Transactions: BGS Guide Best Current Thinking

What kind of fines are we talking about here to get a negative transaction? If I’m speeding in my faction’s airspace and whack another ship and get a fine am I getting a negative transaction for my faction? Or are we just talking about higher level fines like trespassing or shooting security by accident?

Last edited:

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
What kind of fines are we talking about here to get a negative transaction? If I’m speeding in my faction’s airspace and whack another ship and get a fine am I getting a negative transaction for my faction? Or are we just talking about higher level fines like trespassing or shooting security by accident?

The chunky ones from getting caught smuggling is my best guess

I left it out simply because I wasn't certain.... my assumption is that BM trading in anarchies is identical to normal market trading and that negative trading is the same as positive but worth -1. I've not got any test data though. If anyone has that would be fab!

Best guess added!
With respect to trade in general, are those actions affecting the controlling faction of the station and/or the the controlling faction of the system (assuming different factions)?
And with black market trade in particular, what if one is an anarchy faction?

With respect to trade in general, are those actions affecting the controlling faction of the station and/or the the controlling faction of the system (assuming different factions)?
And with black market trade in particular, what if one is an anarchy faction?

Trading affects the faction that owns the station you trade at, its the same with the black market
Anarchy factions get positive influence from black market sales

^^ seems I'm too late again!

then let me give you a chance at redemption.

is there a threshold value for negative trade to a station as there is a threshold for positive trade? that is, if selling to a station at a loss do i have to hit a certain credit deficit?

So I'm curious.... before the change, black markets universally gave -ve influence to the station owner, and caused the Bust state. Trading on the open market (for profit) gave +ve influence and causes boom.

Trading on the black market now causes +ve influence for an anarchy controller... but does it cause Boom or Bust (or nothing)?

So I'm curious.... before the change, black markets universally gave -ve influence to the station owner, and caused the Bust state. Trading on the open market (for profit) gave +ve influence and causes boom.

Trading on the black market now causes +ve influence for an anarchy controller... but does it cause Boom or Bust (or nothing)?

Came across a System where an Outpost was controlled by Anarchy. Their BM was disabled though. I'd wager it'll be a Bust for them :p

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
Early evidence suggests that the transaction threshold for data is raised to c, 75,000Cr. This is very much a first guess.

Im wondering if pre and post 3.3 data is handled differently by the BGS.
I would guess most likely not - Jaques is struggling to maintain influence in Colonia (not that it matters what influence he has in a locked system) - which suggests that the old exploration data is also not counting as much. If pre- data was handled differently I would not have expected to see this.

Pre-3.3 exploration data sales kept him consistently on top (unless war elsewhere) despite only owning 1/4 stations in the system.

I would guess most likely not - Jaques is struggling to maintain influence in Colonia (not that it matters what influence he has in a locked system) - which suggests that the old exploration data is also not counting as much. If pre- data was handled differently I would not have expected to see this.

Pre-3.3 exploration data sales kept him consistently on top (unless war elsewhere) despite only owning 1/4 stations in the system.

Sorry, should have made it clear that this was purely idle speculation on my part!

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator

Maia has seen a similar effect - 50% off the controllting faction since 3.3

Hello,

Does anyone have any estimation for winning/losing a defense/attack Megaship/Instalation scenario? Also Fuel/damaged ship scenario that triggers in Distress Signal Sources?

Regards.

Thank you very much for that table. I was looking for a long time for something like this. Also, thank you for updating it.

There is another interesting subject. The Conflict Zones. I compiled my own table using the information from your table as well as what I was able to gather from various other resources.
As I am not sure if it is entirely correct, would you care to comment on this:

Transactions during wars

Winning a battle in low zone +0.5
Losing a battle in low zone -0.5
Winning a battle in medium or high zone+1
Losing a battle in medium or high zone-1
Winning objectives/scenarios in medium or high zone+0.5 each
Combat bond over a low threshold value of 100k+1
Station missions per +inf+0.25

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
its hard to calibrate CZs since there are no influence moves. It would require running against a known input.

Winning a battle in low zone+0.5
Losing a battle in low zone -0.5
Winning a battle in medium or high zone+1
Losing a battle in medium or high zone-1
Winning objectives/scenarios in medium or high zone+0.5 each
Combat bond over a low threshold value of 100k+1
Station missions per +inf+0.25

Thank you for sharing.

I will try to verify this next time i have a war in a low traffic system.

Experiment 1:

Complete one medium CZ (without completing secundary objective) for faction A (no bond drop).
Complete one high CZ (without completing secundary objectives) for faction B (no bond drop).

Expected: Day should be a draw.

Experiment 2:

100k bond drop for faction A .
1M bond drop for faction B.

Expected: Day should be a draw.

Experiment 3:

2 100k bond drops for faction A .
1M bond drop for faction B.

Expected: faction A should win they day.

Top Bottom