You should ask, how much players care about new Thargoid CG?

Goose4291

Banned
No, it wasn't their first.

There was a rescue CG in Fedmich a few months ago.

I think there was a collect escape pods CG that resulted in Haleys rescue, but that CG might have been a collect wreckage - not sure about.

There was also another one prior to that which lead to the return of Halsey.

That said, I did "rescue" eighty odd occupied pods in the recent CG due to the inflated return, although I did wonder why damaged pods were worth twice occupied ones. People obviously lower their value, possibly because the bodies have to be disposed off as they possibly know too much about what's really going on.

I wondered this myself. Perhaps "damaged" escape pods still have survivors in them, but their life support is damaged so they only have minutes of air / warmth remaining, thus rescuing them is more akin to rescuing someone from a burning building, whereas someone in a functional pod could survive for days and thus are of a lower priority for rescuing ASAP.

Of course my logic is thrown out the window when rescuing pods from Thargoid bodysnatchers :p

As for payout for S&R items I think for game logic it is tied to spawn rates. But yeah, damaged pods paying more feels strange.

Also pod spawning passenger/stowaway mission is possible with current ED tech.

Just a general thought:

Perhaps you shouldn't ask what the game can do for you, but you should ask what you can do for the game...

That makes me think of people who say "give back to your college". There was no giving. It was a business deal. I paid money, they issued an education.
Same with this game. They produced a product, I paid them money.

CGs are a disappointing a boring way to handle the new Thargoid stuff. I saw it coming and was not at all surprised at this fact. 2.4 is a boring disappointment like the last updates in this season.

Anyone that's put any decent amount of time into the game saw it coming.

It's a well known fact that CGs are currently the ONLY way to drive any sort of story or player "interactive" game changes in ED.

So yeah, pretty much everyone should have seen this coming to be honest.....

It's always a joy when you pop by and give us your opinion, which as far as I can tell has remained the same for years now... Maybe it's time to move on to another game and accept that this one simply isn't for you? But if not, I'm sure we all look forward to your next visit. :)

While unconstructive comments don't really get us anywhere, I can see Sole Hunters point of view.
If he is anything like me (and many others) he's a veteran Elite lover from the 80's and has played Elite, FEII and First encounters before this game.

Thus bringing out his frustration, how come those games (FEII, First Encounters) have more content than ED, and they were released 20 years ago?

Those games show what ED Could be, but for some reason it's not.

People shouldn't have a pop at posts from users that no longer play the game but still use the forums.

Ultimately, these are the people that want the game to be better, and still make the time to stick around, hoping something on the forums is announced that makes them return to the game.

If I'm honest, if FD or someone did a graphics update on FEII, you wouldn't see me for dust.

Much rage in this penguin there is... Lead to the dark side it does. ;)

No fun in what way? Did it take too long to get it done? I've only been in three T kills and I loved them all. I hope I was't in your wing, spoiling the fun for you, as I definitely am no expert. I did my best though.

Over an hour. Three station trips. One Conda rebuy

Much rage in this penguin there is... Lead to the dark side it does. ;)

No fun in what way? Did it take too long to get it done? I've only been in three T kills and I loved them all. I hope I was't in your wing, spoiling the fun for you, as I definitely am no expert. I did my best though.

I've been in wings with people with competent combat rank, who hadn't been to the pleiades before or ever used fixed weapons. Personally I dont think its really cool to be publicly moaning about 'the inexperienced wing', espescially if he 'cannot decide what it was'. Frowny face for the penguin...

