Engineers The Other Crashed Anacondas

So, what you are saying there is a fundamental design flaw in the Aanconda which makes them prone to crashing?

Not really, if one looks very very close. Though most of it has been disinigrated by the force. One can generally find parts of a cobra stuck in the intake and exhaust field. Raming isn't always a good thing when your ship is considerably smaller.

A new Anaconda has been reported courtesy of Cmdr TheDenks, co-ordinates:

Ceti Sector RD-T b3-2 1

Distance to Sol: 170.02 Ly
Supercruise: 91 Ls
Gravity: 0.17 G

Materials drop to be confirmed.

Thank you, Cmdr TheDenks, o7!

Hmm I thought 'Tip Off's' required the notification to be in one's own mailbox to be useful. Would be interested to know if this is a permanent PoI. Anyone else checked this out ?

Hmm I thought 'Tip Off's' required the notification to be in one's own mailbox to be useful. Would be interested to know if this is a permanent PoI. Anyone else checked this out ?

Ahh ... OK. Not yet, and if ('if') it's there for anyone it would be useful to confirm mats also. I will try to head over but if anyone can beat me to it, please do, as I'm currently writing up a new entry in my "Truesilver's Tests" series, about something unrelated.

There is NO crashed ship at these
Ceti Sector RD-T b3-2 1

cordinates!Im already there!
My theory is that reciver of the tip,should visit the place first!

Last edited:
There is NO crashed ship at these
Ceti Sector RD-T b3-2 1

cordinates!Im already there!
My theory is that reciver of the tip,should visit the place first!

Understood and thank you. Sorry you had a wasted trip. I think we can assume then that these 'tip off' Annies are confined to the receiver as you say.

OP and earlier posted edited!

I'm going to have to reuse this:

bjhlqr.png

I've just been to Koli Discii. Interestingly found a derelict base nearby too.

Picked up a lot of Bertrandite, some beryllium, gold and platinum.

Antimony, Zirconium and Rhenium were the mats.

Can someone give me a protip on the best way to find planet coords? My current method takes forever and I would rather jab a knife in my eye than go thru that exercise again.

Are these crash sites like davs hope where a POI shows up on the nav panel after the first discovery?

Massive D's Guide on how to navigate to specific coordinates --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLORQUGeIrQ

.........................Lat(+ve)........................
.............................N 0°..........................
...............................|.............................
Long(-ve) W 270°--------E 90° Long(+ve)
...............................|.............................
...........................S 180°........................
..........................Lat(-ve).......................

Can someone give me a protip on the best way to find planet coords? My current method takes forever and I would rather jab a knife in my eye than go thru that exercise again.

Are these crash sites like davs hope where a POI shows up on the nav panel after the first discovery?

I'm not at home now but I can tell you there's a base right next to the crash. Not a port but med or high security base. Can't recall it's name. Go near the planet and it will appear then lock it in your nav as you land. If you are near the base you are a stone's throw from the crash site.

I'm not at home now but I can tell you there's a base right next to the crash. Not a port but med or high security base. Can't recall it's name. Go near the planet and it will appear then lock it in your nav as you land. If you are near the base you are a stone's throw from the crash site.

The base next to the crash site in Koli Discii is Gregory's Rest (2.05km). It's a Dav's Hope style camp.
The base that shows up initially is Gerlache Base, but that's 3.3Mm away on the other side of the planet.

So does Gregorys Rest show on the nav panel as you approach the planet, or do you have to use co-ordinates the first time and scan the data points before the ship remembers where it is?

I'm bad at trying to navigate with co-ordinates, so it would be great if I can get within 3 km by dropping in on the base. The other useful thing for this is screenshots from orbit highlighting nearby features like mountains or craters.

So does Gregorys Rest show on the nav panel as you approach the planet, or do you have to use co-ordinates the first time and scan the data points before the ship remembers where it is?

I'm bad at trying to navigate with co-ordinates, so it would be great if I can get within 3 km by dropping in on the base. The other useful thing for this is screenshots from orbit highlighting nearby features like mountains or craters.

Nope, unfortunately it's another coordinates job.

Easy surface navigation:

1 Approach with body on your left.
This keeps the coordinates in space so you can actually read them.

2 As soon as the compass hud appears but before you enter orbital flight, 0 throttle, level off and check the top number on the lower right display.
This is your latitude.
If it's higher than you want, head directly south, ie 180.
If it's lower, head north ie 0.
Whole numbers, even tens, are sufficient.

3 While you approach that latitude check the longitude, the second number.
If its higher than you want, you will need to turn to 270, or due west.
If it's lower head to 90, due east.

4 Land.

Just yaw to change altitude and use pitch to change heading.
As long as you stay high it's fast and easy.
Turning takes about 5-10 deg if you manage your speed, and account for about 10 descending.

When you get better you can split angles to save some time.

Yes, let me break your chains and grind them into powder for good measure.

Download the Edison App...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-O-N-Orbital-and-surface-navigation-Waypoints

... and you will be talked down to wherever you want to go, as if by Air Traffic Control, in realtime.

Also, I was at Koli yesterday and all Orrere mats including Tungsten confirmed, o7

The base next to the crash site in Koli Discii is Gregory's Rest (2.05km). It's a Dav's Hope style camp.
The base that shows up initially is Gerlache Base, but that's 3.3Mm away on the other side of the planet.

Yes that's it! Couldn't recall the name. And yea, it's not a navlist item. My bad!

Top Bottom