News Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Beta Announcement

It didn´t come with being a founder. I paid 120 € on top of the 60 € for beta-access. Yes, I got the black paint jobs, but I would have also gotten them from just preordering the horizons-dlc the day I bought the LFP instead.

And yes, they said they would release paid content covered by the ltp, but on the other hand, it comes from the people that said they were doing something against combat logging, which they obviously don´t.

At the moment it is just the paint jobs and the Cobra IV access (plus the early Beta access) as far as I can tell, but I doubt very much it will stay as only that. There is still a lot to come from ED so I'm not concerned about either of my LTPs not producing too much automatic access over paid content at this stage of proceedings. I'm sure there will be lots of future content that will ordinarily have to be paid for as an add-on, which we will have free access to.

An please frontier make sure the trade data is out dated to simulate that you can't just beam vast amount of data across the galaxy in real time in the elite universe.

Actually by 3304 all communications will take place using quantum entanglement instead of the RF signals used today. Quantum entanglement works instantaneously
over an infinite distance where today's technology is limited by the speed of light. This is also how tele-presence works in multi-crew over large distances.

I still have the "PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64" folder in my game directory from the last beta. Should I get rid of it and free some space or will I save some time by probably having less to download? (I know that usually it is also best to have a clean state)

I am really looking forward to this :) . It’s years ago since last time I was so exited for a live stream (if ever) - and I am 41. I am glad a game can still exite me like this.

Last edited:
I still have the "PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64" folder in my game directory from the last beta. Should I get rid of it and free some space or will I save some time by probably having less to download? (I know that usually it is also best to have a clean state)

You save a bit of time if you keep it. Not much because the game will make a new "PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64" folder and copy your files from the "elite-dangerous-64" folder, if you delete it.

Actually by 3304 all communications will take place using quantum entanglement instead of the RF signals used today. Quantum entanglement works instantaneously
over an infinite distance where today's technology is limited by the speed of light. This is also how tele-presence works in multi-crew over large distances.

I thought that after my last post :), but it slipped my memory :eek: repped

Just watched the stream, gotta admit it, I was hyped for the Chieftain before I knew anything about it (just for the looks), but now....the Devs have Really done that ship proud. It's a "Must have" as far as I can see, the skies will be swarming with them.

Just watched the stream, gotta admit it, I was hyped for the Chieftain before I knew anything about it (just for the looks), but now....the Devs have Really done that ship proud. It's a "Must have" as far as I can see, the skies will be swarming with them.

Yes it seems very agile and redoubtable

IIRC, FDev has previously confirmed that secondary effects are gone from the new Engineering system. Instead, you get gradually better results from re-applying the same blueprint multiple times. Something like that.

Experimental Effects are also no longer a random roll but instead something that you pay a fixed cost to have applied.

Top Bottom