What's FD's definition of "too many CR/hour"? 50? 100? Where is the line drawn?

No one knows.

Personally I like the idea of goldrushes being part of the game, you know they're going to be time limited and there's a sense of immediacy and urgency to getting there and make hay while the sun shines, in full knowledge that it's going to get nerfbatted at anytime.

Last edited:
Don't think we will ever know FD's definition of too much. Historically, when people call the latest board-flipping money making scheme an exploit, that's where the line is drawn. Look at Smeaton and Oxley Keep for instance.

I think people who worry about the credits per/hr are more into flaming players who figured out the game versus they didn't take the time to figure it out on their own.

Personally I like the idea of goldrushes being part of the game, you know they're going to be time limited and there's a sense of immediacy and urgency to getting there and make hay while the sun shines, in full knowledge that it's going to get nerfbatted at anytime.

I'd love to see a regular goldrush mechanic added to the game too. There is clearly a community desire for such events. Make it a function of the BGS, not dev created, so they happen naturally and there could even be a couple at a time. Preferably not just combat goldrushes though, I'd love to see trade and mining goldrushes too, even salvage goldrushes maybe to clean up a junky planet or something!

CG's are kinda this already but not quite lucrative enough to qualify. Plus it really shouldn't be something where you get rewarded at the end in tiers depending on how much time you invested. A goldrush should just be straight up paying far higher than normal for normal game playing.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder if the complainers are just another form of trolling.

Looking at the posting history of the individual who made the 'bug report' that inevitably got the ball rolling into nerfing Volyboom, it's a person who's been crying out for player-owned and run assets in the game forever, as well as player markets.

That says everything you need to know. A wannabe dictator who spat their dummy out because some people jumped on the Volyboom gravy train.

I imagine the line is drawn by FDev maths.

Something like average credit/hour per player across the total population.

Since not everyone grinds credits all the time, the relative average is low.
So when something higher shows, they nerf it.

I suppose the type of ship also matters when setting up a cap.
Keelback mission miner? (Ore targets from missions)
Viper m3 bounty hunting? (With combat missions that can be hunted in haz-res)
Viper m3 bounty hunting? (In system without res sites, mostly interdicting and signal sources?)
Asp Explorer exploration? (Blind deep space exploration)
E.c.t.

I'd love to see a regular goldrush mechanic added to the game too. There is clearly a community desire for such events. Make it a function of the BGS, not dev created, so they happen naturally and there could even be a couple at a time. Preferably not just combat goldrushes though, I'd love to see trade and mining goldrushes too, even salvage goldrushes maybe to clean up a junky planet or something!

I agree 100%. Volyboom was a naturally occurring product of the BGS I believe, the actual money-making side of it was all down to mode-switching (as it always is in these cases).

Why not integrate this into exploration mechanics too. A lucky explorer happens upon a planet or asteroid belt seeded to have untold riches way out in the black, but it won't last. Make it a real goldrush with the logistics and necessary arrangements that are needed for such an operation in the back of beyond.

I've seen CZ massacres missions paying around 25MCr for 108 kills. These can be done in an hour, and if you include the combat bond payment, that's going to put you in the region of 30MCr per hour. That's a single mission payout, so I assume FDev are ok with that.

CG's are kinda this already but not quite lucrative enough to qualify. Plus it really shouldn't be something where you get rewarded at the end in tiers depending on how much time you invested. A goldrush should just be straight up paying far higher than normal for normal game playing.

A controlled goldrush by the devs sounds reasonable. One benefit would be that it may ensure that the event will not destroy a groups endeavors in the BGS.

A controlled goldrush by the devs sounds reasonable. One benefit would be that it may ensure that the event will not destroy a groups endeavors in the BGS.

Not too worried about the BGS. Its a big brown galaxy, plenty of places to play spreadsheets and cookie cutter factions.

I think people who worry about the credits per/hr are more into flaming players who figured out the game versus they didn't take the time to figure it out on their own.

I think your view makes you a member of the "Dangerous Elite" A group of players who believe they are the only ones who truly know how to play the game and that all others should play as they do.

Top Bottom