Coming late to this, so apologies if I rehash what's gone before.
Sad I missed the rescue pods cg as I've been doing that from day 1 - could do with being a tad more proftable, but doesn't need to be a cg.
Killing Thargoids ? - did that solo early on, might have another go soon, but I won't be doing it in a wing or multi-crew - that's all this cg is - FDev really trying hard to force group play onto us.
I see this in every MMO and most recently in Destiny2 - the days of grouped multiplayer are probably over - stuff that used to be raids have become "world events" that anyone can pile in on - allow folk to co-exist and interact ? - sure makes the world more alive - but, please don't make me have to group with someone else if I don't want to.
I didn't like it back in 1999 and I don't much like it now, I see it more as a challenge - group only content ? ... hmm lets see how to do it solo.
Used to be I was in the minority, but these days ironically I think It's caught on - note I don't ever want solo play - just let me choose how much I do or do not want to interact with everyone else thanks.

Hello ?!
Everyone who plays it already did something for the game, they bought it.
What they then want the game to do for them is providing interesting content.
Sounds like a pretty fair deal to me.

Exactly, exactly. And how much did you pay? Was that really that much money that you can expect to be entertained non stop by ever new stuff for 2 or three years?
Actually, when I look at what Elite plus Horizons costs, once, not monthly or per feature, I can't help myself thinking how cheap we all got away here with a game which still gets more updates and stuff.

The entertainment you bought with your money is long since used up, and still you get some more new stuff. Plus many updates next year. You don't even have to be a "fanboy" or whatever to understand that Elite is really cheap for what it offers.

Exactly, exactly. And how much did you pay? Was that really that much money that you can expect to be entertained non stop by ever new stuff for 2 or three years?
Actually, when I look at what Elite plus Horizons costs, once, not monthly or per feature, I can't help myself thinking how cheap we all got away here with a game which still gets more updates and stuff.

The entertainment you bought with your money is long since used up, and still you get some more new stuff. Plus many updates next year. You don't even have to be a "fanboy" or whatever to understand that Elite is really cheap for what it offers.

This is due of games being subject of highly subjective criticism. If you find game to giving you good time despite its flaws, you will be happy even paying 60 USD. If you struggle with game, can't connect with it, feeling indifferent about it, you will see is as waste of money.

I will speculate if you find around 40% of ED enjoyable it will be worth your money.

Coming late to this, so apologies if I rehash what's gone before.
Sad I missed the rescue pods cg as I've been doing that from day 1 - could do with being a tad more proftable, but doesn't need to be a cg.
Killing Thargoids ? - did that solo early on, might have another go soon, but I won't be doing it in a wing or multi-crew - that's all this cg is - FDev really trying hard to force group play onto us.
I see this in every MMO and most recently in Destiny2 - the days of grouped multiplayer are probably over - stuff that used to be raids have become "world events" that anyone can pile in on - allow folk to co-exist and interact ? - sure makes the world more alive - but, please don't make me have to group with someone else if I don't want to.
I didn't like it back in 1999 and I don't much like it now, I see it more as a challenge - group only content ? ... hmm lets see how to do it solo.
Used to be I was in the minority, but these days ironically I think It's caught on - note I don't ever want solo play - just let me choose how much I do or do not want to interact with everyone else thanks.

It's not like this. The problem was - in most MMO's the only real good end-game content was strictly multiplayer, preferably in an organized experienced group. But the demographics of players changed with the years. Right now, most prefer doing solo content most of the time, while having the option for some quality group content (without joining any organized group, just by signing up for some fun with strangers) from time to time. There is still dedicated skill-intensive group-oriented content out there, but it's just one of the options, without balancing most of the game design around it.

I think this is currently the right approach to online game design. Frontier will show us in the coming months (Wing missions, Squadrons) what their approach will be.

Last edited:
I've been in wings with people with competent combat rank, who hadn't been to the pleiades before or ever used fixed weapons. Personally I dont think its really cool to be publicly moaning about 'the inexperienced wing', espescially if he 'cannot decide what it was'. Frowny face for the penguin...

Hence why I never attached any names. The first wing I randomly joined had a CMDR log so.

There was multiple times where I was Solo in instance while people ran and got ammo.

I'm trying again with more experienced players to see if it goes any better.

Top Bottom