News New Player Minor Faction System

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

We’re pleased to announce that, starting today, we’re implementing a new and revamped application system for Player Minor Factions.

In re-working the original system for applying for a player minor faction, we are now able to process player minor faction applications with more efficiency and speed. Ultimately, this means that you’ll see your minor factions in-game sooner than before!

Read below for more information:

Why have a minor faction in Elite Dangerous?

A player minor faction is a way for established Player Groups to represent themselves in-game, pushing the agenda of their groups throughout the galaxy.

Once you have submitted a player minor faction, and have it approved by us at Frontier, your player minor faction will show up in one of the three selected systems of your choosing. Your minor faction’s description will show up in a future update of Elite Dangerous.

You will have to manage your minor faction's economy, influence, and other galactic threats! Take part in various actions: combat, performing missions, selling exploration data and so on; other Commanders will be able work with or against your minor faction and therefore, your minor faction will be subject to the actions and functions of the Background Simulation (BGS).

I applied for a minor faction before the introduction of this system…

If you have previously submitted a player minor faction application with the older form, then you will have an update on the status of that application in the coming days. It will either be approved, or rejected, and depending you will need to do the following:

…it was approved and added to the game:

You don’t need to do anything; your minor faction is in the game! This system is for new player minor factions only!

…And it was rejected:

You will need to resubmit your player minor faction application with the new system below.

Apply for a player minor faction today!

Before applying for a player minor faction, please ensure you’ve notified us of your Player Group, which you can do by filling out the form here.

To apply for a player minor faction, please click here.

If you want to follow up on any future player minor faction applications, please contact Customer Support here (please allow for 72 hours after submitting your faction application before contacting Customer Support.)

If you have any questions or feedback about the new system, please reply in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anywhere we can apply to have the Alvin Bobblehead finally put in game as so many Devs and players have requested? Space legs can wait... this is a must have... It's easy...

Create Bobblehead from meshes from the Animal thingy created a few years ago.
Base skins on countless photos taken of said pooch....
Add to Store
Sell with proceeds going to Special Effect and Hearing Dogs (who have just celebrated their 35th Anniversary)...

Go on.. you know you want to... What's not to like? ;)

A bit shouty there fella... Take some Valium to calm your nerves.

It was a bit loud, but I do agree that some PMF should go and there should be some resrictions on the names. Basically they should make sense within the lore of the game.

No German Wargames faction that I can see in Lugh everytime I want to take some missions. They need to be lore appropriate in my view.

It was a bit loud, but I do agree that some PMF should go and there should be some resrictions on the names. Basically they should make sense within the lore of the game.

No German Wargames faction that I can see in Lugh everytime I want to take some missions. They need to be lore appropriate in my view.

I get that and agree to a certain extent. The faction I co-founded (you may have heard of it) came up against another PMF in Sirius and despite our best efforts to contact the faction 'owner' got no responses. Being the decent people that we are we left it alone and set our sights elsewhere...

PS. Regarding Lore... in some ways it is up to us to create Lore. Our faction has done that on a number of occasions

Well, as usual, nothing new.
You just "create" a new faction, and you're still not really in, can't manage something, they just want to see you grind.

It's just a RP forum "imagination". Nothing more. Frontier can you do your job instead of making "Board RP", the number of players are still going down.

We want CREATE INGAME faction, we want MANAGE troops ingame, we want make IN GAME CHOICE.
Not just that, and grinding. .

I agree that PMFs who are dormant/abandoned should be purged, giving space for new PMFs to be created on systems which were occupied by those. But then I think a longer period should be used, something like 3 months of no action? BYE BYE!

The first application my PMF sent last year was rejected because there was a PMF in the system. But that PMF was already dead for months... and it still is.

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
PS. Regarding Lore... in some ways it is up to us to create Lore. Our faction has done that on a number of occasions

Lord Braben Almighty, Snos on the forums! :O :D

Hi!

You just "create" a new faction, and you're still not really in, can't manage something, they just want to see you grind.

It's just a RP forum "imagination". Nothing more. Frontier can you do your job instead of making "Board RP", the number of players are still going down.

We want CREATE INGAME faction, we want MANAGE troops ingame, we want make IN GAME CHOICE.

Who is this mysterious "we" you speak about?

Some doubts regarding the registration

Greetings, is there a way for me to know if my player group is properly registered? I filled the Groups Submission Form on January, got the email notification that the form was sent, but never knew if we were registered. Later, we never got to fill the PMF form as the systems we selected as base were taken. Currently we are selecting new systems as base, so my follow-up question would be: Should I submit the PMF form and wait for the reject for us to know if our player group is not registered? or the new method adress this in any way?
Thank you for your assistance!

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings, is there a way for me to know if my player group is properly registered? I filled the Groups Submission Form on January, got the email notification that the form was sent, but never knew if we were registered. Later, we never got to fill the PMF form as the systems we selected as base were taken. Currently we are selecting new systems as base, so my follow-up question would be: Should I submit the PMF form and wait for the reject for us to know if our player group is not registered? or the new method adress this in any way?
Thank you for your assistance!

Hello Janos,

I can check that for you - what's the name of your Player Group? :)

Lord Braben Almighty, Snos on the forums! :O :D

Hi!

Who is this mysterious "we" you speak about?

Thargoids
66046961.jpg

Who is this we. I much prefer the way factions and the BGS is myself, which is PvE/PwPvE environment. Use powerplay for that kind of gameplay. It is what it is there for after all. But instead of creating a faction you need to choose one.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom