Elite Dangerous PS4 Feature Requests and PS4 FAQ

I'm about to get a new PS4 and already have elite dangerous (deluxe edition) on my old system. how do i transfer saves? i know you an transfer game data via PS+ or usb, but this game uses servers. can someone help me with how to transfer my save data?

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I'm about to get a new PS4 and already have elite dangerous (deluxe edition) on my old system. how do i transfer saves? i know you an transfer game data via PS+ or usb, but this game uses servers. can someone help me with how to transfer my save data?

Hey CMDR, the save game data is held on the server.

You will just need to login with your existing Frontier account on your new PS4. Not sure if your existing control settings are retained but I suspect not.

You can connect both PS4’s to your router, sign into the new one with your profile details, it detects the first PS4 and will ask to copy all data from the original console. Takes a while but works really well.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I have updated the title here changed the original OP it to cover the original FAQ and also PS4 feature requests as I know some people were asking about it, some requests were made right back at the beginning.

I have listed so far the ones I remember or have an interest in. If there are others please feel free to point me at existing posts requesting stuff or post here. I will update the list.

There is of course no guarantee FDev take any notice but at least it will keep everything in one place, and not lost. The best bet is still posting on the Suggestions and Feature Requests Forum and if you do that feel free to give me the URL so I can put sources to the suggestions collated here.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Stormy, you might wanna mention that yesterday during the Lave Radio interview Ed was asked about PSVR and responded with a pretty clear (to me) "I wouldn't hold my breath about that".

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Stormy, you might wanna mention that yesterday during the Lave Radio interview Ed was asked about PSVR and responded with a pretty clear (to me) "I wouldn't hold my breath about that".

Have you got the actual quote? I don't want to miss quote and didn't hear it myself. Is there a link to the podcast?

TWitko

Banned
I know it's listed already (page 1), but as it's so important for me, let me repeat it here again (sorry for any inconvenience) ...

PLEASE, please, p l e a s e ..... give us a captain's log aka player's journal ... THANK YOU very much in advance [up]

TW

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I know it's listed already (page 1), but as it's so important for me, let me repeat it here again (sorry for any inconvenience) ...

PLEASE, please, p l e a s e ..... give us a captain's log aka player's journal ... THANK YOU very much in advance [up]

TW

We actually got some manual tools on EDSM yesterday, which is nice and all but yes, some kind of console Journal support would be superb.

We actually got some manual tools on EDSM yesterday, which is nice and all but yes, some kind of console Journal support would be superb.

Even if we can't get some form of export tool available to us (Sony constraints), some form of in game access to the journal would be helpful.
The changes that FDev have put into the Beta have been with respect to the PC journal / API.

:(

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator

Ok so I have listened to the Pod Cast, and the quote in full is:

"Errrmmmaaah So the, I believe that the statement is still the same. 'We really like VR at Frontier Developments (laugh)'.. That kind of statement, you know, where its like, we love it, we are still investigating, I imagine its to do with the priorities list thing, it may have slightly dropped down the priorities list errrm, I don't think its still a never going to happen but, I wouldn't hold your breath for it.. If I am honest. Errrm. To be honest that's a disappointing answer isn't it? You know what? This is a very good point. And I am going to chase up a bit more of a definitive statement".

He then goes on to say he will get an update on the forums.

Podcast [Lave Radio Episode 185 here]. He talks about it around 59 minutes in.

Edit: Updated the OP to point here.

Last edited:

TWitko

Banned

Upsss .. maybe I missed something (of course it's possible as I was a busy little bit) ... please can you direct me to some info ? Thnx in adv ..

TW

https://twitter.com/EDSM_NET/status/960878484389355521

Basically you can manually input your journey and locations, but the caveat is that systems have to already have been uploaded by a PC player. No first discoveries allowed.

but what happens if a pc player jumps to a system a ps4 player has got first discovery on would it then be uploaded as the pc players first discovery or ps4 players, because i have quite a few first discoveries and wouldn't want some pc player taking credit lol

TWitko

Banned
but what happens if a pc player jumps to a system a ps4 player has got first discovery on would it then be uploaded as the pc players first discovery or ps4 players, because i have quite a few first discoveries and wouldn't want some pc player taking credit lol

afaik ... the "First Discovered by XYZ" tag is managed by Frontier's servers / by game itself ... it has nothing to do with our logs, journals, nor 3rd party apps, manual entries etc... thus .. if you are the first who entered & discovered system/body (* by playing game).. then tag is yours ...

TW

* added later

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator

afaik ... the "First Discovered by XYZ" tag is managed by Frontier's servers / by game itself ... it has nothing to do with our logs, journals, nor 3rd party apps, manual entries etc... thus .. if you are the first who entered & discovered system/body (* by playing game).. then tag is yours ...

TW

* added later

Yeh it won't affect anything in game, it will be just on EDSM although I am not sure how the player journal in the Elite Dangerous PC would handle that as the system would show as already discovered. Hmmm. I guess all EDSM is interested in is if it's uploaded to their database or not.

Probably they could enter the details on EDSM and get credited on there but as I say that won't affect anything in game.

Maybe a in between would be to support 3d televisions. I have a couple of games for the ps4 in 3d and its awesome.

Not everyone want to wear a headset, especially for long periods that this game demands. A set of 3d glasses and it would circumvent playstaion copyright rules.

I can just imagine seeing everything pop in 3d.

For the most part Frontier have worked wonders with the dual shock 4 but one minor thing which still hasn't been addressed is not being able to scroll the right panel of the Universal Cartographics screen, the one which has the details of all the bodies you scanned in the selected system. The same is now also true of the engineer warnings when converting legacy modules to 3.0 (the top and bottom of the text is cut off and there is no way you can scroll it).

One suggestion to fix this would be to allow PS4 users to use the touch pad as a mouse when docked in stations, kind of like you can already do when on the galaxy map. This would make selecting text you wish to scroll easy.

Hello all. I am not sure if this has been mentioned yet. But I was wondering if there was a list of ships that can be docked with other ships and a how to tutorial to go with it. If there is not a way to do this then I would recommend having the option to say store an Eagle or something inside a Keelback. (Not sure if the physics apply here as I'm fairly new) But I have been trying to figure out what I need to dock a ship owned with another one that's owned since I got the game. It's frustrating because there isn't much online about this. Only a list of ships that have fighter hanger ability. Not a list of ships that have Landing pads or Hangars that can house other ships. I have a Viper that is looking for a Home ship. Lastly on a side note. Not sure if this was mentioned either but being able to change Hud colors would be nice as well. I hope frontier expands the game to something awesome. Its a good game. So as a last bit of hope from the little guy to the company. Can we lease land ships inside other ships without having to spend 100 million to do so?

Hello all. I am not sure if this has been mentioned yet. But I was wondering if there was a list of ships that can be docked with other ships

No ships can (yet) be carried by other ships, only the small fighters can be taken with you in the ships that can fit a fighter hangar.

It was originally thought that sidewinders would be able to be launched from larger ships but this didn't happen when ship launched fighter capabilities were added to the game.

You can store ships at any station that has shipyard facilities.

Last edited:
Top Bottom