News Content Recap - Beyond Chapter One Livestream (16.01.2018) - Part 1 Recap

[re-posting for the other thread]

Finally caught up on the first livestream - thanks guys, terrific stuff as ever. As Ed said on the Pixel Bandits interview, I'm excited to see what the more considered reactions to the C&P changes will be once people have had a proper chance to try it for themselves but on the face of it, it looks like a good solid set of improvements. And the new Wing mission stuff looks excellent. I really liked all the shared progress bar stuff, mission reward options are a terrific addition and a good call on the idea of fines for undelivered cargo for a partially completed mission ... nice catch on not being able to use missions to gain surplus commodities. As was said I dare say all sorts of other edge cases will come out of the woodwork in beta testing so I approve on limiting the range of mission types initially available. Get the basic mechanics solid first and then add more types later.

So far so good. Must admit that tonight's livestream will be the big one for me. The Chieftan (Beeftan - LOL) is going to be very exciting (any chance that Ed could land it on a planet somewhere and drive around it in the SRV? always a good way to see a ship and get a sense of its scale). And as for the planetary improvement ... can't wait to see that! Am I right im thinking this will also include the lighting improvements (multiple light sources?) or is that coming later?

So far so good. Must admit that tonight's livestream will be the big one for me. The Chieftan (Beeftan - LOL) is going to be very exciting (any chance that Ed could land it on a planet somewhere and drive around it in the SRV? always a good way to see a ship and get a sense of its scale). And as for the planetary improvement ... can't wait to see that! Am I right im thinking this will also include the lighting improvements (multiple light sources?) or is that coming later?

A landed Chieftain would be a great way to demo the new ship and the new planetary surfaces, wouldn't it?

Imagine a cold open to black. The camera pans around to show an SRV sitting in the darkness. The camera pulls out, showing the SRV is sitting in the shadow of a crater rimwall. A magnificently textured, non-beige landscape is revealed. Then the camera returns to the SRV cockpit. The SRV drives out of the shadow and turns 180 degrees, revealing a hulking Chieftain, landed in the crater, its landing lights dazzling the SRV. The SRV boards, and the Chieftain takes off, going to external camera, orbiting the ship and showing off the jagged landscape below...

Have to ask with the new wing missions, is there any plans to extend this or make it work with npc's?

Im a solo/from time to time mobius player, but i dont really go in for the whole lets be friends in a computer game unless its family, thus my wing is limeted to me myself and I, but I did read a post near the start of this thread where it seems solo players can take a wing mission and well just do it solo and reap the wing reward, (all be it just the one).

I like the idiea of doing big jobs for large amounts of rewards rather than trying to fill the cargo hold with multiable jobs from multible places.

A landed Chieftain would be a great way to demo the new ship and the new planetary surfaces, wouldn't it?

Imagine a cold open to black. The camera pans around to show an SRV sitting in the darkness. The camera pulls out, showing the SRV is sitting in the shadow of a crater rimwall. A magnificently textured, non-beige landscape is revealed. Then the camera returns to the SRV cockpit. The SRV drives out of the shadow and turns 180 degrees, revealing a hulking Chieftain, landed in the crater, its landing lights dazzling the SRV. The SRV boards, and the Chieftain takes off, going to external camera, orbiting the ship and showing off the jagged landscape below...

Nice! Ed ... make it so!

P.S. don't expect jagged landscapes tho' - that stuff isn't coming until Q4, what we're seeing tonight are improvements to surface coloration.

Well, for starters, they were flying sidewinders then magically were flying corvettes.

The rebuy reduction is applied when they are killed. Therefore, being killed by someone with no notoriety or crashing into the station while trying to dock a corvette thinking it was a sidewinder won't yield any discount.

This. +1 rep

Javert

Volunteer Moderator
I have 2 questions (apologies if these were already answered in prior posts):

1) If fines no longer mature into bounties, what is my motivation to ever pay them off other than cleaning up my transaction tab?

2) Notoriety - is this stat something that is system specific only (I'm guessing yes but I didn't see this covered in the OP)?

1) If fines no longer mature into bounties, what is my motivation to ever pay them off other than cleaning up my transaction tab?

2) Notoriety - is this stat something that is system specific only (I'm guessing yes but I didn't see this covered in the OP)?

1. Yes, I want to see fines either mature into bounties still, or else you gain a Bounty for "Delinquency" if you fail to pay in a certain time frame.....or some-such. Fines payment needs to be incentivised.

2. Notoriety is galaxy wide I believe.

Because if you don't pay them, then you can only access the station via anonymous protocals which severly limits what is available to you.

I don't think this is system specific. It is attached to the commander and I believe follows you around no matter where you are.

From the OP: Commanders will have a 'Notoriety' level

My understanding is that's commander specific and has nothing to do with systems.

Because if you don't pay them, then you can only access the station via anonymous protocals which severly limits what is available to you.
It's actually a nice little mechanic TBH! ie: It's a nice way to make people pay up in a sensible fashion!

It's actually a nice little mechanic TBH! ie: It's a nice way to make people pay up in a sensible fashion!

Agreed. Much better then having them turn in to bounties which to me just didn't make any sense. From what I have seen so far (and we have only seen a little of the Q1 update) I think FDev are very much heading in the right direction. My waning hope is slowly being restored.

Last edited:
i wonder if notoriety will be somehow also increased in anarchy.
after all, your action are still tracked by the pilot federation there.

ofc this would greatly affect those killing countless T9's in anarchy for certain materials.

ofc this would greatly affect those killing countless T9's in anarchy for certain materials.

I doubt it. As crimes are not recorded in anarchy systems I see no reason why notoriety would be.

Notoriety grows only if your amount of bounty grows. So no.

As concept itself is open to additions but I doubt you would see anything in anarchy besides some reactions of NPCs for examples.

Last edited:
As a Bounty Hunter by trade I would like to see this expanded. We need a way to track high value targets over multiple systems. I don't want it to be some kind of hunt the ganker thing but just a way to tag a certain Cmdr and get info on them from other systems to eventually find them. (Both Player and non-player Cmdrs)

We should see who been docking at stations, so we can find patterns of where people hang out.

The beacon in each system should also be able tell us what ships are in the system and have been coming an going from the system for the last week. With ability to select target to help the back end instance system, so can guarantee that cndr or NPC will spawn in our instance at least once or twice.

We should see who been docking at stations, so we can find patterns of where people hang out.

The beacon in each system should also be able tell us what ships are in the system and have been coming an going from the system for the last week. With ability to select target to help the back end instance system, so can guarantee that cndr or NPC will spawn in our instance at least once or twice.

As regards going after CMDRs with a bounty... Consider the suggestion, once your notoriety reaches a certain level, you are locked into OPEN...

Discuss :)

As regards going after CMDRs with a bounty... Consider the suggestion, once your notoriety reaches a certain level, you are locked into OPEN...

Discuss :)

Not too sure about that. I am sure there are plenty of people that want to play the dread pirate lord without a load of player bounty hunters on his kneck, and just wants a PvE experience.

Top Bottom