Ships Diamondback Explorer Owners Club

I've been crunching the numbers and with the new FSD max boost the DBX should be able to get close to 65ly jump range with a useful exploration fit. That puts it in the top tier of exploration ships, and with it's price, makes it on par or better than both the AspX and the Anaconda. Sure it doesn't have the space for 2 AFMUs, a few limpet controllers and 15 SRVs, but it gets er done and is a joy to fly. I cant wait to get back to the bubble and take mine to the engineers.

I tested the Dolphin, but I somehow didn't enjoy flying that ship, so I flew back to the Bubble to hop in my most favourite ship, the Heart of Eternity:

PBuPnO7.jpg
ZbUuP3o.jpg

I've been crunching the numbers and with the new FSD max boost the DBX should be able to get close to 65ly jump range with a useful exploration fit. That puts it in the top tier of exploration ships, and with it's price, makes it on par or better than both the AspX and the Anaconda. Sure it doesn't have the space for 2 AFMUs, a few limpet controllers and 15 SRVs, but it gets er done and is a joy to fly. I cant wait to get back to the bubble and take mine to the engineers.

I don't know how you are getting 65lys. The best I could get in the beta was 61.8lys, and that was with all modules fully engineered, while carrying a ADS, DSS, one SRV, 3D sheild, 4A scoop, and an AFMU, also with a half sized 16T tank.

Must admit I bought one of these things last night have to say I actually think after 4 years the ASP is finally getting retired for exploring, managed with some slight engineering to get it to go 58ly per jump and when I finally unlock a couple more engineers that should be 60ly. It's a fun little ship.

It's my go to fighter vessel until the chieftain is released then I will turn it into a exploration vessel as the name says. So once this cg is done I will get some meta alloys and start gather materials to upgrade the FSDs on all my ships really. Of course I might need to get some work done on the dbxs power plant too. I will never ever sell my dbx.

Last edited:
Rebuilt my DBX this week, and fully re-engineered her for range and heat control. She flies 55Ly a jump, and cruises with shields on at 16% heat. There are a few more things that can be tweaked - but I'm happy with her now.
Her initial test flights were all smuggling runs - she's really hard to spot.

Her job is to do fast deploy out of the bubble, and start emergency evac, wherever a station gets attacked. She's a deep-space first responder named Rescuecat, and her ability to take the heat is extraordinary.

I built this to run rares and other small loads of cargo .... and to ferry me around the bubble.

Gives me 55 lyr jumps and 28t of cargo, plus 4B fuel scoop

ycwG8YL.jpg

Grabbed myself another DBX. Midnight black. General duties and some Killin' with the build still pull in over 50ly jump fully loaded!?!?! Love the new engineer system!

Rejiggered the build on Rescuecat and now she's cruising at 10-11% heat with shields on.

I've submitted to interdictions twice today, and they can't find her.

Don't need silent running. It's the default state.

Started a lucrative career of toting around the Pinochets and Manson Cultists of the galaxy, for eyegouging amounts of credits. So far- zero attempts to scan the ship they can't detect on their scanners.

I love the heck out of the DBX. Might buy another just to see how it can fight.

Rejiggered the build on Rescuecat and now she's cruising at 10-11% heat with shields on.

I've submitted to interdictions twice today, and they can't find her.

Don't need silent running. It's the default state.

Started a lucrative career of toting around the Pinochets and Manson Cultists of the galaxy, for eyegouging amounts of credits. So far- zero attempts to scan the ship they can't detect on their scanners.

I love the heck out of the DBX. Might buy another just to see how it can fight.

any chance you could post a EDSY or Coriolis link for your build? I'd love to see how you got the ship running so cool

Bought one a few days ago and I must say that I was REALLY bothered by the cockpit (looks like it was made with scrap metal and lack of cable management, seriously Lakon), but after a day or two zipping around systems I started to not mind at all. In fact, I started to enjoy the whole experience. Guess I'm joining the club?

Last edited:
I traded my AspX in for the DBX. I'll be flying this around to various engineers getting it up to spec for the next expedition. I'll try to get a screenshot later tonight.

I bought my DBX originally just to make the money I needed to buy my AspX, after flying both ships I now have my AspX gathering dust in a hangar while flying around the Pleiades in my DBX.
It can land on any unlikely outcrop, even on a hill, when fitted with dual beam lasers (Which I'm collecting mats to engineer, not for heat reduction, but just to draw less juice!) and a large MC it can blow most ships my size or smaller away, and if it can't I can just go Red October and high wake out of there.
Thargoids? I scan them for data, and if they get miffed at me, they can't even see me! I'm honestly thinking of grabbing a research limpet controller and farming them for mats, megaship hacking style.

I love this ship unengineered, I have probably made more money using it than any of my previous ships, and once I get back to the bubble I'll engineer it until it's even better.
Definitely favourite ship/game, sorry Cobra mkIII, I've found someone that understands me better than you ever will.

I bought a DB-X yesterday, I have no engineering on it and haven't finished A rating it, yet - still trawling round buying the bits - but my initial flight experience and this thread have already persuaded me to sell my Asp-X. I simply don't need both, have too much money tied up in the Asp-X to justify keeping it, and frankly the manoeuvrability/ease of landing of the DB-X makes me simply prefer it. For me, it's a better explorer for less money. What's not to like?!

I love my DBX, she is my favorite ship. I've no desire at all for the other explorer.

Even though my DBX is A-rated with everything I do have on her (no hardpoints), she is engineered and still gets over 50ly jump range. Yes, I could get over 60 if I went D-rated on most things, but I like her just the way she is. She's like an old, familiar truck, the one you just won't give up because it's been so reliable and was better built than the modern contraptions of the present day. She still purrs to me, even with all her shakes and rattles. There is no other ship I want for "going the distance."

Top Bottom