Rare Commodities List!

Ah, I was there some time ago but the station didn't had a commodity market (it's still without market at EDDB or EDSM). Seems like you don't have any tool running which does send to EDDN?

I've flown to Larbalestier with EDMC running and the commodities market now appears connectly on EDDB. :)

To quote a recent meme, "Jesus that's a lot of rare commodities..."

Not that I object. Quite the opposite. Many systems really should have their own "specialty" items. Martian blancmange, for instance.

Given the number of stations out there, it is a good heap. Hundreds of systems with multiple stations in many means potentially thousands of systems. .2% with rares means that, indeed, there would be mere dozens, but that is still significantly more than I have been able to locate on my own.

Given the number of stations out there, it is a good heap. Hundreds of systems with multiple stations in many means potentially thousands of systems. .2% with rares means that, indeed, there would be mere dozens, but that is still significantly more than I have been able to locate on my own.
If you are trying to find rare goods using purely in-game resources. Some of the engineers want them, and tell you where to find them. I've seen several rare goods referenced in the backstories of NPC crewmembers. Otherwise, look out for rare goods CGs. One last year listed all the legal ones, so you could have used that to track down most.

I wish that we as players could have a rares storage option. Even if it was only able to hold one of each type, it would give me a reason to go out of my comfort zone, see more of the galaxy and try to collect them all.

I wish that we as players could have a rares storage option. Even if it was only able to hold one of each type, it would give me a reason to go out of my comfort zone, see more of the galaxy and try to collect them all.
I have wanted this ability since I first started trading rare goods.

It's probably the only thing that would get me to go out to Colonia. I'd also go looking for all the new salvage items that have been added to the game.

I think the best way to achieve this would be to have CMDR owned bases. Somewhere to collect a few trophies, etc. Even a rented apartment in a station would do.

Excellent news to come back to after a brief holiday! I've added the Silk to my extracts/route.

I got price 823 and allocation of 30 from your screenshot. Do you remember if the system was in boom, or does anyone have the info on normal/boom allocation yet please?
I'm 99% percent sure that for my visit to Larbalestier Dock around midnight on the 07-JUL, Tiegfries Free were not in Boom. This is backed up by Inara, which has logged Tiegfries Free's state at the same time as my visit.

So it looks like 30 tons is the normal spawn. Sorry, I should have posted more details at the time and then I'd have been 100% sure, but I was pretty tired. ;)

I do know though that :
  • The boom spawn for Platinum Alloy is 20 tons.
  • The boom spawn for Helvetitj Pearls is 12 tons.
  • The normal spawn for Lavian Brandy is now 12 tons, not 7 tons.
  • The normal spawn for Burnham Bile Distillate is now 20 tons, not 16 tons.
  • Orrerian Vicious Brew is "legal in all systems," - since all rare descriptions now tell you where they are legal, and the information appears to be correct, at least as far as matching my research for the Black Riband race.

I'm 99% percent sure that for my visit to Larbalestier Dock around midnight on the 07-JUL, Tiegfries Free were not in Boom. This is backed up by Inara, which has logged Tiegfries Free's state at the same time as my visit.

So it looks like 30 tons is the normal spawn. Sorry, I should have posted more details at the time and then I'd have been 100% sure, but I was pretty tired. ;)

I do know though that :
  • The boom spawn for Platinum Alloy is 20 tons.
  • The boom spawn for Helvetitj Pearls is 12 tons.
  • The normal spawn for Lavian Brandy is now 12 tons, not 7 tons.
  • The normal spawn for Burnham Bile Distillate is now 20 tons, not 16 tons.
  • Orrerian Vicious Brew is "legal in all systems," - since all rare descriptions now tell you where they are legal, and the information appears to be correct, at least as far as matching my research for the Black Riband race.

Thanks - above changes completed

I can confirm this. Their state was "None" when I went there.

I checked a few more boom spawns (including some of the big SC ones) last night to distract myself from England's World Cup exit:
  • Void Extract Coffee: 36 tons
  • Saxon Wine: 20 tons
  • Hip Proto-Squid: 21 tons
  • Eleu Thermals: 20 tons
  • Wulpa Hyperbore Systems: 15 tons
  • Cherbones Blood Crystals: 48 tons
  • Nguna Modern Antiques: 27 tons

That Cherbones Blood Crystals one is bound to upset a few people during some future rares CG, when they make the long SC journey only to find that the boom has ended and the supply's down to 3 tons (or less if a conflict started):

"20 minutes in supercruise for 3 lousy tons - why do FD ruin every CG?!!!" [yesnod]

Last edited:
I've amended my route generator so now the routes for booming rares will show the boom allocation where we have them. Where we don't yet have the boom amount I use ">nn" where nn is the standard allocation.

For example the first 7 entries of todays route are...

1 Aegaeon [Federation - Corporate - Agriculture], cruise 3mins/10766ls to Schweickart Station (L) buy 21 Chateau De Aegaeon, next -> 45.70LY to Neritus (Toll Ring)
2 Neritus [Federation - Corporate - Military], cruise 2mins/524ls to Toll Ring (M) buy >13 Neritus Berries, next -> 101.54LY to Belalans (Boscovich Ring)
3 Belalans [Empire - Corporate - Agriculture], cruise 2mins/78ls to Boscovich Ring (L) buy 17 Belalans Ray Leather, next -> 99.85LY to Jotun PERMIT (Icelock)
4 Jotun PERMIT [Federation - Democracy - Agriculture], cruise 2mins/80ls to Icelock (L,BM) buy 48 Jotun Mookah, next -> 90.54LY to Utgaroar (Fort Klarix)
5 Utgaroar [Independent - Anarchy - Agriculture], cruise 2mins/168ls to Fort Klarix (L,BM) buy 23 Utgaroar Millennial Eggs, next -> 102.46LY to Harma (Gabriel Enterprise)
6 Harma [Independent - Dictatorship - Industrial], cruise 2mins/259ls to Gabriel Enterprise (L,BM) buy 60 Harma Silver Sea Rum, next -> 103.91LY to Xihe (Zhen Dock)
7 Xihe [Federation - Corporate - High Tech], cruise 2mins/1956ls to Zhen Dock (L,BM) buy 40 Xihe Biomorphic Companions, next -> 31.61LY to Tiolce (Gordon Terminal)

...you will see the 2nd entry for Neritus Berries says >13, the others show known boom amounts.

Rares info & routes here

I checked a few more boom spawns (including some of the big SC ones) last night to distract myself from England's World Cup exit:
  • Void Extract Coffee: 36 tons
  • Saxon Wine: 20 tons
  • Hip Proto-Squid: 21 tons
  • Eleu Thermals: 20 tons
  • Wulpa Hyperbore Systems: 15 tons
  • Cherbones Blood Crystals: 48 tons
  • Nguna Modern Antiques: 27 tons

That Cherbones Blood Crystals one is bound to upset a few people during some future rares CG, when they make the long SC journey only to find that the boom has ended and the supply's down to 3 tons (or less if a conflict started):

"20 minutes in supercruise for 3 lousy tons - why do FD ruin every CG?!!!" [yesnod]

Above changes all completed - Have some virtual rep for now :D

Entry on first post:
Kamitra - Hammel Terminal - Kamitra Cigars - 6218cr - Max Allocation 6t

Currently as of 13/08/2018:
Kamitra - Hammel Terminal - Kamitra Cigars - 6374cr - Max Allocation 45t

Entry on first post:
Kamitra - Hammel Terminal - Kamitra Cigars - 6218cr - Max Allocation 6t

Currently as of 13/08/2018:
Kamitra - Hammel Terminal - Kamitra Cigars - 6374cr - Max Allocation 45t

Both the price rise (I think) and the increased allocation (definitely) are because you visited Kamitra when the station controlling faction are in boom.

Top Bottom