Experimental Equipment/Weapons

I am pretty sure engineered corrosive effect does nothing against Thargoids. It's been a time but I am 99,9% sure I tried to shoot some with this. I also had mining-lances to try if they are vulnarable with this :D

Nothing. They are not.

You need AX-weapons or Guardian weapons.

The exception are scouts of course. You can kill scouts with normal weapons.

I wouldn't expect a standard multi-cannon to actually do any damage. Whether the secondary effect applies or not is my question. Here's my line of thinking. The description for the corrosive secondary effect states that it "temporarily weaken hull hardness and increase all damage taken..." (emphasis added). If this is the case, and it applies even when no actual damage is done, then adding a single high capacity corrosive multi-cannon to an anti-xeno build would enable all of the low ammo count AX and Guardian weaponry to cause more direct damage.

Now, it may be that the effect is so small as to be negligible vs. Thargoids, but then again maybe not.

I wouldn't expect a standard multi-cannon to actually do any damage. Whether the secondary effect applies or not is my question. Here's my line of thinking. The description for the corrosive secondary effect states that it "temporarily weaken hull hardness and increase all damage taken..." (emphasis added). If this is the case, and it applies even when no actual damage is done, then adding a single high capacity corrosive multi-cannon to an anti-xeno build would enable all of the low ammo count AX and Guardian weaponry to cause more direct damage.

Now, it may be that the effect is so small as to be negligible vs. Thargoids, but then again maybe not.

the thing is, corrosive effect is a debuff,
and any debuff applied to thargoids wears off instantly or is not even applied in the first place, and then the cooldown applies.

I just found out I did not know that Remote Release FLAK launcher (AX-Weapon) and Remote Release FLECHETTE launcher (Human Tech-Broker)actually where two different weapons.

I corrected my mistake. I won't bother with the flechette launcher, but I will give the flak launcher another try, to see if they are any good besides destroying Thargon Swarms.

edit: Flak launcher seems specialized on Thargon Swarm destroying. I found nothing else that it is good for. Not even Scouts are impressed when being hit by this.

GUARDIAN and AX WEAPON STATS

typeDmgD/SspeedAPRoFAmmoreloadPDDISheatrange/falloffbreach min/maxbreach dmg
Gauss 1D
thermal2226,51401,2/S80 (1)1,0 S1.913,8153000/150020-40%11
Gauss 2Dthermal38,5
1401,2/S
80 (1)
1,0 S2.617,2253000/150020-40%19,3
|

Plasma 2B
absolut2,7 x 17*
=45,9
1,8 S charge time1.200m/s805,0/S200(15)3,0 S2,131,255,23000/100050-80%0,7
Plasma 3C
absolut3,9 x 17*
=66,3
1,8 S
charge time
1.200m/s955,0/S200(15)3,0 S3,102,426,23000/100050-80%1
|
Shard 3Cthermal5,2x12**
= 62,4
104,51.133m/s601,7/S180(5)5,0 S1,681,402,21700/170060-80%4,2
|
AX MC 2EAX1,39,61.600m/s177,1/S2.100(100)4,0 S0,460,110,24000/200050-80%1,1
AX MC 3CAX2,615,21.600m/s335,9/S2.100(100)4,0 S0,640,180,34000/200050-80%2,2
AX Missile 2BAX30,715,4750m/s600,5/S64(8)5,0 S1,200,142,480-100%0
AX Missile 3AAX30,715,4750m/s600,5/S128(12)5,0 S1,620,243,680-100%0

* Dmg multiplyer on Plasmas with full charge
** Frag rounds per shot

D/S Damage per second
AP armor piercing
RoF Rate of Fire
PD Power Draw
DIS Distributor Draw

Last edited:
Are you the sticky thread for experimental anti-xeno weapons?
I command you to rise from the grave!

And now that the Mummy is out of the Sarcophagus, i want to tell you about my testing of the new Adv Multicannons!

I had an Anti-Xeno Chieftain with two large AX turrets, 2 Gauss canons (1 med and one small) and 2 small beams, ya know, because of the super, awesome, well thought and fun 4 weapon limit! So i decided to trade the gausses and the beams for 1 med and 3 small Adv multicannons. Overcharged them to G5 and decided to go for auto-loader. Wasnt very sure if my engineering choices were the right ones, but off I went to synthetize some AX ammo for all of them and test them against some scouts. I figured the multicannons would be more suited against the little buggers.

First thing I noticed, THERE'S NO TRACE BULLETS! Is this intended or a bug? Second, my aiming with fixed is average at best, but with no thracing it gets a liitle worse. Of course then I noticed I was wasting a lot of ammo, so if I wanted to really make a difference in a Incursion/Infestation defense, I would probably run low on mats and needed to make a few trips to Guardian Space and a raw material broker.
The Damage output is not bad and combined with AX Turrets the scouts do go down fast. But I still prefer to use a combination of Turrets and Gauss Cannons.
I also tried them against a Cyclops to see if could at least reveal a Heart but I couldnt so i ran off.
Another thing, the weapon is an exact copy of the existing multicannons, even the color scheme is the same. Also noticed the synth tab says Standard instead of something like AX Ammo.

In conclusion, they are garbage, (sorry FD). They were rushed, poorly thought and executed, and I think us players who like the Thargoid combat content and played the first Interstellar Initiative deserved a better reward.
The missiles would probably be a bit better against Interceptors but not by much. I think I would still rather tackle them with Gausses and Flaks!

So to turn this into something more positive, these changes are what I would like for FD to do, but i know they probably wont:
  • Give us Large versions of these
  • If we're into copy pasting, gives us also the Gimbaled and Turreted versions
  • Solve the no tracing bullets bug (if it's even a bug, just give us them anyway)
  • Paint them with a different color, or give them a Guardian glow or something
  • Put AX Ammo on the synth Tab, and at least lower the raw materials needed.

Last edited:
Why didn't they do this the right way from the beginning?

We needed AX ammo capability on standard MCs, that's it. No need for different weapons, but it seems that Rube Goldberg is in charge of weapon development.

So now they give us what we should have had from the beginning but in the form of still another weapon that needs to be bought and engineered. Plus as Yamiks pointed out in his video and Oaktree's post, they're pretty bad, lacking tracers (inexplicable) and looking just like normal MCs.

FD's philosophy of adding layers is/has been detracting from the game for a very long time. To use an analogy from paint refinishing, there comes a time to sand off all those layers of old paint to be able to apply a proper finish. If only.

Does anyone know whether any of the newly upgraded AX weapons are better than Guardian AX weapons?
At the moment I have a Krait kitted out with two 3C Guardian Plasma chargers (fixed) and two Guardian Gauss Cannons.

All of the "upgraded" standard AX weapons seem to look like a downgrade in comparison... is that the case?

Top Bottom