Modes The joys of open play

Hi

Just now in HD 63154 B3a - Module Guardian site - while in open a fellow cmdr took my blueprint, the rat waited until I lit all the pylons and dropped the relic in the slot. He got the blueprint, and when I confronted him he logged out...

Well I them restarted the process only to find that there was no Relic available.

When I got to my ship, CMD [snip] started shooting with he's ship, but he could not kill my unarmed DBE with its only fixed laser.... I manage to low wake at 17% Hull. Brilliant.

Well the first was a thief and the second... well I don't think he would get a lot of mats out of my ship but anyway lets suppose it was some honest pirating (I was pirated while on my type-9 and heck at least that was some proper pirating ).

But I digress, honestly remind me why do I play in open ? I seem more and grievers and rats abound.

Some time ago I was at a site in some Synuefe site and there was a CMDR there we were civil and both got what we wanted.
Reported for not keeping their name up

Goose4291

Banned
Just now in HD 63154 B3a - Module Guardian site - while in open a fellow cmdr took my blueprint, the rat waited until I lit all the pylons and dropped the relic in the slot. He got the blueprint, and when I confronted him he logged out...

2a78b8415e9da49e8a45a0157e6a402e.gif

It's there for those that enjoy the possibility of either co-operation or conflict at random.

If that isn't your thing, the game proudly gives you Private and Solo game modes.

So you came to the forums to cry about getting griefed then?

No, he came to complain about someone playing the game within the rules and spirit of a cutthroat galaxy. Sad part is, he has probably mislead himself about the excitement that caused he hasn't felt in Elite otherwise.

AP Birdman

Banned
Depends where you look.

According to these forums and social media, Open is full of "griefers" and everyone else is "hiding" in Solo/PGs/Mobius.

I would be willing to bet that less than 10% of the entire ED player base actually think open has a bad reputation and is full of griefers and most of that 10% are players that have never even played in open.

I would be willing to bet that less than 10% of the entire ED player base actually think open has a bad reputation and is full of griefers and most of that 10% are players that have never even played in open.

I'll take that bet. Not so sure on the first part, but i'd be willing to gamble that a majority that think it is full of greifers have played in open at some point. For many, that's how they formed the opinion.

Not beacuse it is full of griefers, but one negative encounter can colour a person's opinion easily.

Fun part about Open if you go somewhere looking for trouble.. You can find it. (tho sometimes you kinda have to wait for it)

Also it sucks about the OP's blueprint getting snatched thats pretty lame tbh

Hi

Well I them restarted the process only to find that there was no Relic available.

When I got to my ship, CMD [snip] started shooting with he's ship, but he could not kill my unarmed DBE with its only fixed laser.... I manage to low wake at 17% Hull. Brilliant.

Well the first was a thief and the second... well I don't think he would get a lot of mats out of my ship but anyway lets suppose it was some honest pirating (I was pirated while on my type-9 and heck at least that was some proper pirating ).

But I digress, honestly remind me why do I play in open ? I seem more and grievers and rats abound.

Some time ago I was at a site in some Synuefe site and there was a CMDR there we were civil and both got what we wanted.

I had a positive experience at my first visit to a Guardian site. I didn't know what I was doing apart from shooting down Sentinels. Another CMDR helped me get my first blueprint,. He did his run as I watched and helped fend off the Sentinels. Then he did another run and let me use my Relic and get the blueprint. But I will be careful in future having read this.

I

As in real life, the universe if full of nice folks and a few azz-hats, take the bad with the good, what is important is how you react to it.

AP Birdman

Banned
I'll take that bet. Not so sure on the first part, but i'd be willing to gamble that a majority that think it is full of greifers have played in open at some point. For many, that's how they formed the opinion.

Not beacuse it is full of griefers, but one negative encounter can colour a person's opinion easily.

You might be right about that but I bet those few players that did try open probably went to the CG thinking it would be all sunshine and rainbows, got blown up in their shieldless type 6 and concluded that open is full of griefers.

So we can't post a name of a commander in the forum, but we can post a link to a video where the commander's name appears.

Suppose we post a link to a "video" of a frameshot including the commander's name - is that acceptable?

You might be right about that but I bet those few players that did try open probably went to the CG thinking it would be all sunshine and rainbows, got blown up in their shieldless type 6 and concluded that open is full of griefers.

You just described the first few posts I ever responded to on the forums.

It got really annoying, really quickly, telling people to put shields on their ships or play in PvE PGs / Solo.

AP Birdman

Banned
So we can't post a name of a commander in the forum, but we can post a link to a video where the commander's name appears.

Suppose we post a link to a "video" of a frameshot including the commander's name - is that acceptable?

Actually I agree with you. There was another thread where someone posted a vid of 3 players ganking 2 others and somehow that's ok?

Trying to shame players on this forum for how they play the game is never ok, no matter how egregious.

Top Bottom