Spoilers Beyond 3.0 Open Beta: Aliens Spoilers

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. We probably should have done this a little before beta, but the spoilers haven't been too out of hand just yet. Please use this thread to discuss any of the relevant spoilers from the beta so that they don't clog up the other stickies and ruin the fun for people trying to avoid it.

Last edited:
I know I've always been in the "no beta" camp to a degree... but when it's straight from the horses mouth... well, I feel the need to point this out from the patch notes:

I guess that settles that then?

Then we have time to worry about this one
- Added new alien attack craft

I know I've always been in the "no beta" camp to a degree... but when it's straight from the horses mouth... well, I feel the need to point this out from the patch notes:

I guess that settles that then?

Yeah, saw that too - interesting info!

Ah it's a permit locked system, ok thanks for that :)

Beta 3 spoiler...
Btw has anyone investigated the gal map tgoid filter? I'm about to go to 1 site myself, I checked the cannon map & it is indeed a TS site, not 1 I've visited though (or at least not when they cloned my cmdr).

Last edited:
Anyone else noticed the *ahem* new Barnacle sites? [hehe]

495WrOaxHYTaB5LHapme8VbGTdVTeSVvxJ-eNct5qQno8a3iMYBFHpwtxNYHr5XjCC_gAm752f-VykRX1QBiu4iOlG6YVG97c3_4UqYIVhdD9VpCodlHT4d-OtkISfQoK5iV_GWvIgrs4f5w0A97brsonJXrbHridZRaE26eIgYsZ70L2qFgIUn7KVsRg_FuFmS5hBiYif-EBPkTEagO9u-x8ecbrIWTE3xl5G_cyRnjCsDr7OQnQve1vePf82R7rq80WG9vuE3G6R9lGEXzTBJIONH5U6YmiTtrIF92oQD9Cenxemo1so9shdfo5bRD_qps468_OfNxdhOEv_6dfwjSjiTFCfn-NnQyaN-Tc72fkvXywzEgG9qBuCzTzONC6RFobs4g8QS6IK9hWzx3zrZfp8p2PkXv-O35_SB4I6JYYrSfnj2LqLb4xC1qOfsCYHuFijCVdedUpwh2j9Bx3ElqtMUFhR4lFz0ggYTw0XZACcvg0TYZ0RcsqNOwsmgs9UL9SspMOG7oD0tPaqRuswMbHvzEBeWFCqpZLcOD9gBPfX6Z7AcmCLCPuT35OhDgchnw6zRJSHGcx_bCpKhTyGBp0QTzJyJI14l1yy0=w402-h226-no

...Casually sitting on top of a Thargoid Scouts head?

Ah it's a permit locked system, ok thanks for that :)

Beta 3 spoiler...
Btw has anyone investigated the gal map tgoid filter? I'm about to go to 1 site myself, I checked the cannon map & it is indeed a TS site, not 1 I've visited though (or at least not when they cloned my cmdr).

I was surprised by how few green I noticed - only about 3 dots. I've not been to many sites though (I've just been to the same ones many times!). Interested to know if you have more?

I'm at ruin site right now, first time deploying my SRV in the beta, what the heck is that triangular reticle in the middle?

1DkF5Wj.jpg

Also, the ambient sounds are bit different to my ear...I'll be looking at some spectrograms.

Update: Was this glyph pattern reported before? One of the Canonn guys tells me it's supposed to represent an orb and relic.

1pcWa06.jpg

Annnnnd something else is up with the obelisk audio. It data packets have shifted down in frequency by 3 kHz or so. Maybe this is a signal from the fdevs telling us that this is just fluff without meaning. Why else shift it so drastically?

tmgQy9S.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, many more, once I was at the right zoom level, & I didn't find 1 in my brief look that I had visited (according to the gal map anyway).
[edit] Ah, gal map is showing all my regular systems as unvisited.

Oh wow, TS 211 (inactive), on 12A ,the planet looks amazing! :cool:, about to drop down to the site....... the site looks the same.

Last edited:
I'm at ruin site right now, first time deploying my SRV in the beta, what the heck is that triangular reticle in the middle?

Also, the ambient sounds are bit different to my ear...I'll be looking at some spectrograms.

Update: Was this glyph pattern reported before? One of the Canonn guys tells me it's supposed to represent an orb and relic.

Annnnnd something else is up with the obelisk audio. It data packets have shifted down in frequency by 3 kHz or so. Maybe this is a signal from the fdevs telling us that this is just fluff without meaning. Why else shift it so drastically?

Holy hell, this is looking good...

I checked out the Cete (Melville's ship) and it doesn't show up on the System Map, but it does show up in your left-hand panel, lol... I went to check it out but the ship's scanner didn't want to work at all scanning it - you can scan the datalink points as per the norm, but I heavily suspect the Cete will be involved once 3.0 goes live.

Last edited:
One of our Canonn guys has pointed out that he can see undocumented ones in Eta Carinae...which probably means they really are revealing the rest of them.

For me it means some player that does not use Frontier Forums found them. Well there is only one way to find out, finish the search :)

Last edited:
Check please when You shoot the relic if the orb inside stays on the ground. Rep!!!

I shot a relic tower and the relic fell and stayed on the groud :) So nothing different there.

Here are some more glyph patterns. It's pretty obvious it helps the user give it the right artifact combinations:

keoITfB.jpg

iQvimLq.jpg

KE9vZYQ.jpg

poGke8l.jpg

FXn5au8.jpg

BZJUDb0.jpg

For me it means some player that does not use Frontier Forums found them. Well there is only one way to find out, finish the search :)

That's certainly a possibility, but now I'm getting reports that formerly unknown active Thargoid Sites are appearing on the galmap.

Flew around for an hour or so in the Beta and made a beeline to the Pleiades Nebula.

Visited a barnacle site, Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7 A 6, which I've visited before. I went to the exact coordinates that are on the ED Wiki, but couldn't see the structures anywhere. Very strange.

Dropped into a couple NHSS. Interactions with Interceptors was typical. Except... I swear I heard a Basilisk (or was it a Cyclops?, definitely not a Medusa) make a sound that I've never heard before. There was also a couple other oddities... Hard to put my finger on (maybe a change in how they use their lights?, again, hard to say). Some of the NHSS are the new Thargoid Scouts/Marauders, up to 12 of them, sometimes in a debris field but often in open space; seemingly always hostile, although it might be worth it to test their behavior without any AEGIS tech on it, as my Type 6 had a Xeno Scanner.

Got hyperdicted by 4 Interceptors. Nothing unusual, although I wasn't able to turn my ship around to watch them during the scanning process before they used their shutdown field.

At the end I picked up a Thargoid Sensor and went to a surface site in a system with 'Thargoid Allegiance'. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I posted this in the Guardians thread, but wanted to show it here in case it hasn't been noticed. The obelisk glyphs have changed and show the player what items to carry:

keoITfB.jpg

iQvimLq.jpg

KE9vZYQ.jpg

poGke8l.jpg

FXn5au8.jpg

BZJUDb0.jpg

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom