Keyboard and HOTAS Reference Sheet Generator

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hello!

Got a Unknown controller detected, reference "pajwot". Its a CH Products Throttle Quadrant

Throttle-Quadrant-v13-d-718.html-do=thumbnailer.get&src=images-chproducts-products-Simulation-TQ2.jpg&w=200&h=200&method=surface&quality=80.jpeg

Thanks!

It would be awesome if Dual VPC Delta was supported. Reference: "hjpfyk".
Right joystick is: 03EB2044
Left joystick is: 03EB2042
Delta.jpg

Filter

I don't think Google sheets supports external data links like Excel does but I'm still learning it.
Currently it takes a static copy and paste from the list page to make a locally filtered version for (hopefully) easier access.

I was referring to the dual VPC Delta for a pull request.

That Google sheet is a useful stopgap but ultimately sorting and filtering server-side will be implemented. I just need to get some time to work on it.

Unknown controller detected - "You have a device that is not supported at this time. Please report details of your device by following the link at the bottom of this page supplying the reference "mcnoha" and we will attempt to add support for it."

I have Thrustmaster HOTASX but this is not being recognized by the tool Unknown controller detected https://www.mcdee.net/elite/

Please help

You have a device that is not supported at this time. Please report details of your device by following the link at the bottom of this page supplying the reference "bjsist" and we will attempt to add support for it.

The device is a SideWinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick - an old MS product.

Link

Hello I have problem with Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas, which I only have the stick (original throttle is missing from my set) which shows up as device: 044F0400

If I replace "044F0400" with "ThrustMasterWarthogJoystick" in the config file, I can get configs mapped on warthog stick which seems to be identical with this Cougar one.

I'm using CH Pro Throttle with this Cougar and would like to be able to generate reference sheet without manually editing the config before every minor change I'm currently doing. I have very bad memory so I have to generate lots of sheets...

So could it be possible to have ch pro throttle on the left side and 044F0400 mapped as warthog stick on the right hand side without warthog throttle? I could also try to provide photo from this Cougar stick if that is preferred.

If this is not possible, I can live with the current cludgy way of generating those sheets :)

Hello I have problem with Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas, which I only have the stick (original throttle is missing from my set) which shows up as device: 044F0400

If I replace "044F0400" with "ThrustMasterWarthogJoystick" in the config file, I can get configs mapped on warthog stick which seems to be identical with this Cougar one.

Thanks for the report. I have opened ticket #23 for this.

With the advent of Horizons there are even more bindings to remember, so it's a good time to generate a reference sheet for your own customised configuration.

The reference sheet generator has been updated and is available at http://www.mcdee.net/elite/ It takes a copy of your custom binds file and generates reference sheets for you for both keyboard and HOTAS. Details of how to use it are available on the site.

If you find any problems with the files that are generated, would like another product supported, or have any general comments then please put them here. Thank you, and I hope that you find this useful.

HOLY FILLOLEE SUNDERLAND UNITED FISHHOOKSFORBREAKFAST BANGMEWITHALARGEIMPLEMENT!!!! (and another exclamation mark for good measure) !

This is awesome! I've been putting off bu#gering about with my HOTAS settings for AGES. Will test it out ASAP!

Rep on it's way.

OK, input bindings file, pressed the button, appeared on screen, saved it as jpg, saved jpg as PDF, printed it in colour, stuck it above the monitor. 2 minutes work. Fantastic!

Now I can start binding other buttons to increase efficiency...

Anyone know to insert into the game files a Binds file you get from the Published Bindings off the EDFerCard site?

Download it then copy it into your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings folder. Download by selecting "save link as" on that binds page.

N.B. The description in line 2 of the binds file is what the game sees (and displays in the controls screen) - make sure there is no conflict as other files with the same description in line 2 cause the game to get "confused".

Download it then copy it into your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings folder. Download by selecting "save link as" on that binds page.

N.B. The description in line 2 of the binds file is what the game sees (and displays in the controls screen) - make sure there is no conflict as other files with the same description in line 2 cause the game to get "confused".

Thank you for replying. I can’t that folder “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings”. Even with the search function. Maybe windows 10 has a different place for them or it’s just hiding it. Anyway I’ll keep looking for it.
Thank again.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom