Sothis/Ceos is indeed back 2/8/2018

Lots of Boom and strategic data missions back and forth.
I've tried other places for this but the low station count and short ls from entry point of the ones in these 2 systems can't be beat for grinding rank anyway.

I timed round trip:
Docked at Ceos grabbed 20 missions including 2 cargo ones along with boom data. Only flipped board one time to get to 20.
Landed at Sothis -Newholm station, turned in missions and grabbed more data missions. On to Sothis Mining - repeat. No board flip was needed after scooping up data booms at these 2 stations. Back to Ceos and turned in missions.
Took me 23 minutes round trip to do 40 Fed. missions. Best time-wise I've found yet.
I suppose you could board flip and only take missions to Sothis Mining and maybe shave a few mins? I'll try that tonight.

There are numerous other places for swapping data missions but the ls from star or time spent board flipping to reach 20 missions always had me well over 45 minutes round trip.

I'm not allied yet so can't speak to the profit side much yet. Last round I did grab the Sothis sirius passenger missions just to see what they were about. they do pay decent 120k-250k each but they are a time suck if your goal is to crank out rank. If you do passengers on this remember to drop from supercruise to scan the beacon! I sat like a moron for a few mins. wondering why the mission notice didn't go off until it hit me you cannot scan the beacon in supercruise LOL!

47% toward Post Captain now. That Corvette is in sight!
Thanks to all you previous posters for sharing this place.

Yeah I cannot wait to spam Uber trips to Sirius Atmospherics and run data missions till I drop. Party like it's 3099...

For Ceos and Sothis to actually be back, there would have to be Cargo Missions back to the Bubble for around 10 - 15 million per 120 - 140 tons. Which was stopped and that's what killed them.

The Data Missions have always been there. As it is for Imperial rank-up at Wu-Guinagi and Hip 10716.

o7

I was doing the single hop to POI drops a few weeks back to get some cash, but you have to be careful it's a griefer hotspot, so go private group it you want to avoid them!!!

Lots of Boom and strategic data missions back and forth.
I've tried other places for this but the low station count and short ls from entry point of the ones in these 2 systems can't be beat for grinding rank anyway.

I timed round trip:
Docked at Ceos grabbed 20 missions including 2 cargo ones along with boom data. Only flipped board one time to get to 20.
Landed at Sothis -Newholm station, turned in missions and grabbed more data missions. On to Sothis Mining - repeat. No board flip was needed after scooping up data booms at these 2 stations. Back to Ceos and turned in missions.
Took me 23 minutes round trip to do 40 Fed. missions. Best time-wise I've found yet.
I suppose you could board flip and only take missions to Sothis Mining and maybe shave a few mins? I'll try that tonight.

There are numerous other places for swapping data missions but the ls from star or time spent board flipping to reach 20 missions always had me well over 45 minutes round trip.

I'm not allied yet so can't speak to the profit side much yet. Last round I did grab the Sothis sirius passenger missions just to see what they were about. they do pay decent 120k-250k each but they are a time suck if your goal is to crank out rank. If you do passengers on this remember to drop from supercruise to scan the beacon! I sat like a moron for a few mins. wondering why the mission notice didn't go off until it hit me you cannot scan the beacon in supercruise LOL!

47% toward Post Captain now. That Corvette is in sight!
Thanks to all you previous posters for sharing this place.

Ran it this morning on the treadmill and thankfully was able to fill up with 5 million total worth of missions for my 25 minute run. Wish there were more 7-9 million cargo missions... :-(

Have they finished building the stations yet? I remember the welding arc flash animations were still going on at least a year after the initial construction.

I can hear the exploit support tickets firing off as I type.

I do not see any nerf to this comming. It is a well known Federation rank system. It used to offer 60-100 million credit rewards for haling Biowaste and Hydrogen Fuel 300+ LYs back to the bubble back in the days. That stuff got nerfed though, but the ranking with Fed... nopes. And, it was as good back then as it is now.

Sothis/Ceos are good anytime they are in boom. It will last a few days, then most likely dry up again. Make the most of it while you can. :)

Top Bottom