News Beyond - Chapter Four Livestream - Beta Blowout

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello Commanders,

With all of the Beyond - Chapter Four Content Reveal livestreams out of the way, we're excited to announce our next livestream! We've managed to seize the gamepad from Executive Producer Adam Woods and will play the Beyond - Chapter Four content for ourselves. Join me and Ed, this Thursday, in the Iota Hydri system for merry, mining fun!

Livestream details

• Topic - Beta Let's Play
  • Date – 15 November 2018
  • Time – 19:00 (UTC)
  • WhereClick here!

See you there!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Now that sounds like a thoroughly nice time, and I'm sure nothing will go BOOM much [haha]

Looking forward to it!

Things to test in the beta blowout ...

- how many shieldless ships can you gather around an asteroid and destroy with a single detonation?

- canyon racing Adam Woods style, first person to explode wins!

- on your marks, get set, bind! (commanders start with default bindings and must race to setup their controls, first person to scan a planet with the FSS and then fully probe it's surface wins)

- Mamba Grill (commanders must place strips of raw bacon on their Mamba's, first with a fully cooked fry-up wins)

- Nightvision hide and seek (commanders have 1 minute to hide themselves on the dark side of a planet, seeker uses nightvision to find them)

Can't wait! :p

Sorry if I sound like a grumpy forum dad, but I too would like to hear responses to a representative slice of the feedback from the forum, not just the backslapping jolly japes demolition derby improvised double act we had last week. The community has put a lot of time into testing the beta, and their questions are valid, so it would be fair for the community team to put some extra time into preparing the content of the livestream.

Sorry if I sound like a grumpy forum dad, but I too would like to hear responses to a representative slice of the feedback from the forum, not just the backslapping jolly japes demolition derby improvised double act we had last week.

But we know the response "We are listening to your feedback, it's all being read and is very useful. Thanks for helping us make the game better and we're excited to share the full release details soon."

We know how people respond to information on here: disbelief or anger. I guess they think it's much better to just share the new build and see what people actually do, and I can see their POV.

Sorry if I sound like a grumpy forum dad, but I too would like to hear responses to a representative slice of the feedback from the forum, not just the backslapping jolly japes demolition derby improvised double act we had last week. The community has put a lot of time into testing the beta, and their questions are valid, so it would be fair for the community team to put some extra time into preparing the content of the livestream.

If I was presenting a Livestream with just two new ships (when the community was slavering for many many more), I would also have had a "backslapping jolly japes demolition derby improvised double act". [yesnod]

The first two livestreams were great. informative and helpful. the last one was basically a let's play 'mess around', which is nice and all, but not what many watch a beta livestream for. Especially not one where many valid issues have been raised.

It would be great if we could have feedback livestream next week where Adam addresses some of the concerns raised in the Beta forum.

Yes please. Doesn't have to be a livestream, just writing some stuff on the forum would do.

Top Bottom