Obsidian Orbital in Maia has been attacked by the thargoids

Title says it all.

L51AYya.jpg

The most important question: is the station announcer a *panicking* Obsidian Ant? It'd be worth a visit just to hear that....

Personally, I blame Professor Ishmael Palin. He's been stockpiling Thargoid materials at Obsidian Orbital. What did he expect would happen?

verminstar

Banned
I guess that answers another super important question...thargoids only ever attack on thursdays while waiting fer postman Pat to deliver the giro...must be frustration at being skint, poor souls ^

This means (trade) war! Or perhaps not?

That's it, Thargoids have gone too far this time! I don't care, if they destroy AEGIS or kill/abduct innocent people, but this time they attacked MY method of making CREDITS!

We need to organize to bring this starport online as fast as possible in order to receive missions from Palin again! But wait a second... Mission boards on stations under repair are available, aren't they? So we will be able to receive (and complete) missions from Palin again as soon as the starport is under repair. As rescuing people from these stations has no effect when starports will switch state (next thursday) and missions should be available again at that time. So...

Good news everyone: We don't have to do anything, just wait a week!

Let's try out some passenger missions until than. No, not the ones where you rescue people, the ones that actually pay something worth your time.

Last edited:

...and no one noticed? Surely CMDRs are flying there all the time, and no one noticed/saw Thargoids blowing the poop out of it? Hmmm...

Question: If everyone rallies to help, or if no one lifts a finger, will the outcome differ?

Suggestion: Early every Thursday morning CMDRs fly to stations seemingly at risk ready to defend them from the Thursday morning Thargoid attack?

Last edited:
.thargoids only ever attack on thursdays while waiting fer postman Pat to deliver the giro..

...and no one noticed? Surely CMDRs are flying there all the time, and no one noticed/saw Thargoids blowing the poop out of it? Hmmm...

I guess this just happened after the server tick, even Thargoids have to wait for that!

Question: If everyone rallies to help, or if no one lifts a finger, will the outcome differ?

Interesting question.

verminstar

Banned
I guess this just happened after the server tick, even Thargoids have to wait for that!

Interesting question.

Ye nothing beats immersion like a fleet of cmdrs waiting in ambush on wednesday night only to find the station in flames the next morning with everyone wondering how in hell nobody saw anything. Itd be cool as cucumber actually seeing the deed as opposed to mopping up the mess afterwards which is about as much fun as watching paint dry...and pays a whole lot less ^

I hope Obsidian Orbital does get a panicked ObsidianAnt voiceover. OA and others went in to Frontier to do voiceover work for 2.4 a few months ago and I've been patiently waiting to hear it ever since - could this be it? Find out next week, on the next episode of 3304!

Ye nothing beats immersion like a fleet of cmdrs waiting in ambush on wednesday night only to find the station in flames the next morning with everyone wondering how in hell nobody saw anything. Itd be cool as cucumber actually seeing the deed as opposed to mopping up the mess afterwards which is about as much fun as watching paint dry...and pays a whole lot less ^

That would be indeed cool.

Everybody waits, Thargoids drop in and Xs later everybody sees the rebuy screen. Everybody cheers and throws confetti around.

Top Bottom