Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 2)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
do we know if beta 3 is dropping today? (i am guessing they wont bother fixing the issues in beta 2 with a patch this late on. i want to make sure the lighting when mining in a ring is fixed now in vr...)

thanks

do we know if beta 3 is dropping today? (i am guessing they wont bother fixing the issues in beta 2 with a patch this late on. i want to make sure the lighting when mining in a ring is fixed now in vr...)

thanks

I hope so - I so want the 'lights on' indicator :D

Coriolis appear to have updated stats on the new ships - phantom can be setup to about 60Ly jump and is quite quick according to new stats - I'd enjoy engineering one of those today!

thanks

Beta 3 is probably delayed as beta 2 was :)

See Frontier! It's the little things! Do more of the "little things"! [yesnod]

I know, Alec... 'little things please little minds' - mine is tiny!!!

Jesting aside, the 'big things' are spectacular (I still enjoy learning new skills) but the silly little things, which really are only eye-candy or simple QoL changes can still bring a little hint of a smile. So agree with you totally - more little things!

whilst i am mildly interested in the new ships..... i just want the fixes. i would be just as happy with at 3.4.21 release with a bunch of beta fixes as I would be with a 3.4.3 release

Beta 3 is probably delayed as beta 2 was :)

Beta 2 wasn't delayed, people just assumed it would be released on a Tuesday, FD never stated it.

Edit - actually, I just read a post where they initially DID state they expected it to be every Tuesday; though on subsequent livestreams they went to great lengths to stress it might not necessarily be any given day.

Last edited:
what new ships?

just trolling - I am so uninterested in the new ships that I haven't actually watched the livestream so I don't have a clue which ships are ya people talking about..

It is not ships this game is lacking IMO. It is spice. Spice Melange..

what new ships?

just trolling - I am so uninterested in the new ships that I haven't actually watched the livestream so I don't have a clue which ships are ya people talking about..

Not heard about the Type-9 Titan, this new ship makes the iCutter look like a 2bit trader. :p

what new ships?

They have a plan.

45135624704_d060d8e129.jpg

They have stated that it would be released Tuesday each week :) Here
"We are expecting beta milestones to go live on the Tuesday of each week. However, we will update you in the News and Announcement forums as each update is made available."

Wow, lots of good stuff. I'm intrigued by the balance pass to the HYS cannons, they got hit hard by the nerf bat before. I'll be paying the sarge a visit tonight!

Yep it's already a lot for my Thrustmaster TWCS, I'm looking at my broken x55 wondering if maybe I want to risk buying an x56.

Logitech earlier this year released a new X56 , X56 RGB. Apparently its better build quality.

Link:
https://www.logitechg.com/en-ca/products/space/x56-space-flight-vr-simulator-controller.html

I can vouch for the new X56, I replaced the old x56 about 6 month ago the new one is a lot better, no ghost key strokes, better throttle control, and what seams a much stronger yaw spring.

Logitech earlier this year released a new X56 , X56 RGB. Apparently its better build quality.

Link:
https://www.logitechg.com/en-ca/products/space/x56-space-flight-vr-simulator-controller.html

oooooo whilst i am not in the market yet this is music to my ears... i love my X55, i love my X56 but christ they are built so badly. is there a tear down of the new stick (more importantly new throttle) i hope they have fixed the wires constantly moving with throttle use.

I can vouch for the new X56, I replaced the old x56 about 6 month ago the new one is a lot better, no ghost key strokes, better throttle control, and what seams a much stronger yaw spring.

I have one of the new x56's and had the ghost keypress issue, until I switched it from a powered usb2 hub directly into a usb3 port. Since then, no issues at all.

the x56 does look sexy. Almost makes it worth buying to replace my aging / glitching x52 pro. I guess the big question is. Does it still use the garbage Ps2 connectors to link them together or do they independently connect to the computer via usb?

the x56 does look sexy. Almost makes it worth buying to replace my aging / glitching x52 pro. I guess the big question is. Does it still use the garbage Ps2 connectors to link them together or do they independently connect to the computer via usb?

It uses 2 USB 2 sockets - each controller has individual cables/plugs.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom