Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 1)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

i still don't get the new settings for discovery scanners yet.
Does this mean intermediate and advanced discovery scanners will be nerfed down to the basic version with only 500ls range?
If so it will prevent people to map complete systems (with ADS) when they just honk the scanner on their way to the destination. Will this have an effect on the rewards one gets by just honk-scanning systems?

Wow ! Quite a huge patch note ! Good job FDev =)

I don't know if I've skipped it but does the instancing crash occuring everytime when more than 2 SRVs were in the same instance has been fixed ?

NEW! (apologies if already mentioned)

- Night vision in SRV! (woop!)

- Added support for combining comms channels in to one main chat channel, or set them as separate tabs (I don't remember this being mentioned before)

I have question: Will the 'First Mapped by' tags transfer over when the update goes live? Or are the tags for the Beta only? There is planet i want to get my name on, that others WILL get to first if the former is true. (im on console)

What happens in beta, stays in beta.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Hi there,

i still don't get the new settings for discovery scanners yet.
Does this mean intermediate and advanced discovery scanners will be nerfed down to the basic version with only 500ls range?
If so it will prevent people to map complete systems (with ADS) when they just honk the scanner on their way to the destination. Will this have an effect on the rewards one gets by just honk-scanning systems?

Effectively all the scanners are being buffed to the ADS, as you now have the chance to find everything in the system with the one new variant of the scanner. As was mentioned in the live stream, you still get all the credits for the objects in the system if you don't 'uncover' each of them.

I'm playing on PC

I'm playing Horizons on a PC

From one of the million other threads (honestly FD do we really need this many?):

To take part in the beta, all you'll need to do is load up the launcher and select (and update) the following product: Elite Dangerous - Horizons - Beta (3.3). Once that has been completed, you'll then have access to the Beyond - Chapter Four beta. If this hasn't appeared, please restart your launcher.

Friends and Group Management

• Players can now filter and sort their friends list and private groups they are part of

Oh my god. Its here. Its FINALLY here.. I could cry. Thank YOU Frontier!!!

Wait what. The planets in the bubble are not already mapped by default? Please no more of this silliness, it has been one of my long standing annoyances that in the bubble, inhabited systems, are marked as unexplored...

Unexplored by you.

...they didn't state how many new ones they've added. ;)

Disclaimer: am programmer. I feel the hurtz.

Well, it's a beta, so start counting and reporting.

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
There is a bit of overload on the servers at the moment :D

FD are aware and working on it.

More threads in the Beta feedback forum!

Does that cover the SRV instancing bug?

The beta is for PC only and I believe you are referring to the PS4 SRV instancing bug. I know the bug has been around on the PS4 for a very long time and should have been fixed a long time ago, but this PC beta certainly won't contain a fix for it.

Ypu are lucky - my loader resolutly refuses to admit to any beta - have tried dumping laugcher and restartinh, have tried power off and launcher re launch - nix- are Kickstarters banned from the new beta ???
Mike (Mijk)

er er er blush head down etc - found that the muddy brownyyellow side frame colour side bar was actually a scroll bar, and there was the beta below hidden.
downloading now
blush
Mike

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom