Patch Notes Update 3.0 Open Beta - Patch Notes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
"Access to port services including ship transferring/storage/retrieval/selling are limited if the player docks in a 'wanted' ship (bounties and fines) applicable in that jurisdiction, and where transfer is possible, the cost is increased"

Unbelievable , FDev's tweaks players / ship movement BUT without allowing the most important Quality of Life gameplay improvement

which is "Allowing players to move from Ship to Ship without Cargo following"

Storage
http://steamcommunity.com/app/359320/discussions/0/1473095965289270927/?ctp=2

ON Ship Temp Storage & OFF Ship Temp Storage
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/369641-Off-Ship-Storage-2-4-if-not-when

There's nothing unbelievable about it; Frontier don't want Cmdr's hording goods.
I think that's a silly notion as it's a gamey/fake limitation; but, it is what it is.

Unbelievable , FDev's tweaks players / ship movement BUT without allowing the most important Quality of Life gameplay improvement

which is "Allowing players to move from Ship to Ship without Cargo following"

"Single most important" Quality of Life gameplay improvement for YOU, perhaps. You'll find as you sift through this forum that others have said the same thing but have very different ideas of what constitutes "single most important," different from you and from each other. Might want to consider that.

Unbelievable , FDev's tweaks players / ship movement BUT without allowing the most important Quality of Life gameplay improvement which is "Allowing players to move from Ship to Ship without Cargo following"

Most important? For whom? There are many potential QoL improvements; being able to horde commodities, doesn't strike me as a QoL improvement, as much as a convenience factor for commodity hoarding and or risk free transfer of cargo via ship transfer. For example. I'm sure that's not what you mean, tho.

Most important? For whom? There are many potential QoL improvements; being able to horde commodities, doesn't strike me as a QoL improvement, as much as a convenience factor for commodity hoarding and or risk free transfer of cargo via ship transfer. For example. I'm sure that's not what you mean, tho.

No....you don't mean people would take dozens of delivery missions to the same place, fill up a few T9's with cargo and transfer it all remotely...never.

The single biggest QOL for me would be the ability to place temporary waypoints on the planetary surface, so storing ships with cargo is pretty much at the bottom of the list, I just wonder who's list they are going to follow?

Anyone know where a Freedom Class Survey Vessel MLK-0015 is? I am on the beta server in Altair around Darkes Hollow in the same spot as in the Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Content Livestream - Part 2 video and it isn't here. Thanks

Anyone know where a Freedom Class Survey Vessel MLK-0015 is? I am on the beta server in Altair around Darkes Hollow in the same spot as in the Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Content Livestream - Part 2 video and it isn't here. Thanks

I believe there's one in the BETA system (Wyrd IIRC).

You're right, they should be charging you to store goods. That's what happens in real life :)

I would be 100% in favour of that.

If you want to store goods; you can .. however, you "rent" storage space based on the size of the ship(s) you have at dock; for example: Over a 24 hour (real-time) period: 100,000 credits for a small landing pad, 1, 000,000 for a medium, and 10,000,000 for a large.

Not seeing it, thank you though
I remember seeing one in orbit around a planet, and I really want to say in the BETA system.
Sorry I can't be much help though.

I would be 100% in favour of that.

If you want to store goods; you can .. however, you "rent" storage space based on the size of the ship(s) you have at dock; for example: Over a 24 hour (real-time) period: 100,000 credits for a small landing pad, 1, 000,000 for a medium, and 10,000,000 for a large.

Yes, in real life, you earn money, and then you pay for things annually. However, this would mean that if you can't get to play for an extended period of time, you get bankrupt. Same for real life, but you manage somehow, because it's a must. I really do not want to manage it in a game, however, and i don't care how much of it is 'simulation'. Nothing that's supposed to be a relaxation should force people into such ultimatum (log in and play or you'll lose something). That's enough stress for real life.

Last edited:
Has anyone found the "Size 4 Meta Alloy Hull Reinforcement Package" ?
UPDATE: Never mind, they are experimental.

Last edited:
Yes, in real life, you earn money, and then you pay for things annually. However, this would mean that if you can't get to play for an extended period of time, you get bankrupt. Same for real life, but you manage somehow, because it's a must. I really do not want to manage it in a game, however, and i don't care how much of it is 'simulation'. Nothing that's supposed to be a relaxation should force people into such ultimatum (log in and play or you'll lose something). That's enough stress for real life.

However it's implemented; I think a hefty price should be paid for the right to store cargo-laden ships.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-Patch-Notes?p=6356165&viewfull=1#post6356165

There's nothing unbelievable about it; Frontier don't want Cmdr's hording goods.
I think that's a silly notion as it's a gamey/fake limitation; but, it is what it is.

"Single most important" Quality of Life gameplay improvement for YOU, perhaps. You'll find as you sift through this forum that others have said the same thing but have very different ideas of what constitutes "single most important," different from you and from each other. Might want to consider that.

No....you don't mean people would take dozens of delivery missions to the same place, fill up a few T9's with cargo and transfer it all remotely...never.

The single biggest QOL for me would be the ability to place temporary waypoints on the planetary surface, so storing ships with cargo is pretty much at the bottom of the list, I just wonder who's list they are going to follow?

I never said anything about 2nd Accounts and hording commodities, all Ive mentioned is the stupidly of having Cargo following the player around.

"Allowing players to move from Ship to Ship without Cargo following" such a simple Quality of Life, gameplay improvement request !

I never said anything about 2nd Accounts and hording commodities, all Ive mentioned is the stupidly of having Cargo following the player around.

"Allowing players to move from Ship to Ship without Cargo following" such a simple Quality of Life, gameplay improvement request !

You have a 700t cargo ship full of goods.
You then jump to your other cargo ship and fill that with goods.
You jump to another cargo ship.. and another.. and another.

I never said you said anything about hording commodities; but that's exactly what it would be used for; I was explaining (one possible reason) why we don't have it.

You have a 700t cargo ship full of goods.
You then jump to your other cargo ship and fill that with goods.
You jump to another cargo ship.. and another.. and another.

I never said you said anything about hording commodities; but that's exactly what it would be used for; I was explaining (one possible reason) why we don't have it.

Imagine what this (ability to store goods in ships and then park them somewhere) would do to, say, Powerplay or CGs. Have your PP faction slowly build up a huge quantity of PP goods at some station of interest and then deliver them suddenly just by switching from ship to ship unloading cargo. No warning or chance to respond by the other PP factions at all. You could also get seriously rich if you parked ships filled with Palladium near player CG that you knew was coming up and paid well for said material. There is pain in not being able to store goods, but the opposite would be game breaking.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom