News Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Beta Announcement

Hmm.. Engineers are in planetary bases.. no? So, there's an small possibility to watch the new planetary surfaces..

It'll be interesting if they do - I wonder how different the planetary surfaces will be at a few kms distance. Obviously the difference is huge when a few Ls away, but up much closer will it just be a slightly browner shade of non-beige?

apologies for the possibly stupid question, but: what is the ship cockpit they keep going back to in an asteroid field during the inbetween sections? it has some square windows, if that helps.

apologies for the possibly stupid question, but: what is the ship cockpit they keep going back to in an asteroid field during the inbetween sections? it has some square windows, if that helps.

Fer de Lance, it's from far back in the cockpit.

2nd Keely seat. Ignore list for materials. Remote workshop for Engineering.

Not sure if there was anything else we hadn't previously heard.

2nd Keely seat. Ignore list for materials. Remote workshop for Engineering.

Not sure if there was anything else we hadn't previously heard.

There's a new ship voice (the one that says "engaging frameshift drive", "4-3-2-1", etc). A male voice as an alternative to Verity that sounded terrific. Also - you can specify use of different voices for different ships and/or the SRV, plus there was a suggestion that there might be more to come. I'm not 100% sure but I think the new one may have been synthesised using the same text-to-speach stuff as Galnet Audio. It's testament to how good that is that I'm not sure whether Victor is voice acted or not.

Looking really down the line I have a minor question about the period AFTER the Beta closes: Will Beyond be a free expansion to the base game and horizons for /all/ players when the beta ends - or will it be like horizons all over again? (Just curious because I've heard tale to both accounts - but I would like to get the matter sorted on the proper authority)

Looking really down the line I have a minor question about the period AFTER the Beta closes: Will Beyond be a free expansion to the base game and horizons for /all/ players when the beta ends - or will it be like horizons all over again? (Just curious because I've heard tale to both accounts - but I would like to get the matter sorted on the proper authority)

It's free for both scenarios.

Some content is being Horizons-gated - e.g. the Chieftan, and the Engineers (obviously), but both versions of the game will see a big (free) patch.

On Tuesday Sandy said this wasn't a very big update when compared to others, I'm assuming he was talking about the size of the patch.

He said it was the smaller of the two big releases this year. Q1 and Q4.
Q2 and Q3 will be smaller releases according to the information FD have released so far.

Can't you just wait and see? It's a Beta so will probably be available all over the place as they need it testing.
Sheesh you have 2-4 weeks at least of Beta to find one.

Hey Frodohobbits,

Me to show a little impatience asking a genuine question and you're sheessh-ing, right, have a nice day :)

Top Bottom