Modes The joys of open play

Hi

Just now in HD 63154 B3a - Module Guardian site - while in open a fellow cmdr took my blueprint, the rat waited until I lit all the pylons and dropped the relic in the slot. He got the blueprint, and when I confronted him he logged out...

Well I them restarted the process only to find that there was no Relic available.

When I got to my ship, CMD [snip] started shooting with he's ship, but he could not kill my unarmed DBE with its only fixed laser.... I manage to low wake at 17% Hull. Brilliant.

Well the first was a thief and the second... well I don't think he would get a lot of mats out of my ship but anyway lets suppose it was some honest pirating (I was pirated while on my type-9 and heck at least that was some proper pirating ).

But I digress, honestly remind me why do I play in open ? I seem more and grievers and rats abound.

Some time ago I was at a site in some Synuefe site and there was a CMDR there we were civil and both got what we wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:

AP Birdman

Banned
Remove the player names from your post!

Are you trying to shame these players for playing the game the way they want to? Shame on you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Just now in HD 63154 B3a - Module Guardian site - while in open a fellow cmdr took my blueprint, the rat waited until I lit all the pylons and dropped the relic in the slot. He got the blueprint, and when I confronted him he logged out...

Well I them restarted the process only to find that there was no Relic available.

When I got to my ship, CMD [snip] started shooting with he's ship, but he could not kill my unarmed DBE with its only fixed laser.... I manage to low wake at 17% Hull. Brilliant.

Well the first was a thief and the second... well I don't think he would get a lot of mats out of my ship but anyway lets suppose it was some honest pirating (I was pirated while on my type-9 and heck at least that was some proper pirating ).

But I digress, honestly remind me why do I play in open ? I seem more and grievers and rats abound.

Some time ago I was at a site in some Synuefe site and there was a CMDR there we were civil and both got what we wanted.

Sorry to hear you've had a hard time.

Perhaps you should restrict your times in Open Mode to when you are armed and ready to deal with random people.

Are you trying to shame these players for playing the game the way they want to? Shame on you.

100% agree

Last edited:
Yeah, I often visit locations like this in private/solo group, although I've had little issue in open. Gotta watch those player hotspots.

Either there aren't enough things to go around, be it landing pads, bounties, guardian materials, or there's incredible lag with more than a few people at the sites in question. That, and occasionally people come through to crap on you lol. I'm here to grind mats/data, I'll PvP back at the bubble.

I can't help but admire the robber in this case, because that was some slick stuff lol. Work smarter not harder!

Better luck next time, OP.

No shame them because they want to play their way ? No ofc not.

Shame them because 1 is a robber rat and the other "big man on the block" cannot gank a landed and unarmed ship !!!

I would say that; you should enjoy open play, then continue: However; maybe for those moments of high risk, or moments as you describe above; then, solo or private group; would be the best place to be.

It is not a crime to change mode of an hour or two; although some others here, may call for such things, as hanging, for not allowing you to become their own content.

No shame them because they want to play their way ? No ofc not.

Shame them because 1 is a robber rat and the other "big man on the block" cannot gank a landed and unarmed ship !!!

I'd say keep the player names in your OP if you want. Perhaps the consequences of being a robber? Sharing real life info would be a bit much, but obviously not the case here.

As for Guardian sites, I always go in solo. My first time going to one, I instanced in with 2 other CMDRs. They had already triggered everything, but I had no clue. I spent 30 min driving around trying to find things that were not there. I finally looked it up and realized that I needed to log/ reload.

The sites are pretty cool when everything works

I was not aware you could get banned for putting CMDR names in a post. My bad?

Yup, "naming and shaming" applies to CMDR info.

At the top of the forums there is a quick link to the FAQs and forum rules, you may want to have a scan just so you don't break any rules and get banned.

The joys of open play?

Your face me.

And many alike.

Oh youl'd never hear me complaint about decent pvp, or real pirating.

But when faced with this kind of stuff you would hear me.

But alas the auto-censure just worked and the names are gone.

What we need is open play to be the kids playground without any consequences that fun for everybody, wonder why open play has such a bad name.

Sorry OP, the theft of blueprint in your story just made me chuckle.
Nice gift you've made for some random player :D

This game is described by Braben himself as wild west in space. You were robbed and shot at some distant planet, while looking for treasures of ancient civilisation... sounds almost like a movie script, especially that you - the hero - have escaped.
So just take it as it is - an adventure.

Next time go do this in Solo, or bring friends to watch your back.
If you trust them...
:D

AP Birdman

Banned
1: What we need is open play to be the kids playground without any consequences that fun for everybody,
2: wonder why open play has such a bad name.

1: its called solo and private group

2: open doesn't have a bad name, just a few salty players that complain when things don't go their way.

Hi

This does indeed celebrate the joys of Open!

Other players may help or hinder you, as you've found out!

Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way.

That was a fantastic steal, though - made me chuckle :D

Top Bottom