Engineers Click here to find your nearest R/E/M Material Trader

Having trouble finding the right Tradesman for the job?
The Galaxy Map search not working as expected?
Then fret no more because here are three EDDB links to find those closest to you. All you need to do it input your location as the reference system.

Hope this helps those frustrated modders out there in the black.

+1, I've been looking for cracked industrial firmware for 2 hours. These new wing missions have messed up the boards, I don't know why they can't only appear when you're in a wing :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Then fret no more because here are three EDDB links to find those closest to you. All you need to do it input your location as the reference system.

This is great except the links are all switched around. The raw link takes you to manufactured, etc. I fugured I must have been mistaken (when I discovered this a couple months ago), so I came back and used it again today, and sure enough, it sent me to the wrong place again. :p

Last edited:

Deleted member 94277

D

The filters used do not point to correct material traders. It points to Patterson Enterprise in Sirius for both raw and manufactured, but there's only a manufactured trader there.

INARA is still the most precise and updated method for finding specific material traders. This post is misleading and should be changed so to not confuse and frustate people.

This does help out much.
I clicked on raw trader. Imputed my location. And it sent me to a manufactured trader instead... and looking for manganese seems to be a b word to find!!!

Like for real the game devs need to smarten the f up and learn that this highly important stuff needs a revamp.

The filters used do not point to correct material traders. It points to Patterson Enterprise in Sirius for both raw and manufactured, but there's only a manufactured trader there.
Yep. The reason for this is that the type of a material trader (in the bubble - different rules in Colonia) is based on the primary economy of the station, but the EDDB searches linked there will search for primary or secondary economy. Most Industrial and High-Tech primary economies have either Extraction or Refinery as a secondary, so searching this way isn't valid. (Conversely, the search leaves out Refinery economies, so will miss the actual Raw material traders in those systems)

Inara and EDSM do proper searches with only primary economy, or you can use the map filters in-game - filter by economy, and set the population filters to 1-22 million, and you should find a system with one pretty quickly.

and looking for manganese seems to be a b word to find
Look for a landable planet with Manganese in its material list, drive around shooting at rocks for a bit, you should get a lot of manganese very quickly. Or go laser-mining around a planet with Manganese in its material list for a more automated approach which will also make you a bit of credits from the mined commodities you get.

If you're finding Manganese difficult, the rest are going to be extremely tough.

Like for real the game devs need to smarten the f up and learn that this highly important stuff needs a revamp.
A badly-constructed search misusing a 3rd-party tool is nothing to do with the devs.

I've been having tons of problems finding these rare Material Traders. Seems only a limited percentage of certain types of systems with strict population limits will have them. I think I spent about 4 hours jumping from system to system trying to find a Manufactured Material Trader before finding this thread and it's awesome link. Thanks to Para Handy for that.

This whole material trading business in order to do engineering is frustrating beyond my patience. I need one stupid item under Manufactured Materials. But it is so bleeding rare it will take thousands of other items traded around in order to get it. But to get those items I need to spend tons of time flying around looking for salvage and hoping I find enough of the right items. There should be a way to purchase needed materials. The system would be great for new players or new characters who don't have lots of money, but once you hit 10 mill you should be able to buy things.

This is massively outdated, went to three separate hubs for Raw Materials Trader and they're not manufacturer traders.

This is massively outdated, went to three separate hubs for Raw Materials Trader and they're not manufacturer traders.

It isn't outdated, you are just misunderstanding the situation.

Raw materials traders are different from manufactured materials traders - i.e. if a station has one type, it won't have another type.

Use the INARA page, you won't get confused as to which station has which type using that:

Yes yes this is all well and good.
And thanks to all the third party sites for putting this stuff together.
But this should really be in game for f sake devs!!!

It isn't outdated, you are just misunderstanding the situation.

Raw materials traders are different from manufactured materials traders - i.e. if a station has one type, it won't have another type.

Use the INARA page, you won't get confused as to which station has which type using that:

No, I mean I genuinely clicked on the "Raw Materials" page in order to find an extraction station, but I went to 3 or 4 separate ones and they were all manufactured traders.

I think they were changed and they haven't been updated - I'll check Inara from now on though and thanks for showing me the tool, didn't see it before :)

No, I mean I genuinely clicked on the "Raw Materials" page in order to find an extraction station, but I went to 3 or 4 separate ones and they were all manufactured traders.

I think they were changed and they haven't been updated - I'll check Inara from now on though and thanks for showing me the tool, didn't see it before :)

I think your issue is that many places have multiple economies so if you use the EDDB links that the OP uses then though you might see an extraction economy (raw material trader) the actual determining economy of the station might be industrial (manufactured mats trader) as you found. That is why I use the INARA page.

The ingame search for material traders depends on whether you've discovered them or not. So for example my home system has it's own raw mats vendor for which I'm forever grateful. And 2 neighbouring systems have the other 2 vendor types which I had to fly too to unlock them as such. This applys to the bubble as a whole and I'm guessing colonia as well.
I've crisscrossed the bubble 1000s of times seeking hses running errands or missions hauling etc. And it's this process that has unlocked dozens of material vendors and tech vendors alike. So the game doesn't make it easy. Technically ingame you would not find a vendor till you'd explored that system. Inara is a workaround but not perfect.
That's my take on it.

The ingame search for material traders depends on whether you've discovered them or not. So for example my home system has it's own raw mats vendor for which I'm forever grateful. And 2 neighbouring systems have the other 2 vendor types which I had to fly too to unlock them as such. This applys to the bubble as a whole and I'm guessing colonia as well.
I've crisscrossed the bubble 1000s of times seeking hses running errands or missions hauling etc. And it's this process that has unlocked dozens of material vendors and tech vendors alike. So the game doesn't make it easy. Technically ingame you would not find a vendor till you'd explored that system. Inara is a workaround but not perfect.
That's my take on it.
It always baffles me that it has something to do with distance. I can't see the blue dots even if I know about them. So I have to make tabs for them :(

Top Bottom