Lore questions. :)

Thanks for all of your help Drew. It has answered so much more than is apparent.. well, you know what we do.

One last question from me - Do you know of a means of player interaction between the Club or Dark Wheel? There have been many attempts using the background sim to alter the outcome of various story arcs, and to my knowledge only the Salome arc had a degree of player choice.

Essentially, we know who the Club are, what they are doing and pretty much who the main figures are. We also know who the Dark Wheel are, what they are doing and pretty much who the main figures are................ BUT we can't interact. I'm not asking for specifics, but if you know whether there is a way of being in contact with one or the other...

I suggest waiting until the Q4 update drops. With both Raxxla and the Dark Wheel having Codex entries - I think we'll see a little progress. :)

Cheers,

Drew.

I know on Facebook you said something about how you had your suspicions on Raxxla's location. Would you agree that it is currently permit locked until FDev makes it functional (and maybe only usable with DLC?). Im not totally sure of how close to Sol we are looking at with the time frame of the expedition for finding it, and ship capabilities of the time. I assume we're looking at something in the Orion Complex, but it's difficult to tell with the large number of permit locked sectors there are and all the different theories on it.

Thought it would be nice to pick you brain on the subject and hear what your suspicions are and what you are allowed to tell us!

My theory on Raxxla is based only on the lore, so it may have been Retconned by Fdev. I'm not sure. Essential it was discovered in an age where hyperspace travel was much shorter range and much tough to accomplish - thus it can't be that far away... assuming it is a place.

Cheers,

Drew.

Welcome back Drew. Hopefully FD can kidnap you and lock you up in a fine Cambridge office, naturally with all desired facilities and full recompense, and then you could go ahead and clear up all the lore-issues. Oh, and create a few additional. :)

I would really want, although this is probably more for FD, a restoration of some the old systems from Frontier Elite 2. I'm talking about Ross 154, 61 Cygni, Fomalhaut etc. For some reason they were altered, and not in a good way in ED. Why was that really?

I'd like to see Fomalhaut back, I must admit.

Cheers,

Drew.

Drew: which Powerplay figure you've been involved with scare you the most? Also, which of them disturbs you the most thematically?

Pranav Antal bothers me the most I'd say. I've always been wary of Utopians.

Cheers,

Drew.

Drew how relevant is your new ship name the dream of thingy?

It's a play on words. Eulexia is the opposite of Dyslexia, thus "Very good at reading". As part of the Kickstarter rewards back in 2012 I was able to name and design a system... you can find the "Eulexia" system in the Galaxy map, including my home station "Mad J Wagar's" ;)

Cheers,

Drew.

Great to see you back on the forums Drew.

I would ask a Lore question, but I am late to this thread and most of the really juicy questions have been asked. But I would like to ask this...

Having completed the main story (as far as we know) and with the benefit of time, and hindsight, what do you think you would do differently if you were starting your epic tale over, from both an in game and out of game point of view? Would you change any of the plot, or characters? Would you add anything (within the constraints you had) or take anything away?

Cheers.

P.S. The best Tea's are in the Alliance. I highly recommend Badfort Tea. Though HIP 20277 did a nice line back in the day as well.

Drew,

In some of your earlier replies to this thread you stated that "the Club" and the Dark Wheel are two separate entities. You also seem to imply that they are actually antagonistic towards one another. My question is this, which organization is older, if either? Based on my (admittedly limited) understanding of the lore, the Dark Wheel would seem to be older, having been founded early in the history of humanity's galactic exploration. As to "the Club", my assumption at this point is that they were formed sometime around the time of the formation of INRA, based on the focus of their currently known activities. Could you shed any light on this?

Thanks.

Teorge? That's in interesting place too. ;) It's where (illegal at the time) clones emerged into the Elite story line. Check out the Dark Wheel for the original reference.

I don't know about Project Equinox I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Drew.
Thanks, and yeah, I spotted those particular TDW connections in Premonition. But that's all from just one finger of the hand, so to speak. Just wondering how far other fingers reach. :)

Folks,

I wrote a couple of official books in the ED universe a while back, which meant a reasonable knowledge of the background lore.

If anyone has questions about in-game lore stuff from the dawn of time until now post below and I'll do my best to answer. :)

Cheers,

Drew.
Where is Raxxxla?

Can I get a Thargoid for my harem crew?

@Drew Wagar.

Hi Sir, how long will you keep coming back to this thread?
Like forever?

Greetings from CoR.

As often as I can. :)

Cheers,

Drew.

Drew,

In some of your earlier replies to this thread you stated that "the Club" and the Dark Wheel are two separate entities. You also seem to imply that they are actually antagonistic towards one another. My question is this, which organization is older, if either? Based on my (admittedly limited) understanding of the lore, the Dark Wheel would seem to be older, having been founded early in the history of humanity's galactic exploration. As to "the Club", my assumption at this point is that they were formed sometime around the time of the formation of INRA, based on the focus of their currently known activities. Could you shed any light on this?

Thanks.

The Dark Wheel dates back hundreds of years, the Club not as far. Not so much antagonistic specially, but at odds at times due to conflicting agendas.

Cheers,

Drew.

Drew, did You read "John Carter of Mars"?
Always comes to my mind when people are mentioning portal and Martian artefact. Homage or coincidence?

Drew, did You read "John Carter of Mars"?
Always comes to my mind when people are mentioning portal and Martian artefact. Homage or coincidence?

I didn't write the lore on the Mars Artefact - I think that dates from the days of Frontier First Encounters. Might be that David Braben was influenced by Edgar R. Burroughs. :)

Cheers,

Drew.

So, Drew, about the Dark Wheel. Is there any benifit to being on their good side?

Certainly better than being on their bad side. You might get hexedited.

Cheers,

Drew.

Have the Club been known by a different name in the past, or are they a relatively new group who rose after the fall of Galcop and INRA?

Was the Club a request from Frontier/Braben?

Hello.
I´d like to ask something a little bit off topic maybe, but as this is your OP i´ll give it a try.
I would be interested in buying and reading some of your books.. but not in english. Are there any plans to translate them into other languages -like german for example-and distribute them over the world in paper, audio or digital forms maybe?
Regards, S.

Probably out of scope

But has His Imperial Highness Harry been permanently sidelined.

In one video DB mentioned he was connected to some faction but it was never clear if it was Aislings or not.

Do you have any insights?

Final questions... honest :D

To the best of your knowledge, have Frontier taken extracts from your Oolite Saga (non-canon) to be incorporated in the E: D universe? Obviously I'm not talking about Rebecca, because she was your character.. I'm really referring to the Q-Bomb and the loss of the Quirium formula.

Is there a link between your Spanish-speaking characters - one in Oolite, one in Reclamation (other than the language)?

Last edited:
I have been thinking for a while that Drew Wagar's Mutabilis might have inspired Elite: Dangerous in some measure, particularly Guardians. I imagine this vivid image of Guardian ruins when thinking about certain parts of that book. Of course, Guardian ruins were also visually inspired by calderas on Mars. I always think of Mutabilis when the tin-foil hat needs to be put on to say something of witchspace.

Off-topic but I just finished first Oolite book "Status Quo". Extraordinary stuff.
That battle against mother-ship... would be "take my money!!!"".
Notes are also worth reading to understand author's (and many players) passion.

Also crossed my mind if those books are "purged" from plain sight because some themes from the books will be be used in the present game.

Top Bottom