ANNOUNCEMENT The Great 3.0 Treasure Hunt - Competition!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Commanders, the Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter One update is finally here and there’s so much to see!

To celebrate the release we’re holding “The Great 3.0 Treasure Hunt” (a screenshot competition held over four weeks) where you’ll have the chance to fly home with some awesome prizes! Each week from now until 4 April 2018 we’ll be asking you to provide your best screenshot of the following:

Week One (March 7th - March 14th) – Chieftain
Whether you’re sat in the cockpit of your new Alliance Chieftain or zooming past it while discovering new planets, we want to see your screenshots of the newest ship that has come to Elite Dangerous.
To enter, take a screenshot of an Alliance Chieftain and submit it to week one’s social or forum posts. It can be your own Chieftain or someone else's.

Twitter Link: Here
Facebook Link: Here
Forum Link: Here

Week Two (March 14th - March 21st) – Planetary Improvements
Planetary visuals have been improved, so now is more than ever to get out there and take a look! Don’t forget to share your findings with us
To enter, take a screenshot of the new planetary colors and submit it to week two’s social or forum posts.

Week Three (March 21st - March 28th) – Combat
Fashion yourself as a flying ace? Capture yourself bringing down rival commanders, or document the fight from afar!
To enter, take a screenshot of a space combat scene in-game and submit it to week three’s social or forum posts.

Week Four (March 28th - April 4th) – Thargoid Marauder or a Guardian Ruin
[REDACTED]
To enter, take a screenshot of either a Thargoid Marauder or Guardian Ruin in-game and submit it to week four’s social or forum posts.

Twitter Link:
Facebook Link:

Each week, a post on Twitter, Facebook and these forums will be randomly selected to win one of our money-can’t-buy Community Prize Paint Packs AND... our favourite post from either Facebook, Twitter or these forums will win a grand prize!

Grand Prizes are:

Weeks 1, 2, and 3 - HOTAS on PC, Xbox One or PlayStation 4 (you choose the platform!)
Week 4 - Elite Dangerous goodie bag including - Hyper X Fury Pro Gaming Mouse Pad, signed poster and a physical copy of the game!

If you're not already following us on social media, you can find us here!
· Facebook
· Twitter
· Instagram

T&C's Your screenshot must adhere to the specified weekly theme.
  • Entries must be submitted to the relevant social post in between the dates listed above.
  • Only one entry per person will be allowed, per week.
  • In the event of more than one entry received per week, only the first will be valid.
  • You may delete your entry and resubmit a new entry if this is within the specified dates above.
  • Light editing is acceptable (leveling, use of blur or sharpen tools, colour alteration) however excessive manipulation will be disqualified. Thanks for asking!
  • Winners of the Community Paint Packs will be selected by a random number generator.
  • Winners of the grand prizes will be selected by a panel of Frontier Developments staff members.
  • Winners will be contacted within 7 days of the competition ending and must respond within 7 days to claim their prize.
  • Frontier reserve the right to edit or replace any prizes with an alternative prize of equal or greater value should any of them become unavailable.

FDev, be honest, is this just a desperate attempt to preoccupy us now that you’ve completely removed two mission types and still haven’t un-nerfed the KWS?

Challenge-Accepted-Meme-07.jpg

Edit:

As others have said, this should have been available on the forum too but I understand the decision behind it, social media publicity and all that. But generally speaking this is not that kind of community IMO.

Last edited:
I shouldn't be so intolerant, but I really, really loathe twitter and facebook as well. Count me out. From reading the above replies, I guess I am not the only one. No wonder I love this community.

Why do I slam social media? Instead of looking around at our amazing, precious Earth, people are bent hovered over a mere technical device. Actual people pass them by, adorable puppy dogs and kids... no acknowledgement.... sad. Yes, ED is also virtual reality; however, I started playing Elite to gain a further appreciation of our incredible Milky Way Galaxy. ED has done just that; I now know a little bit more about stars, planetary makeup, and have a better appreciation of orders of magnitude. And Datamined Wake Exceptions..... ACK

o7

So the FD marketing team be like...

Well, we need to sell more copies to hit the quota...

Time to motivate the masses and their social media accounts!

Meh, I don't mind tbh.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom