Patch Notes Update 2.4 The Return - Update 2.4.01

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Please fixe the visible walkways in a Anaconda, when you have a normal (undamaged) Anaconda you could see a walkway with doors.
When you were damaged you could see interior walkways due to the damage. But since the update it's a mess, I mean look at the pics, this is just something ugly.
What happened???

https://inara.cz/data/gallery/35/35718x1537.jpg

https://inara.cz/data/gallery/35/35772x1031.jpg

Found one of my older pics, this is what it looked like PLZ Fdev fix this
35807x2437.jpg

Oculus Updates do not work, I have tried in vain for the last 3 hours to get it to UPDATE, it failed the first 3 times say Sorry it looks like your anti-virus has blocked the installation of Elite Dangerous, so I disabled the anti-virus software rebooted pc, checked it was still off and tried again, this time it says Sorry it looks like there was a problem with the installation of Elite Dangerous, tried again and again and again, still no joy, I have tried a manual install but I cant as it wont let me log onto the ED launcher or in fact log out of the Launcher, so I'm screwed, Uninstalling it does nor work either and it will download the latest version, but still requires a further update that then fails and then back to square one again where the Launcher says it requires an update that continuously fails. This is the first time I have come across this problem since using the Oculus software, anyone any ideas ??

same problem here...
this is a nightmare,
I'm considering switching to Eve Valkyrie until this mess is sorted.

They are still there and paying pretty well if you are cordial or, even better, friendly. ;)

I'm friendly/allied with most factions in Maia region now.

The payout's seem to be about right now, 1.5m to the 100kls research facility and 600-800k 1 jump hops. Filling those cabins up and doing the rounds :)

For the love of all sanity, please put the Thargoid smuggling missions back in with these fixes.

This mission provided some sorely-missing variety into hauling missions by providing a challenging mission that required forward planning and an adequate reward for the risk involved.

After failing to completely commit to a CG dedicated to hauling these goods, it's no wonder people have no idea how to handle them or a real handle on the risks, even when the hard yards get done by others.

These missions were a good addition. Please bring them back.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Borderless mode is still unusable. There is a frame cap at 60FPS and a frame drop every few seconds that cause a stuttering and lag. No matter what settings I set, it's the same. Fullscreen and windowed mode working fine. I'm stuck on windowed mode for now since i'm using a third party tools for the game on another 2 monitors.

Edit: I find the problem. Apparently if i using option to duplicate desktop to another monitor (TV in my case) borderless mode does not working properly. Fullscreen and windowed mode working fine. It's weird because it was working before.

This is Windows 10 / Nvidia drivers fault unfortunately. I'm having the same issue. Search goggle for that very problem, you'll find it's not only Elite that suffers from it.

I'm gutted, but all we can do is wait.

Try using Borderless Gaming app, if windowed mode runs fine for you. It'll remove the window borders.

No, I've just been doing them for the past couple of hours. I think they've changed the logic though, as there seemed to be less of them, and there were mostly smaller payouts.
i've managed to find quite a few of the decent-paying ones (e.g. 1.5 - 2.5 mil) for systems with a bit of a long crawl to the station, e.g. Arro Naga with a 38,000Ls leg.

taking 3 or 4 parties on that trip is certainly profitable, and they come up reasonably regularly at Shinrarta and LFT 926. i've also managed to score some excellent return trip fares too (last night i got 4.5 mil just for going 20Ly back home again and taking a rich straggler with me)

absolutely *love* seeing 20+ missions per faction instead of just 3 or 4. heavenly.

---> i never dreamed 2 years ago that the Orca would become one of my most important ships. how things change.

Last edited:
Greetings commanders,

Hopefully your recent endeavors in Elite have been.....eventful and mysterious! We are taking the Elite servers down at 8PM UK / 3PM East US time for a quick update.

The downtime should last no more than 15 minutes - if not, i will be back here updating this thread with a status update.

Below are the patch notes...

Outfitting
Fix for a hull reinforcement package incorrectly providing caustic resistance

Ships
Beluga Liner
Fixed some incorrect preview thumbnails and names for the Beluga Expedition Paint Jobs

Stability Fixes
Fixed an issue that was causing players to disconnect when attempting to load into game near a station

Are mission payouts fixed too?

So, Wings still doesn't work properly. I had to vpn it to connect up with a mate in the US. Pathetic. We get to Maia and no narrative. Where does one find this so called narrative? [???] We did find Thargoids, the most exciting thing was watching my mate get destroyed in about 5 seconds by the aliens. The rest seems to be the normal grind. Come on!

Last edited:
So, Wings still doesn't work properly. I had to vpn it to connect up with a mate in the US. Pathetic. We get to Maia and no narrative. Where does one find this so called narrative? [???] We did find Thargoids, the most exciting thing was watching my mate get destroyed in about 5 seconds by the aliens. The rest seems to be the normal grind. Come on!

Yeah it looks like we're going to be drip fed the content, not a bid deal for me but I was expecting a bit more from launch day given all the hype.

I had my first encounter yesterday and can confirm secretive passengers don't mind being scanned by goids lol.

Can the Dev's, for the love of all that is holy and pure, please buff the Corvette's FSD to a 7? People have been asking for this for 2 years. A 17-20ly capability (off the shelf with a 7E FSD) is not too much to ask for. Have a certified bad ship but such a tiny jump range is like being the size of The Mountain (from Game of Thrones) but with a 2 inch pecker...I know that it will more than likely not happen but you never know.
+1 from me, and while you are considering it FDev, could we perhaps run a change request for those puny Class 1s on the front :)

No comment other than I can't get past the Launcher! bloody useless game! And yes I am very salty because I cannot get a working solution!

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom