News Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Beta Announcement

Much earlier than I thought.

An I didn't think Galnet Audio was coming out in chapter one either.

An that Thargoid base looks awesome. I guess someone already identify the system and planet from the stars and nebula?

An please frontier make sure the trade data is out dated to simulate that you can't just beam vast amount of data across the galaxy in real time in the elite universe.

Last edited:
And please frontier make sure the trade data is out dated to simulate that you can't just beam vast amount of data across the galaxy in real time in the elite universe.

I'm sure it will be, but it isn't like the data changes that fast, even if you are at the station when it changes. What is available now via galaxy map trade routes is always outdated. It'll likely be useful for browsing systems to find new trade routes for immediate use, but not to keep permanent tabs on changes, it'll be up to us to keep that data fresh. I could of course be wrong, not that I'd be averse to what you are worried about, but I doubt the community would stand for it. One thing that is consistently complained about is when things are 'too easy' and become 'exploits'.

Last edited:
13/01/2018, 8:09 PM
Ziljan

Elite
Very cool news. Seems every time I head off towards the center of the Galaxy, Frontier announces a big update that requires me to make a hasty return to the bubble... Coincidence?​

Well then...

Everytime you head off out, let us know on the forums... and we shall keep an eye on the announcements :p

Fly safe, fly far

Last edited:
I still can´t help but wonder when/if life-time-pass owners will ever receive something that they wouldn´t have gotten with the "standard" Horizons DLC. I send a ticket on the topic once, but all I got was a polite way of saying nothing.

I still can´t help but wonder when/if life-time-pass owners will ever receive something that they wouldn´t have gotten with the "standard" Horizons DLC. I send a ticket on the topic once, but all I got was a polite way of saying nothing.

If they had something to announce they would announce it, don't you think? They also already said there will be paid content. Also, lifetime pass owners kinda bought that thing without knowing how much content can, and will be released, so I think complaining isn't really appropriate, though I am pretty sure it will pay off in due time.

If your lifetime pass came from being a Founder then we got a Founders pack of goodies (T-shirt map etc.), in game a nice badge (eventually) for the ship plus I started at Jameson Memorial, with some starting ship choices.
We also got a free eagle fighter and complimentary Imperial eagle too when it came out.
I was given a free chrome paint job as a thank you at some point also.

My second account (non-kickstarter) I also bought the lifetime pass for. No Founder's badges etc. this time but both accounts did get the midnight black paint job for all ships and exclusive access to..............
........the Lanner 2 (sorry Cobra Mk IV).

It is a lifetime pass though and (one hopes) this implies there will be quite a lot of time for new areas to be developed, some of which may be available only if bought separately. Access to some of the closed regions of space? Your own planetary base? Who knows, there are lots of possibilities for things that could be introduced but also lived without in the game.

If your lifetime pass came from being a Founder then we got a Founders pack of goodies (T-shirt map etc.), in game a nice badge (eventually) for the ship plus I started at Jameson Memorial, with some starting ship choices.
We also got a free eagle fighter and complimentary Imperial eagle too when it came out.
I was given a free chrome paint job as a thank you at some point also.

My second account (non-kickstarter) I also bought the lifetime pass for. No Founder's badges etc. this time but both accounts did get the midnight black paint job for all ships and exclusive access to..............
........the Lanner 2 (sorry Cobra Mk IV).

It is a lifetime pass though and (one hopes) this implies there will be quite a lot of time for new areas to be developed, some of which may be available only if bought separately. Access to some of the closed regions of space? Your own planetary base? Who knows, there are lots of possibilities for things that could be introduced but also lived without in the game.

It didn´t come with being a founder. I paid 120 € on top of the 60 € for beta-access. Yes, I got the black paint jobs, but I would have also gotten them from just preordering the horizons-dlc the day I bought the LFP instead.

And yes, they said they would release paid content covered by the ltp, but on the other hand, it comes from the people that said they were doing something against combat logging, which they obviously don´t.

And yes, they said they would release paid content covered by the ltp, but on the other hand, it comes from the people that said they were doing something against combat logging, which they obviously don´t.

"plausible deniability". they have said they are deeply troubled and very worried about combat logging, and it is practically impossible to prove otherwise. they could always come out and just confess: "sorry, guys, we just don't know better", but claim good intention. they have also used the excuse of the implementation, which is obviously also their fault and they could have thought earlier about, but it somehow sticks with the audience.

but these are qualitative measurements. getting your cash and delivering nothing is an entirely different matter, for which there are no excuses and for which you could even sue them. rest assured you will get ... something.

Top Bottom