Star Citizen Thread v6

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
That's not how asteroids work. That's not how anything works. "space sim"?

Dont be silly. Its clearly that the asteroids are orbiting a quasar there ask CR he knows about those things pretty well. They come out of nowhere without warning those sneaky funballs.

Last edited:
I think this is more case of hiding the truth in plain sight - the avo's will be needing positive feedback

"Yes sir that's GOOD you see. The more bugs and crashes you have now the better the game will be - and thank you sir, thank you for your unfailing willingness to put up with a game in the most awful of conditions and still carry on so that we can assess when it's just bearable enough to release to the public so we can limp out something analogous to the I Told You So dance in T-posed underpants"

/emote eyetwitch

Don't make me bring out the copypasta.

PSSSHTT not so loud! Dont you forget that the Star Kitten can hear you in space and you have really be silent and whispery when trying to hide in that asteroid orbiting a quasar that came ouf of nowhere, dont tell me you..you forgot the Star Kitten?
star-kitten.png

Last edited:
No matter if the end of refunds or a delay in them at least for me. I got mine 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I hope others get there's as well. It did take a 4th email. On the reply to generate the 3rd they ask if I was sure and I said yes very sure, please refund me as soon as possible. A week passed, I forwarded that same reply to them with a new note. I haven't heard back on my refund please process it as quickly as possible. I got a replay a day later. Refund being processed and sure enough a couple days or so later my money was back. Just hang in there and hope you get your refund as I did.
Calebe

Last edited:
I haven't been keeping up with this thread or with SC development. However, I watched the recent "10 for the Chairman". It was allegedly about professions in Alpha 3.0. Alpha 3.0 is allegedly coming out soon (ish). But listening to Mr Roberts's answers, he appears to be uncertain about what features and functionality will be in Alpha 3.0. Phrases like "we'd like to" and "I would say we'll" don't sound like a developer with a pinned down feature list. I'm pleased however to hear that "changing a fuse" still counts as compelling gameplay in some future version of Star Citizen.

I think that to some degree the presenters drifted off-topics to discuss future builds, but the general impression I got was that Alpha 3.0 is still being designed, let alone developed or tested. So the called-out ( e vocati) troupe of unpaid testers may be testing a pre-Alpha build of Alpha 3.0. What I take away from this is that I shouldn't expect Alpha 3.0 anytime soon, or at best it will be a minimal shell to be built on by future releases.

On a different topic, I was pleased to hear Ed Lewis refusing to say anything negative about Star Citizen on last night's FD stream. There's no need for tribalism amongst gamers, and there's plenty of room for more space games. Seems to me there's nothing FD would like more than a flourishing ecosystem of space games.

On a different topic, I was pleased to hear Ed Lewis refusing to say anything negative about Star Citizen on last night's FD stream. There's no need for tribalism amongst gamers, and there's plenty of room for more space games. Seems to me there's nothing FD would like more than a flourishing ecosystem of space games.

I would even say that i am sad about the horrific state of SC because if becomes less a competition for ED with every year.

I think FD just operates with different logic than online gaming community, which can be very tribal. FD sees it as friendly competition - even if Chris sometimes gets irked about comparitions - and they know that do ED succeed or not it's in their own hands. People have been always saying 'ED will die when SC arrive' and I have always wonder why do you even want that to happen?

It is just very different in real life.

I would even say that i am sad about the horrific state of SC because if becomes less a competition for ED with every year.

I don't think competition works in that level as many people assume. SC didn't force FD to say anything about space legs coming soon two years ago and haven't forced to do them now. FD has it's own plan to follow and they know that. Also let's be honest - as niche games, all space games compete with other ways to waste time - movies, traveling, etc. So devs know they have to make that time into game worthwhile.

Last edited:
I don't think competition works in that level as many people assume. SC didn't force FD to say anything about space legs coming soon two years ago and haven't forced to do them now. FD has it's own plan to follow and they know that. Also let's be honest - as niche games, all space games compete with other ways to waste time - movies, traveling, etc. So devs know they have to make that time into game worthwhile.

No, but if one game tries out some mechanic and it works well, it will likely be adapted to other similar games. The success of X-Com reboot showed that turn based combat can be fun, and now we have much more games with turn based combat.

No, but if one game tries out some mechanic and it works well, it will likely be adapted to other similar games. The success of X-Com reboot showed that turn based combat can be fun, and now we have much more games with turn based combat.

True, but that's 'too late' for ED. FD has locked down on concept, and some people like it, some not, some see bigger picture...it really does not matter.

For smaller games, yes, they mix and match concepts to see what's working and what's not. For big games like ED you really have to lock down design philosophy early, because it is very costly and almost impossible to change course later on. That's mistake Chris made, and it seems that his unwillingness to understand that cost him SC.

True, but that's 'too late' for ED. FD has locked down on concept, and some people like it, some not, some see bigger picture...it really does not matter.

For smaller games, yes, they mix and match concepts to see what's working and what's not. For big games like ED you really have to lock down design philosophy early, because it is very costly and almost impossible to change course later on. That's mistake Chris made, and it seems that his unwillingness to understand that cost him SC.

Well i was hoping that SC may influence FD to present things in a less spreadsheet way, mainly the trading part. Or focus on missions with more action/drama - i am mainly speaking about the presentation (e.g. audio alerts when pirates pop up).

Well i was hoping that SC may influence FD to present things in a less spreadsheet way, mainly the trading part. Or focus on missions with more action/drama - i am mainly speaking about the presentation (e.g. audio alerts when pirates pop up).

None of those things SC is even doing and there are zero evidence they would do better.

Just provide feedback to FD and they will see what they can improve - incrementally.

I don't use spreadsheets for ED btw.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom