from Game of Thrones) but with a 2 inch pecker...I know that it will more than likely not happen but you never know.

Borderless mode is still unusable. There is a frame cap at 60FPS and a frame drop every few seconds that cause a stuttering and lag. No matter what settings I set, it's the same. Fullscreen and windowed mode working fine. I'm stuck on windowed mode for now since i'm using a third party tools for the game on another 2 monitors.

Edit: I find the problem. Apparently if i using option to duplicate desktop to another monitor (TV in my case) borderless mode does not working properly. Fullscreen and windowed mode working fine. It's weird because it was working before.

Last edited:
Oculus Servers

Agreed, this is taking ages to reach Oculus app.

I like the little message we get -

'There may be a slight delay between the update being released on our servers and oculus' servers. Thank you for your patience.'

Sorry I don't have any patience. It ran out on the way back from the core!

I like the little message we get -

'There may be a slight delay between the update being released on our servers and oculus' servers. Thank you for your patience.'

Sorry I don't have any patience. It ran out on the way back from the core!

A slight delay? we are over an hour now and still nothing! I think Oculus are to blame for this not FD, I've tweeted them (Oculus) venting my frustration with an animated .gif that really captures the frustrations of being stuck outside of the game because of their sucky app that's been in "beta" since day one [big grin] .

Borderless mode is still unusable. There is a frame cap at 60FPS and a frame drop every few seconds that cause a stuttering and lag. No matter what settings I set, it's the same. Fullscreen and windowed mode working fine. I'm stuck on windowed mode for now since i'm using a third party tools for the game on another 2 monitors. FD pls fix this ASAP.

My game is running 100% fine on borderless windowed mode, something is wrong on your end. Try putting in a support ticket to have them help you figure out what's wrong, and that's assuming you've already updated your graphics drivers and checked your graphics card software settings.

A slight delay? we are over an hour now and still nothing! I think Oculus are to blame for this not FD, I've tweeted them (Oculus) venting my frustration with an animated .gif that really captures the frustrations of being stuck outside of the game because of their sucky app that's been in "beta" since day one [big grin] .

Truly Frustrating

Agree. I've just posted a moan as well.

My hull reinforcement packages may have been giving caustic resistance? Well that's cool, going to annoy them for a second time will be as nerve wracking as the first.

Borderless mode is still unusable. There is a frame cap at 60FPS and a frame drop every few seconds that cause a stuttering and lag. No matter what settings I set, it's the same. Fullscreen and windowed mode working fine. I'm stuck on windowed mode for now since i'm using a third party tools for the game on another 2 monitors. FD pls fix this ASAP.

Hmm, I'm using borderless and getting a steady 120fps (admittedly with a GTX 1080ti).

Still no reply to my ticket from OCULUS last night regarding the new update. Thank you to the team at ED for explaing an option that got me back on line for the update!! Enjoyed it very much[up]
Now once again its sit and spin while waiting for the OCULUS team to initiate today's update. Wonder if the uninstall and reinstall trick would keep me running? Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock[big grin]

I've been running borderless since release, I've never experienced what you describe.

Everything works well here. Smooth upgrade yesterday and 20 min downtime today for the small patch and no problems.
Yesterday was pretty laggy, particularly in open. (had a crash to desktop with maybe 20 other CMDRs open in Maia, the list was LONG). System jumps are now back to normal, no delays.
I guess everybody was checking out 2.4!
Ive seen worse rollouts.

Also, borderless on a 750ti here, works well.
Ive just upgraded from a 6 core to an 8 core so ive been keeping an eye on multicore usage lately as well.
Nice to see Elite is using at least 6 cores most of the time :)

Last edited:
an hour n half now and still no oculus update... FDev pls sort em out :(

Yeah the delay for the patch for the Oculus is getting out of hand shouldn't have to take this long for 15 min update on a game. Oculus needs to up their game and really need to establish a more responsive update sysem.

Er, the Beluga paint job thingy... not confiled to the Beluga, I saw the same thing with the Clipper!
I recently (2.4) jumped into a system and the nearest star (main of 3) was half a dozen LS away... that had me all of a quiver I can tell you!

Changes I suppose to the stats are a little disconcerting though... I'm getting a 'Critical Heat' message at 80% when skimming, it used to be 100% but I be all done by 90% so I rarely heard it... now it's all the time!

And My Boost cooldown is not (or doesn't seem) as quick as it was... YUP I've still got 4 pips

Anyway I'm use to Bethesda games so I ride most bug without even noticing most of the time.

Pity I missed out on the Trillionaire bug mentioned... that's me though, a day late and a trillion short!

:)

Edit... the Colour thing could be my fault as I have a Blue coloured HUD, I know that it sometimes effects other areas.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom