Consolidated Grind

With so much of Elite consisting of thinly veiled or obvious grind I'm wondering how much of it can be shared across dinosaur park evolution goldblum world as there is more than enough grind to cover both games.

In upcoming dinosaur world we can grind to elite in entertainment, science and security or all 3. Unlock 30 dinosaurs (ships) through RNG material acquisition.

At this point why not create a revolution in the gaming industry... Let's call it "cross grind".

We can be in our SRV shooting a rock and along with iron, sulphur and all the other waste of time materials that drop out of mesosiderites or rare metallic meteorites we also get a DNA blueprint that lets us build a new dinosaur and gets us to elite rank quicker with Jeff Goldblum...

A disaster could strike the park and we have to cordon off the dinosaurs and repair the fence. That could rank us up in the imperial military faster in "Space Grind" towards unlocking the velociraptor... err I mean imperial courier.

Unlocking dinosaurs, taking photographs for points, RNG archaeology... I see exactly where that is going.

What's my point. More gameplay, less grind please across the board. Thanks.

David Braben, CEO of Frontier and long time space-man, had this to say in an official statement:

"We have an amazing player community. The average play time among our 1.4 million players is 60 hours – that’s a massive 84 million player hours and counting. With the community’s feedback, we’re constantly making Elite Dangerous better than ever. We have incredible long-term ambition and we will continue to deliver on those ambitions. We will detail more exciting developments for Horizons very soon."

Stop asking questions and stick to the execution of the workplan.

Hmmmm..... I think you could have a fun concept if thought out a bit more. No grinding though. The sooner devs end that crap the better off gaming will I’ll be.

What's my point. More gameplay, less grind please across the board. Thanks.

Grind is gameplay. It must be. I keep playing the game... hours upon hours, days upon days, weeks upon weeks. More gameplay would surely mean more grind?

Surely the big question is - if there was no grind - would I play the game at all?

Grind is gameplay. It must be. I keep playing the game... hours upon hours, days upon days, weeks upon weeks. More gameplay would surely mean more grind?

Surely the big question is - if there was no grind - would I play the game at all?

If it was more fun and less grindy, I'm guessing that you would.

Oh hell, I thought this thread was about a company called Consolidated Grind and whether it should be made as an LLC or filed as "Incorporated".

I thought it was about coffee...

c020491f9dee7ebdb69d12b3b810923a--yacht-club-tin-cans.jpg

Last edited:

Rafe Zetter

Banned
A company?

Nope sounds more like the "slightly more progressive than soft rock, but we are too old for metal" band formed by 3 accountants and "the slightly dodgy lawyer from down the hall but we need him coz he can sort of play the drums" in their late 40's in a desperate attempt to catch up with thier teen dreams to be in a "rock band".

And nowhere near as cool any my teen fantasy "goth rock" band name - lol I even designed the cover of the first album that never got made.

Last edited:
Top Bottom