Patch Notes Update Update 3.0.3

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So was this meant to remove the mission USS?

This is a terrible "fix" to something that wasn't broken.

Before, there was the option to do the mission straight away by looking for the USS. Now, we are stuck waiting 40 minutes or more for the brief window of availability of the target. Not good if you can only play the game in fairly short sessions.

That's probably the last time I'll bother doing an assassination mission now.
The good news is, the assassination missions aren't broken. The bad news is, you now have to manually scan the system's nav beacon -- just honking the discovery scanner doesn't work. What convinced FDev that this was a good idea, I can't say.

• Fixed assassination missions showing players the target mission system prematurely

So was this meant to remove the mission USS?

This is a terrible "fix" to something that wasn't broken.

Before, there was the option to do the mission straight away by looking for the USS. Now, we are stuck waiting 40 minutes or more for the brief window of availability of the target. Not good if you can only play the game in fairly short sessions.

That's probably the last time I'll bother doing an assassination mission now.

How does this change square with the statement from Sandro that they 'don't want to waste our time'. As far as I was concerned being able to find the target early was beneficial to my time investment.

Amazing update !! The "wreckless weapon discharge" fine finally works as intended !

It was a real pain, now I can finally do some bounty hunting <3

• Fixed an issue where factions could send players on Spec Ops missions to their own systems

Does 'Spec Ops' include planetary scan missions. EG will I not have to work of 5 points of notoriety, as I am now, and am locked out of my chosen factions facilities, by that faction, for completing missions for that faction, against that faction.

And if so, do you really mean 'own systems'? Or will they give me missions against the other factions in their systems?

[/LIST]

Does 'Spec Ops' include planetary scan missions. EG will I not have to work of 5 points of notoriety, as I am now, and am locked out of my chosen factions facilities, by that faction, for completing missions for that faction, against that faction.

And if so, do you really mean 'own systems'? Or will they give me missions against the other factions in their systems?

I don't have an answer for you on this directly, but last night I took a mission from a non-controlling party at an outpost. Jumped to the system, completed the mission (which made me wanted in that system, but not in the original system from where I took the mission) and then, upon returning to the outpost to turn in the mission I gained Hostile status with the controlling party of the outpost. Barely managed to make it away from the outpost with only 5% hull remaining because they opened fire on me as I was leaving :(

[/LIST]

Spec ops are, specifically, spec ops missions. they generally involve murdering a number of NPCs from a specific faction. Or so I'm told. I may be a pilot for hire, but murdering civilians? Nope, gotta draw the line somewhere.

Spec ops are, specifically, spec ops missions. they generally involve murdering a number of NPCs from a specific faction. Or so I'm told. I may be a pilot for hire, but murdering civilians? Nope, gotta draw the line somewhere.

Hmmm, I'll need to assume scan missions are still broken then (specifically a faction asking you to scan their own facilities).

Spec Ops missions are different from Planetary Scan missions. Nevertheless, your question is a good one -- this has been a problem for as long as I've been playing the game, and it's made an order of magnitude worse with the new C&P system, to the point where they're just not worth taking any more, IMO. ...but I'll bet it's still assigned "minor" bug status in the bug tracking system...

Of course, you can just role play this as, "All missions given to you are by underhanded weasels looking for Pilot's Federation contractors to exploit (all while patting them on the back and letting them believe they're considered "allies"). So even though you're told you're scanning one of their own facilities, the reality is that you're not (and the mission-giving faction folks are all snickering into their palms as you fly away, because they got another one over on a naive PF contractor). They've REALLY hired you to steal data to gain advantage over a rival faction and the mission giver doesn't care one whit about your trials and tribulations as long as they get their data..."

Looked at that way, why, your bounty isn't a bug at all!

And, looked at that way, it totally makes FDev priorities sensible: "There aren't any bugged missions to fix; prioritize adding more without analyzing which mission types are NEVER being taken, and why!" ;-)

Deleted member 115407

D
Spec Ops missions are different from Planetary Scan missions. Nevertheless, your question is a good one -- this has been a problem for as long as I've been playing the game, and it's made an order of magnitude worse with the new C&P system, to the point where they're just not worth taking any more, IMO. ...but I'll bet it's still assigned "minor" bug status in the bug tracking system...

Of course, you can just role play this as, "All missions given to you are by underhanded weasels looking for Pilot's Federation contractors to exploit (all while patting them on the back and letting them believe they're considered "allies"). So even though you're told you're scanning one of their own facilities, the reality is that you're not (and the mission-giving faction folks are all snickering into their palms as you fly away, because they got another one over on a naive PF contractor). They've REALLY hired you to steal data to gain advantage over a rival faction and the mission giver doesn't care one whit about your trials and tribulations as long as they get their data..."

Looked at that way, why, your bounty isn't a bug at all!

And, looked at that way, it totally makes FDev priorities sensible: "There aren't any bugged missions to fix; prioritize adding more without analyzing which mission types are NEVER being taken, and why!" ;-)

Sometimes a government needs to move things along, and you can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs.

If you want to avoid bounties in general, probably best to avoid accepting contracts to murder people.

I haven't read all 735 posts so I might have missed it, but where is the follow on missions section?

• Superpower Rank-up Missions have been moved to the Follow On Missions section to make them easier to find

I am ranked 100& Ally with the Empire and 100% with the controlling faction which is Empire aligned. What was so wrong with the way it was? I should definitely be getting offers for Imperial Naval Auxiliary missions but am not because none of the missions I'm doing are follow on's. I love this game and am almost a fan gal, but this is beyond insane.

I haven't read all 735 posts so I might have missed it, but where is the follow on missions section?

I am ranked 100& Ally with the Empire and 100% with the controlling faction which is Empire aligned. What was so wrong with the way it was? I should definitely be getting offers for Imperial Naval Auxiliary missions but am not because none of the missions I'm doing are follow on's. I love this game and am almost a fan gal, but this is beyond insane.

There's currently an issue with the Rank Up missions (As well as permit and Engineer invite missions) in that essentially they are not generating.

Deleted member 115407

D
Skimmer missions suck now, FD. Please revert the changes.

All you had to do was lower the payments.

The SRV is a piece of .

They were made impossible to do in SRVs once they added air patrol ships to most/all of the bases.
That's the price we pay for having the "exploits nerfed." Or rather, "the game play that pays a little bit too much, and is a bit too easy to do, is totally hammered beyond recognition." :(

I loved the skimmer missions. Hearing what's happened to it, I'm not sure I even want to try again. Bummer...

I saw a Imperial naval follow on mission today. It was a massacre, so I was unlikely to take it to start off with, but I was cordial with the faction that offered it, and it required friendly...

Sometimes a government needs to move things along, and you can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs. If you want to avoid bounties in general, probably best to avoid accepting contracts to murder people.

Perhaps you meant to reply to (and quote) the person I replied to? I was merely discussing Planetary Scan missions and their problems. The only assassination missions I ever take are against pirates (and that was the case even before the new C&P; nowadays it's hard to imagine ANY missions that risk picking up a bounty ANYWHERE as being worthwhile, in either credits or hassle. I don't even glance at them anymore -- they're wasted space on the mission board.

Skimmer missions suck now, FD. Please revert the changes. All you had to do was lower the payments. The SRV is a piece of .

It's sadly laughable that in a universe where our turreted weapons track well enough to hit a moving target several kilometers away while our own ship in maneuvering in multiple planes, the SRV's turret in 3304 literally has poorer stability than a 1970s-era tank, and can't even stay on target on a stationary rock while the vehicle is moving at a crawl. I'd just LOVE to see the design explanation for that (if it's anything other than "because everything should be harder than it has to be")...

That's the price we pay for having the "exploits nerfed." Or rather, "the game play that pays a little bit too much, and is a bit too easy to do, is totally hammered beyond recognition." :( I loved the skimmer missions. Hearing what's happened to it, I'm not sure I even want to try again. Bummer...

I'm beginning to think that I missed something about skimmer mission payouts that made them so compelling to you. I looked at them as likely to take 30-60 minutes per mission, and without duplicate (stacking) payouts (the way it apparently was before I began playing, back when you could execute one action and satisfy multiple missions) -- none of them seemed like particularly rewarding payouts. Even skimmer missions paying 4-7M CR didn't look THAT compelling to me if they took 20-30 minutes or so to complete. Wonder what I missed!?

Deleted member 115407

D
Perhaps you meant to reply to (and quote) the person I replied to? I was merely discussing Planetary Scan missions and their problems. The only assassination missions I ever take are against pirates (and that was the case even before the new C&P; nowadays it's hard to imagine ANY missions that risk picking up a bounty ANYWHERE as being worthwhile, in either credits or hassle. I don't even glance at them anymore -- they're wasted space on the mission board.

Anything that doesn't incur notoriety is totally doable. Even if something does incur notoriety, you just make sure to take a crime ship that you don't mind leaving hot for a while until your status cools off.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom