Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 1 / 1.01)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hmmm Avast ironically reporting a 'dangerous file' with "EliteDangerous64.exe" since the patch. Anyone else ?

EDIT: Am actually having to uninstall my AV now as it will NOT stop flagging this file even with the option for it to do so turned off ! I cannot get into the game at all.

That was happening to my brother a while back with AVG; it actually deleted his Elite: Dangerous without asking.

does anyone know how to reinstall the beta, as I am getting close to angry as my game refuses to upgrade I have tried everything other than a complete reinstall. which I do not fancy doing at the present as I do not want to lose all my saved stuff

any help would be appreciated, and will minimise hair loss due to stressing at my laptop

For me the CTD is not in the galaxy map but when I try to go from the galaxy map to the system map of a system in which I have mapped one or more bodies. Happened in beta 1.0 too. Crash dumps have been sent. Systems in which I haven’t mapped any bodies are fine.

Update: one of the affected systems is Giryak so I thought I would return there and see if opening the system map directly works. Bad idea, I got a CTD upon exiting hyperspace and now I get a 100% reproducible CTD on logging in. I'll open a ticket for support to move me.

For me it is not GalMap, but even the act of loading the game. My ship is in Deciat. It loads up, I get a glimps of the star, and boom, CTD. Keep sending the crash reports, though.

I'm in that position too now that I've jumped to Giryak. Did you map any bodies in Deciat? That seems to be what put GirYak in a bad state for me.

Cannot say that I have all understood with the new exploration module, but it is getting better from time to time. Is it correct that I cannot scan thru suns?

oh good. that first one is what I was waiting for. It broke my exploration ship build and I wasn't able to do any testing until the DSS power issue was fixed.
I just powered off my Fuel Scoop when I needed to test the DSS.
Just adjust your power priorities and turn off the DSS unless you need to map a planet. Easy peasy, nothing broken.

Last edited:
Hello Commanders,

We've updated the beta with a small patch this morning. Please find the details below:

Modules

• Detailed Surface Scanner no longer draws power

Thanks from my T-7 Mongo, who was just a pawn in the game of life! :)

edit: Crap, forgot to say: thanks Ziljan.

Thanks Ziljan!

Cannot say that I have all understood with the new exploration module, but it is getting better from time to time. Is it correct that I cannot scan thru suns?

I think... that the suns are scanned with the initial HONK...

To me it never made sense that you could do a surface scan of a star in any case. It is suggested that initial honk will pay out for just the suns what it used to for mapping the entire system.

Hello Commanders,

We've updated the beta with a small patch this morning. Please find the details below:

Modules

• Detailed Surface Scanner no longer draws power

Crashes/Stability/Performance

• Fixed a crash that could occur when zooming in to a body in FSS mode
  • Fixed a crash that could occur whilst firing probes
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the system map

Thank you, Will, But I think such updates are harmful. My SRV's gun turrets don't fire anymore. Too many Intrusive scanners. You killed the research. It was the only interesting place in the game! Do not be surprised if the rating of the game falls. After the entry into force of this update, I will have to say goodbye to Elite Dangerous forever. Back my money !!!

Last edited:
Wow.....have you done something to the FSS scanner? :S
Suddenly i can't find the blue blobbs anymore to identify them. Even a complete gas giant didn't appeared at 14k ls. I had to approach the second star of a primary a lot and than the gas giant appeared as a blue blob on the FSS at 9k ls. But there are still signals on my bar, 15/21 bodies and i can't find ANY blue blobs there unless i get VERY close to the secondary star.
I'm just glad, that this gas giant wasn't solo 12k ls out because i would have NEVER be able to find him :S

Also the new efficience target fkr the DSS probing is NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE to reach. 4 probes for a waterworld, one reveals 25% of the surface, this makes only 10% where the probes can meet at the surface........with round circles of probe scanning this is nearly impossible to map 90% of that planet. Please show me how to do that.
Before the recent changes i was able to meet the efficience target at around 80% of my mappings, gas giants were challenging 5o get on par. But now i meet 0% of the time the efficience target :(

EDIT:
A small Moon!!! 711km radius. Efficiency Target 1 Drone. I've fired 1 Drone. 89% scan completion! Needed a second drone. Being on par IMPOSSIBLE!
I really like a good challenge but it really should stay within the realm of possibility [blah]

7vfcaQ8.jpg

It got even worse. Efficiency Target 1, fired 1 Probe and got 54% surface scanning with modded scanner. I've made a video and push that to bugreport section as soon as it's uploaded.

This for me is unfixing a bug that finally fix, every system on the ship should draw power.

Aah yes....
So what's with the FSS, new close up scanner, datalink scanner, cargoracks, cockpit cabin......?
Light, holo-UI, peripherie......we can continue to make them ALL draw power if you wish. Let us see how much your powerplant has left than :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow.....have you done something to the FSS scanner? :S
Suddenly i can't find the blue blobbs anymore to identify them. Even a complete gas giant didn't appeared at 14k ls. I had to approach the second star of a primary a lot and than the gas giant appeared as a blue blob on the FSS at 9k ls. But there are still signals on my bar, 15/21 bodies and i can't find ANY blue blobs there unless i get VERY close to the secondary star.
I'm just glad, that this gas giant wasn't solo 12k ls out because i would have NEVER be able to find him :S

Also the new efficience target fkr the DSS probing is NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE to reach. 4 probes for a waterworld, one reveals 25% of the surface, this makes only 10% where the probes can meet at the surface........with round circles of probe scanning this is nearly impossible to map 90% of that planet. Please show me how to do that.
Before the recent changes i was able to meet the efficience target at around 80% of my mappings, gas giants were challenging 5o get on par. But now i meet 0% of the time the efficience target :(

Aah yes....
So what's with the FSS, new close up scanner, datalink scanner, cargoracks, cockpit cabin......?
Light, holo-UI, peripherie......we can continue to make them ALL draw power if you wish. Let us see how much your powerplant has left than :rolleyes:

It's all those new USB devices. :)

after a whole night of messing about I finally got my beta back in action, no crashes as of yet. but where are all the extraction sites gone, been looking to get some bounty hunting in today and found on small fry in weapon fire detected (threat 1) signal sources. plus system I am is supposed to have scenarios somewhere but they don't seem to show up. but ho hum I am sure it will sort its self out. other than these minor complaints all is well hope the ships livestream knocks my slippers clean into next week

after a whole night of messing about I finally got my beta back in action, no crashes as of yet. but where are all the extraction sites gone, been looking to get some bounty hunting in today and found on small fry in weapon fire detected (threat 1) signal sources. plus system I am is supposed to have scenarios somewhere but they don't seem to show up. but ho hum I am sure it will sort its self out. other than these minor complaints all is well hope the ships livestream knocks my slippers clean into next week

You cant see scenarios from the outside, you have locations that have the possibility of stuff happening. CZs, megaships, installations, some USS types.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom