Patch Notes Update Update 3.0.3

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
They were made impossible to do in SRVs once they added air patrol ships to most/all of the bases.

In low and medium security bases, I have no problem with ships stationed on the landing pads, and I land deep within the restricted area, less than 100m away from the base, even inside if I can, mandalorian style (think KOTOR2). I drop down as fast as possible, deploy the srv and dismiss my ship. I get a trespass fine but my ship gets dismissed without being fired upon. The only things that shoot my srv are ground defense turrets and skimmers et al. And I'm not even good.

They were made impossible to do in SRVs once they added air patrol ships to most/all of the bases.

And this is why people started blasting them with dumbfires or flak.

I'm getting really bored.... The mission variety really needs to be sorted out. I don't understand why its so difficult to add new mission types or targets, maybe some specific missions that involve ground strikes from the ship, or hostile stations with turrets that need taken out, If you look at the cinematic sequences on the Elite website you see Cobras shooting up an outpost, where's the missions for that? ... give us something to do, and make it meaningful and interesting.

My advanced scanner no longer reads any combat mission when in that system. Assassinate, Take Down, Scavange. I must stop at Nav beacon to be directed to my combat site. I still receive the info from explore missions. Black Box, Rare Artwork, and Commercial Sample. Is this by design or just temporary? I'm guessing trade works but I have not done any that require extra info.

My advanced scanner no longer reads any combat mission when in that system. Assassinate, Take Down, Scavange. I must stop at Nav beacon to be directed to my combat site. I still receive the info from explore missions. Black Box, Rare Artwork, and Commercial Sample. Is this by design or just temporary? I'm guessing trade works but I have not done any that require extra info.

I believe I saw a bug report about that issue, you might see about adding your experience to the bug reports section.

What's the latest and 'official' word on notoriety? There are various rumors on reddit that notority only would decay if e.g. you do something, so just sitting your time off in a station wouldn't do. I'm currently above my hour waiting time, 'doing things' in a clean ship but notoriety is still at 1. Also logging doesn't help. One of the rumors I can't believe at all are about notoriety decay would only work in Open. I'd call [censored].

[edit]
Meanwhile it's gone. I guess the notoriety delay timer is currently at 1 point / 2 hours?

That was the last thing posted that I recall.

Ok so we all know the DEV's fixed a small list of the minor bugs is there any time frame or guessing game for when they will try and fix the rest of the minor bugs, or try and fix at lest some of the major bugs we all know most
of the bugs you tried to fix with this last update failed and added a lot of new bugs.

By now Frontier must have noticed that the lack of bugs fixes that worked is putting a lot of players off playing, do we have to wait for the next update for 2018 or is their a plan to try and fix the majority of the major bugs first.

Its just that I'm sure every one playing and all those waiting for a major update to work as intended would want to know if the plan is to fix the bugs first or hope that the next update will over wright them and fix them by default.

As always please have a very nice day and ho yes please do not send me any more emails or news letters because as a kickstarter like the rest of us that saved FRONTIER DEVEKOPMENTS from going brook I now no longer feel
that's appropriate as its been confirmed we now get a lot less support that any one buying the game now.

I do still support all those that know how to do their jobs and all the volunteers, but sadly it seams most well lets just say seam to need a great deal of help doing their jobs.

FD, when was the last time any of you got in an SRV and did a skimmer mission? How'd it go?
Just fine, thanks :) , although with Goliaths it did feel like I was abusing AI limitations a bit (which isn't good for immersion), and most likely not the way FDev intended.

Did you get blasted from all sides by goliaths and skimmers and turrets because there was literally no cover for you to use to screen yourself?
Without any Goliaths, shooting Skimmers is like shooting fish in a barrel.

But if there are any Goliaths, then the solution is to be on the edge of the distance the Skimmers/etc are willing to go away from the base, and ensure you have (at least) a slight hill between you & them. Then you can pick them off, one by one.

Did you try shooting while on the move, with your dual repeater only hitting the juking and jiving skimmers occasionally?
You're supposed to use your judgement: Wait until they stop jiggling arround, and THEN shoot at them with everything you got. And then when they jiggle, you let your WEP energy recharge.

Did you put 4 to SYS and 2 to WEP, or the other way around? How'd that distribution work out for you when you were trying to kill one of the 3 or 4 skimmers with perfect aim all hitting you at once?
You're doing it wrong. You want 4 to WEP, and only have 1 or 2 of them able to see you at once (see above).

