News Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta Update (Week 3)

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello Commanders,

We’re pleased to announce when the next set of beta content for Beyond - Chapter Four will be deployed to the beta server!

We will bring the beta servers down at 10:00 (UTC) on 14 November. Following the update, the beta server will be live at approximately 11:00 (UTC) on 14 November. There is a chance that this could run over, so we really appreciate your patience. As usual with these updates we'll keep you as up to date as possible.

As we've said previously, in order to focus the public testing on specific aspects of Beyond - Chapter Four, we will be unlocking different content over a number of different weeks. You can find out the beta content schedule here:

a7fd4f74-d072-11e8-a8d5-f2801f1b9fd1.png

With this week's update, the new content you'll be able to test includes:

The changes coming with the Beyond - Chapter Four update are some of the biggest we've seen this year, so we would encourage you to help us iron out the kinks by leaving feedback in our dedicated beta forum section. This feedback is incredibly valuable for our team and will help us overcome any unforeseeable issues and bugs ahead of Beyond - Chapter Four's launch!

To take part in the beta, all you'll need to do is load up the launcher and select (and update) the following product: Elite Dangerous - Horizons - Beta (3.3). Once that has been completed, you'll then have access to the Beyond - Chapter Four beta. If this hasn't appeared, please restart your launcher.

If you'd like information as the beta progresses, you can also subscribe to our Beyond - Chapter Four Beta newsletter by clicking here.

We can't wait to hear what you think of the new ships in the Beyond - Chapter Four beta!

Thanks Will and everyone at Frontier.

I am looking forward to the next update to the beta and ultimately Chapter 4 when it goes live.

beta 2 was late, soooo late + late = later

later:soon™ therfore late - a number your thinking of between 0-19 = Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise can be added to Tuna
Tuna is a fish
Fish were in beta
Beta ends in the letter A
ASpx begins with the letter A but isnt the best explorer
Explorers lost the Honk
Gooses also honk
Geese migrate in winter
Winter is coming
Autumn is passing
i overtook a car today thereby passing it
Cars have wheels
wheels are round
so are wagon wheels and jaffa cakes
both have chocolate
Chocolate can be dark or white
Dark sides of the planet became a thing in 3.3 exploration
This is the exploration update
Updates can be any day
Days there are seven
seven rhymes with eleven
Its the eleventh month but the 13th day
13-11-1 = 1

13+1= 14th

There solved.

nailed it

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ur-Beta-Update-(Week-3)?p=7170198#post7170198

I hope all the engineers will be unlocked & accepting fish ?
as well as all the ships & modules are really really cheap again ?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Apart from Mamba and Phantom...

Additional Scenarios

YES! Just please make sure there are actual BGS states available to generate those? All I could find so far were "Can you repair me pls", as Outbreak or Famine states in Beta are nowhere to be found :(

Is it too late to ask for reduced engineering cost or maybe fill up everyone in beta mats and data to test out different configs and engineering specs? I dont want to waste the last week of beta collecting mats to engineer the new ships.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for info Will.

@Ozric: did you tried build exploration Phantom in https://beta.coriolis.io/ ? ... it looks quite good for exploration. Cheers.

No for two reasons.

1. The ships are not released yet and so I have no way of knowing whether the info provided by Coriolis is accurate, it is quite often different anyway.

2. With that much of an Obscured cockpit the Phantom isn't going to be a good ship for Exploration. (plus its heavier and almost 8 times as expensive as the Asp with a potential worse jump range)

Could we now get the stats for both of these ships?

Yes tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks to the team!

So you didn't sneak in a dedicated Exploration or Mining ship then???

No new SRVs???

The new Krait Phantom makes for an excellent exploration ship. The Mamba is another new combat ship.

But yeah, no new mining ships, no new SRV's. :(

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
The new Krait Phantom makes for an excellent exploration ship. The Mamba is another new combat ship.

But yeah, no new mining ships, no new SRV's. :(

Have you flown it, to see how it handles in SC? Have you looked out of the cockpit to see what the view is like?

Top Bottom