Community Event / Creation BRC/TWH present: Hermaszewski Celebration Race

reasons for just selecting a destination?

... in other words, where people have put that in their list of bookmarks what they mean is "select that as the destination for my next jump" rather than "plot a route to that destination" (since the former will be a single jump while that latter will be 2 jumps).

Thanks to rootsrat, drakhyr and all the other people who made this happen!
Congrats to furrycat, Arnul, Aken and Bruski and really everybody who made a run! This event has been great fun and it's nice to see so many new faces giving racing a try :)
Hopefully see you all at the next one, fly fast, CMDRs O7

Your jump range is dependent on - among other factors - the mass of the ship including the mass of fuel carried. As long as you have at least the max fuel per jump amount listed in outfitting for your FSD, the less fuel you have, the further you can jump.

The route planner always assumes you have a full fuel tank and plots for your worst case range. That means it won't plan a route you might end up too heavy to make - which would be a bummer - but it also means it won't give you a jump that you could make if you burned some fuel previously.

Sometimes that means that it will give you two jumps to a destination that you could make in one. By selecting the destination manually you can do the direct jump and save time.

Furthermore, it's sometimes really obvious what's happening. You'll see a long hop to a system close to where you want to go and then a really short one. It's a good idea to check if you can go direct when you see that. At other times you'll need racer's intuition to realise that you can save some time.

Advanced maintenance.

... in other words, where people have put that in their list of bookmarks what they mean is "select that as the destination for my next jump" rather than "plot a route to that destination" (since the former will be a single jump while that latter will be 2 jumps).

Cheers guys, will try and remember this for the next one. :)

Congrats everyone. Another post race analysis where I've learned a lot without racing (been away with work). When I do race next I'll have to try some route planning...

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Apologies for a necro, but today is the 40th anniversary of Hermaszewski's trip into space. I'm celebrating! I am actually planning to re-run the race tonight, provided the servers will be back online and my game upgrades without any issues :)

I'll be setting off at 21:00 GMT (game time) from Ugraswar - Hermaszewski Ring if anybody cares to join me :)

I'll do my best to be there, as I missed the original race.

I've a couple more details to check for the Black Riband II (which will finally launch on Saturday! :)) so I'm planning to be playing tonight anyway. :cool:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I did it!

Time: 41:31, but my DBE was configured for mega ship looting, so not necessarily the best build for a buckyball, plus I wasn't really focusing on getting the best time :)

It feels good to come back and fly this race again :)

I did it!

Time: 41:31, but my DBE was configured for mega ship looting, so not necessarily the best build for a buckyball, plus I wasn't really focusing on getting the best time :)

It feels good to come back and fly this race again :)

Bravo. Sadly I was in a pub watching England lose at football.

Dang! Missed it. :(

Always not at home at the wrong times...even if I were anyway, my evening would have been well over before that 1.8 GB download of yesterday...shame shame shame, I liked this one very much!

Here's the relevant message from the Russian astronauts :)

https://www.facebook.com/142941459104683/videos/1761708093894670/

Eh, I'll gladly take your word for it! :D

Bravo. Sadly I was in a pub watching England lose at football.

At least you had a team to watch lose at football! :p

Top Bottom