Interstellar Factors - How to find?

The rule is, as far as I'm aware: Anarchy systems/stations always WILL have Interstellar Factors. Low security low population stations (mostly outposts) *may* have interstellar factors. The GalMap by itself is not always accurate. I don't think it will give you false positives but it will give you false negatives, so you may end up traveling further than you need to.

Galmap shows you IF where you have been earlier.

I guess having a second PC is out of the question?
Cheap Linux laptop with links to Inara, EDDB etc.
Inara is the Princess I truly serve.

Second monitor does it for me...

Second rig would completely avoid risk of rebuy due to window focus, and is ostentatiously cool. I tried to run INARA and such on a netbook I have lazing about which used to be for IRC in other games for the very reason of avoiding masses of alt-tab or window refocusing (some games are not pleased with losing attention), but it's not a very smart netbook outside of text-chat processing. I could probably make french fries out of it though.

I just filter for low security. I disregard systems that I don't have a map for and drill down on mapped systems. Just highlight each station until you find one with an IF. Takes me approximately thirty to sixty seconds to find what I'm looking for.

Got a 800cr bounty for stray shots and now stuck with an 800cr bounty.

I've gone to galaxy map; Selected Services; Then Selected Interstellar Factor only, and I do get some green dots.

How-ever, each one I check does not have any IF mentioned in any of the station info.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also I need a large pad, can I specify that?

<o

Filter the galaxy map by security low and anarchy, push the population slider up about half way if you want a large pad.

Second rig would completely avoid risk of rebuy due to window focus, and is ostentatiously cool. I tried to run INARA and such on a netbook I have lazing about which used to be for IRC in other games for the very reason of avoiding masses of alt-tab or window refocusing (some games are not pleased with losing attention), but it's not a very smart netbook outside of text-chat processing. I could probably make french fries out of it though.
I went to the local PC recycler and bought enough bits and pieces to refill an old box I have: Installed Linux Mint: Hooked it up to a reasonable old monitor I had and voila!
(It also plays pretty good Video on my TV; Old AMD 5700 HD GPU in it).
All for under $150.00 CDN.

For those of you who have two pcs on your desk for the game and have two monitors (one for each) instead of having to contend with two kb's and mice, try "Mouse without boarders" its a Microsoft product and free, once set up you can use both pcs with one mouse and kb as if they are one machine, with out the faf of a kvm or a desk full of keyboards. It can support upto 4 machines so potentialy 8 screens.

Been using it for a while on my set up, no mouse focus issues as you have to go to the other screen before the fucus switches.

I use it on an old pc that runs win7, but I belive it works on anything north of windows xp. No lag on my gaming rig at all, as all the web browsings done on the old Pc.

Last edited:
If you have your Inara account linked to your log file...you don't even need to type your current system location in since it reads your location direct, in real time and automatically lists the locations. Not only IF's...but tech brokers by type, nearest, system and station, a complete list of materials for engineer and tech broker blueprints by module, type including special effects, a list of Engineers and exactly what they do and don't do and many, many other useful functions.

You're quite correct, Sleut...Inara is great...I'd go so far as to suggest it's almost indispensable as a complete E-D tool set :)

Sorry to necro this thread, but how do you link your log file to the INARA database? That sounds incredibly useful; I have signed up to INARA but I can't find how to link it like that.

Any spoilers on that method would be greatly appreciated :)

Sorry to necro this thread, but how do you link your log file to the INARA database? That sounds incredibly useful; I have signed up to INARA but I can't find how to link it like that.

Any spoilers on that method would be greatly appreciated :)
Use ED market connector, it is a nice little tool that can even more than that.

Top Bottom