If your shields do get lowered, then run away, recharge your shields (4 SYS), and then come back.

Did your SRV, awesome little vehicle that it is, jump and shudder and change course violently and have near-rollovers every time it hit a rock because you were in the turret trying to attack and defend yourself?
This problem is far less severe with 3.0 than it was with 2.x . Although it's still an annoyance.

The bigger problem is the difficulty of keeping track of the direction you are driving, while you are in turret mode & engaged in a fierce fight. I think there is a solution:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...er-tanks-do)?p=6469253&viewfull=1#post6469253

Did you find kiting skimmers fun and engaging?
Yes, unless there is a Goliath, in which case they take flippin FOREVER to whittle their armour down. Even with synthesis-enhanced ammo. Goliaths need to be a bit less tanky.

I'm unwilling to bet that you've done any of this
Sorry, you lost your bet :)

Last edited:
I have to say I haven't found this a problem. Worst case you kill the patrol ship with your ship, before you go out in your SRV. Where's the problem?

You work for FD do you?
I find your reply's lack of substance quite boring... I presume you were unable to rebut any of my points?

P.S. Why would an FD employee suggest abusing ED game mechanics/limitations?

Last edited:

Deleted member 115407

D
I find your reply's lack of substance quite boring... I presume you were unable to rebut any of my points?

P.S. Why would an FD employee suggest abusing game ED mechanics/limitations?

I didn't say anything about abusing anything. Yes, I'm aware that these can be completed in the SRV. I completed six of them in the SRV yesterday. It was absolutely not fun, and frustratingly clawed my way through ever minute of it, repressing the urge to throw my computer out of the window.

I used to do these in various spaceships that I used as ground attack platforms, and enjoyed it very much. That sadly had to end because FD chose to fine tune the missions (read: introduce mechanics that prevent players from playing their way) rather than fix their perpetually broken procedurally generated mission board.

I appreciate the fact that you enjoy these so much from the ground. I certainly enjoyed them from the air. But since FD are unwilling to address the root cause of the issue, I don't get to do that anymore, and instead get to play cooky crazy bumper cars in the crapiest little moon buggy ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried *not* using the turret mode?
It points where the vehicle does and will even auto-acquire targets in your FOV.
No I hadn't! Having briefly tried it at an Outpost, it seems like it might make it way too easy. Will have to try on a proper Skimmer destruction mission.

But I think I'd still prefer to use the turret, as it ought to make fighting multiple targets easier (if the turret controls didn't suck), and of course you can drive in one direction while shooting in another (in theory).

Update: I found using the turret the better way, as you can more easily tell what's happening to your targets, and have more control.

Last edited:
Have noticed a load of different pirate factions appearing in Mapotepa Haz Rez sites whilst trying to do massacre missions of Mapotepa Purple Pirates, some from systems that I've never heard of, since 3.0.3 landed. This makes the missions take far longer to complete. Seeing more Kolapa pirate ships in Mapotepa now then the local ones. Wonder why this change happened?

8<snip>8
I used to do these in various spaceships that I used as ground attack platforms, and enjoyed it very much. That sadly had to end because FD chose to fine tune the missions (read: introduce mechanics that prevent players from playing their way) rather than fix their perpetually broken procedurally generated mission board.
8<snip>8

I did a planetary scan mission from a ship, well, except for the scan part, but I was able to target(!) and kill skimmers from my ship, which I discovered completely by accident.

As soon as I find a skimmer mission I'm going to try the same techniques again.

• Fixed assassination missions showing players the target mission system prematurely

So was this meant to remove the mission USS?

This is a terrible "fix" to something that wasn't broken.

Before, there was the option to do the mission straight away by looking for the USS. Now, we are stuck waiting 40 minutes or more for the brief window of availability of the target. Not good if you can only play the game in fairly short sessions.

That's probably the last time I'll bother doing an assassination mission now.

I had taken a couple planetary scan missions for different systems, and after getting the first scan I noticed that the mission waypoint was still at the location I had just completed...it had "completed" a scan mission that I had in another system and I had to re-do the one that I had actually just done.
Also, when I landed, the HUD on my Python got all wonky and seemed to cut off the bottom half of the screen. After taking off, leaving the planet, and returning to the surface, it was back to normal once again.

Just a few issues that presented themselves while enjoying my time exploring the game I've learned to love to play!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom