Engineers The Other Crashed Anacondas

We have a new Anaconda!

Discovered a couple of days ago in 3.1 apparently.

A long way out in HIP 16613. Details in the OP. Mats apparently as Orrere but if any far-flung traveller could confirm, that would be great.

We have a new Anaconda!

Discovered a couple of days ago in 3.1 apparently.

A long way out in HIP 16613. Details in the OP. Mats apparently as Orrere but if any far-flung traveller could confirm, that would be great.

The best, IMHO. 3 cargo racks, Antimony, Tellurium, Ruthenium and 3 data points. Plus the crashed SRV in the direction of the mountain with another data point and 2 manufactured materials near it. Easy to spot from the distance because of the green mist.

Very accesible location, good light... Just an annoying Thargoid in most instances doing its thing.

The best, IMHO. 3 cargo racks, Antimony, Tellurium, Ruthenium and 3 data points. Plus the crashed SRV in the direction of the mountain with another data point and 2 manufactured materials near it. Easy to spot from the distance because of the green mist.

Very accesible location, good light... Just an annoying Thargoid in most instances doing its thing.

Good info, TY. Any word on the SRV manufactured mats? There's no known source of respawning g5 manufactured so I guess it's too much to hope that this could be the first...?

No, just the usual G1-G3 and only 2 pieces. Also you have to drive a few minutes to reach the SRV from the Anaconda. But the 3 cargo racks and 3 data points near the crash site are by far the easiest to access. I plan to make a few trips again and fill the 150 x 3, go to a trader and start exchanging for the other grade 4 materials (at 6 to 1 rate) until I'm full.

I've just visited the Orrere Anaconda based on forum and Canonn pointers. The Canonn page says there was a local Herald report some time ago with some backstory, sorry, lore... and a pair of rough coordinates. Now at the local Guin Survey on Orrere 2B and ofc no such news article exists anymore.

I've seen other bits of info which say 'check Herald' before now, but FDev have removed them all, as seems to be because I don't see many anywhere else, so have they just devolved the responsibility of providing the discovery breadcrumbs to the community? Another example of in-game breadcrumbs going missing.

Not really, if one looks very very close. Though most of it has been disinigrated by the force. One can generally find parts of a cobra stuck in the intake and exhaust field. Raming isn't always a good thing when your ship is considerably smaller.

Tell that to my Viper MkIV lol. Dunno why but it near always wins rams :3

The Bug Killer Conda is great, got the same results as dognosh. You also get Thargoids doing Thargoid stuff while you scavenge mats. Thanks for the info on this!

Today I made my first tour of three crashed Anacondas. I was not terribly impressed with Orrere, firstly for falling through the scenery and secondly for getting stuck on the wreckage. HIP 16613 was sparse indeed, no cargo at the ship to pay for the fuel and I only seemed to get one material from each cargo rack - the thargoid was entertaining the first few times. I know it is a 90Kls-odd sc haul out to the wreck in Koli Discii but that seemed the best site all-round for me - plenty of materials, loads of palladium to salvage and a decent pay-out for the settlement's logs.

I didn't go to Leucos and I believe the others have gone or need the tip-off.

So I have bookmarked the Koli Discii planet and recommend that one to anyone new to this.

Thanks to those who went before (now we just need a manufactured G5 "source" to ease our HGE woes). :)

Yep. Koli Discii is my goto. I revisit it whenever I need those raw mats as its so much easier to navigate in an SRV than the rest. Well worth the jumps to get there IMO.

Personal notes:

Though shall not mess with Threat 6 at 16613. There be 4 Thargoids.
If pick T-Link in Threat 6, Thargs will apear and open fire on something else. ???

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...f-Bug-Killer?p=6830415&viewfull=1#post6830415

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/438675-Scanning-data-points-at-the-Bug-Killer-crash-site

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11E05a-hLGyOQ84B9dQUu0Z53ow1Xt-uqJ-xXJmtYq5A/edit#gid=0

EDISON:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HIP 16613 Planet 1 A -11.0097 -95.6749 RADIUS 748

SRV - 4th log, 5 km from Conda heading 285, Medusa and Cyclop at once, :eek:
After picking escape pod near SRV, Medusa will attack ship if grounded.

HIP 16613 - Ruthenium ,Tellurium, Antimony (outcrop - arsenic, molibdenyum)
also Adap Enc Cap , Atyp Enc Arch, MCF, CIF
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Koli Discii - Ruthenium, Tellurium, Antimony, Zirconium, Tungsten
also Class Scan, Unusual Enc, Tagged Enc, Spec legacy, MCF, CIF

Last edited:
I've just been to Koli Discii. Interestingly found a derelict base nearby too.

Picked up a lot of Bertrandite, some beryllium, gold and platinum.

Antimony, Zirconium and Rhenium were the mats.

CMDR Your Latin translates to "Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound" and is not quite correct in its meaning. Not everything in Latin is profound.

Cur id putatis omnibus? (Why does everyone think this?)

Koli Discii is the place to be. Excellent concentrations of t3-t5 raw, reasonably mild driving conditions, plenty of landing space and a data point right next door for encoded farming and a raw mat trader in the very next system over, so you can fill up, trade down, rinse and repeat till full. Screw Orrere.

Which mat traders are nearest for this?
I've been nipping to Diaguandri for the Encoded (5 jumps for me).
Drop rate for the Adaptive Encryptors is fantastic.

NB: Anyone wanting manufactured mats, Robigo Criminal Vacations is pretty good, and there's a trader nearby.

Top Bottom