Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

Is anyone compiling data about where Thargoids are being encountered? I've been pokily making my way in from Colonia, think I last logged out at Sacagawea Port. I'm assuming the vast majority of TG activity has been in the vicinity of the Merope shell, but whether or not they are, shouldn't we really be mapping out activity? If someone is already, I hope someone can point me to it!

Hooray! I was getting sparky trying to follow 19 different threads. HOME.

Oh, and FD, nice paint job on the Gnosis!

and also - I haven't noticed anyone say anything about this (might have missed it in the schitzothreadia...)

in the Barnacle Forest in Hyades Sector AQ-Y D81, in certain places the sound is a grinding, cracking sound; somethings is at work below the ground...

- and for anyone who wants to keep their combat stat low (like a trader, explorer, etc), shooting the Scavengers counts as combat and towards your rating -_-

Last edited:
"That's no moon. It's a Thargoid!"

There used to be some lore quote that Thargoids were rumoured to be able to build planet-sized ships. With the UA/UP (Thargoid sensor/probe) fixations on Merope/Merope 5C I did speculate in a previous subthreadnought that body might be one. I'm still waiting to find out the reason for that fixation! I live in hope of some elucidation, but at least we now have our discussion area back, whoo hoo!

Is anyone compiling data about where Thargoids are being encountered? I've been pokily making my way in from Colonia, think I last logged out at Sacagawea Port. I'm assuming the vast majority of TG activity has been in the vicinity of the Merope shell, but whether or not they are, shouldn't we really be mapping out activity? If someone is already, I hope someone can point me to it!
I had the same thought; I'm on the edge of the bubble but heading out to California (which is like 600ly from the Plieades (I was the first to find barnacles there) so I'm curious if there's anything going on.

Some breaking news for Canonn heads and Gnosis fans!

Despite all the science going on, the crew of the Gnosis have some how found time to give the Gnosis a new got a paint job this afternoon!!!!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0755/Hyades_Sector_AQ-Y_d81_Sep_29_2017-1.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...98/Starbeaver_Gnosis_Decal_Zoomed_Cropped.jpg

Thanks FD!!!!!

Stunning, just stunning. Wtg FD.

And new thread makes me happy, will make work pass much quicker now.

Has anyone pointed out that Pailin Thargoid technology missions out of Obsidian Orbital have received a big payout buff? I just obtained 4 Thargoid Resins for 17 million credits. One of my wingmates got the same mission for 23 million yesterday.

Someone should at least let Jmanis know.

Question: How do you get these missions? I just docked at Obsidian Orbital, and got no mission (like the usual message-based ones)... also checked the mission board (as Palin is listed there now) and nothing.

There used to be some lore quote that Thargoids were rumoured to be able to build planet-sized ships. With the UA/UP (Thargoid sensor/probe) fixations on Merope/Merope 5C I did speculate in a previous subthreadnought that body might be one. I'm still waiting to find out the reason for that fixation! I live in hope of some elucidation, but at least we now have our discussion area back, whoo hoo!

I'm sure the Probe pointing at 5C is no fluke. Whether it's actually a massive ship-like thing (in which case, why have Barnacles on it) or if it *harbours* something big; or something else entirely, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough...

Question: How do you get these missions? I just docked at Obsidian Orbital, and got no mission (like the usual message-based ones)... also checked the mission board (as Palin is listed there now) and nothing.

I got mine in the usual fashion, by docking at the station and getting a message in my inbox.

Have failed to get one on my return trip though. I read somewhere leaving the system and coming back if you don't get one works.

Ozric, would this thread be the best place to direct people to as a starting point via the "Science and Mystery" section of my "Best of forum" thread? Feels about right since the OP can then send people off elsewhere.
I honestly wouldn't bother mate. For reasons best known to themselves, Frontier have effectively neutered the 'Threadnaught', and whilst it was indeed a bit of a monster for a newcomer at least the front page contained everything you could possibly want to know. Me, I'd point them to https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...0-The-Canonn?p=5575815&viewfull=1#post5575815, Rizal's sterling effort to keep everything accessible. Instead of the mess we have now. Are you reading this Frontier?

I honestly wouldn't bother mate. For reasons best known to themselves, Frontier have effectively neutered the 'Threadnaught', and whilst it was indeed a bit of a monster for a newcomer at least the front page contained everything you could possibly want to know.
For what it's worth it's not Frontiers doing as far as I know but the forum moderators who have made the decision to re-organise the Canonn discussion into lots of separate threads.

Me, I'd point them to https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...0-The-Canonn?p=5575815&viewfull=1#post5575815, Rizal's sterling effort to keep everything accessible. Instead of the mess we have now. Are you reading this Frontier?
I am still pointing to that (and to the first 5 posts) for now but, since that discussion thread is now locked, Rizal will no longer be able to update it's OP.

I understand SP's despondency regarding the forum reorganization; but we've got to make this work, and I think this thread will indeed be the best place to start people off as an intro to this forum.

I'm sure Oz will update the FP from time to time with sub-links off to other 'choice' threads in this forum.

I understand SP's despondency regarding the forum reorganization; but we've got to make this work, and I think this thread will indeed be the best place to start people off as an intro to this forum.

I'm sure Oz will update the FP from time to time with sub-links off to other 'choice' threads in this forum.

the trouble of the Cartesian approach comes when the interconnectivity of the mysteries becomes overwhelming. You really need a murder board approach, and forum threads aren't well suited to that. We shall see! :)

the trouble of the Cartesian approach comes when the interconnectivity of the mysteries becomes overwhelming. You really need a murder board approach, and forum threads aren't well suited to that. We shall see! :)

One thing I like about the new forum is that people can ask questions whuch perhaps have already been asked, or report things which have already been reported, as new threads whuch can die and not pollute a wider discussion thread.

Perhaps.

Can somebody crack the Victoria's Song for me? Why in the heavens would she state they're in orbit above planet A 7 A, when the Scout Crashsite is clearly on A 3 A. A bungle that big? I just can't see it. Maybe if it was text only, but voiceover?

Also, Aries Dark Region DB-X d1-63? Might have to make it my next destination after I comb A 7

Can somebody crack the Victoria's Song for me? Why in the heavens would she state they're in orbit above planet A 7 A, when the Scout Crashsite is clearly on A 3 A. A bungle that big? I just can't see it. Maybe if it was text only, but voiceover?

Also, Aries Dark Region DB-X d1-63? Might have to make it my next destination after I comb A 7

Victoria's Song has been there since 2.3.10, when the alien ground strctures were discovered. The system mentioned in it's logs has one. Not sure if anything was found on a 7 though.

The link to the new crash site is possibly due to a bug, where scanning one poi in a system can sometimes reveal them all. That bug is also how the new giant barnacle was discovered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom