Date: Sunday 20/05/3304
Launch Time: 16:00 UTC (in-game time)
Starting System: Sol - Mars High
Non Permit Holder System: Wolf 359 - Lomas Orbiter
Tour Timeframe - 5 to 7 hours

Platforms: PC, PS4, XBox
Game Mode: Private Group

Summary
We would like to invite all CMDR on each of the three main platforms, PS4, Pc and Xbox, on a guided excursion to each of the known Generation Ships.

At this time there are nine known Generation Ships, all within 300ly of Sol from whence they set out. Each ship has five datapoints that give a narrative on the fate of the ship. We aim to spend c.20-25 minutes in the space around each ship scanning and listening to the audio logs before moving on.

Four of the generation ships are located by heading in the direction of a particular system. Some orbit planets or are near stars so are easier to find. Four others will require more specific navigation to locate in-system.

A brief history of Generation Ships and the ‘Missing’
Starships; the dreams of legends long past and futures unrealised. Generation Ships were the only means by which humanity could reach out beyond its nursery of Sol in the days before the advent of faster than light propulsion. These ships carried everything they needed to sustain a viable population over many, many generations. Their short-lived human inhabitants clung to the hope that they would eventually reach a destination where their descendants could disembark. These were journeys of hope, but sadly it was not only their originators that often would not see journey’s end as we shall learn.

It is estimated that approximately 70,000 Generation Ships were launched during those early hopeful decades. Some faired better than others, but all drifted toward one of two possible fates; destination or destruction. Several colony founding documents reveal that many of the ships arrived at their intended destinations, but many more did not. The people of these lost ships are known as the ‘Missing’. Those ships and their inhabitants are lost to space, to time, and from the record; they drift in the blackness en route to some distant star, perhaps abandoned, perhaps crippled, perhaps worse. Only nine of these lost ships have so far been found.

The souls of this half forgotten past await remembrance. They await us.

We propose to visit each of the nine known Generation Ships as follows:

image.png

As noted above, not all the ships are found in the same way. Four of them are located by heading in the direction of a particular system. Some are in planetary orbit or are near to stars so are easier to find. Four others will require more specific navigation to locate in-system.

We suggest that small or medium ships with >30ly jump ranges are used for the tour. This will reduce the jump load between Generation Ship systems and will make it easier for multiple CMDRs to reach and scan the logs at the same time. Fuel scoops are also recommended.

Proposed Route (by system):
Sol
Charick Drift
Nefertem
Kitae
Lalande 2966
Alaunus
mu cassiopeia
Ross 859
Virudnir
Hez Ur

Practicalities
The tour will utilise the Paradox Wing Discord server https://discord.gg/sbuQJRx for instruction, comms and chat. CMDRs will be able to self assign their platform role and the role ‘FuturesPast’ in the #bot channel using the command !join FuturesPast. This will reveal the event’s chat and voice channels. If you are unfamiliar with Discord, don’t worry, a member of the admin team will be monitoring all new joiners and will be available to assist.

Private groups
We propose to hold the tour in Open, but there will be PGs available for each platform should this prove necessary. Details will be available in the Discord.

Further details on the Generation Ships can be found on the Canonn website: https://canonn.science/codex/generation-ships/

We’re looking forward to seeing you out there!

CMDR The-DemonWolf
CMDR Allcrowsareblack

Last edited:
Can datapoints be scanned from an SLF? I have never tried it.

I’m not sure. I’m going to say no, unless you have a data scanner on the fighter;Which I’ve never checked so I can not be sure. All targets will be at the 200m range. you can use a large ship, it will just take some wiggles and a shield to get in close enough. There will be many players so you may have to wait a bit for access to the terminal without hitting small and med ships around it.

I’m not sure. I’m going to say no, unless you have a data scanner on the fighter;Which I’ve never checked so I can not be sure. All targets will be at the 200m range. you can use a large ship, it will just take some wiggles and a shield to get in close enough. There will be many players so you may have to wait a bit for access to the terminal without hitting small and med ships around it.

Thanks. I think I’ll test it with an SLF when I have the time.

I hope to take part in this, I've never visited a generation ship before. Though I may fall behind on the route as my DBEX is a bit of a fuel guzzler and need to refuel frequently.

Top Bottom