Squadron Recruitment

I was looking for a thread where I could recruit for a squadron I created. CouldnÂ’t find one after searching. Sorry if one wasnÂ’t flagged in the search.

Anyway I have created a squadron called Artemis. The aims of the squadron are to assist starting players by combating ganking in the starting systems, fighting the thargoids, and the additional general game play, just not piracy. If youÂ’re up for this then ask to join. All levels of experience are welcome. In terms of myself I am triple elite.

Forum Group threads over here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/65-Dangerous-Groups-amp-Squadrons

And, uh there’s this thing called https://INARA.cz that you probably need to have a look at.

Let me guess:
Independent?
No PowerPlay allegiance?
Not much BGS experience?
Not strongly PvP focused?
Accept all play styles?
Accept all modes?
No enemies?
Hang around the starter systems and CGs?

Really - why would anyone want to join?
What differentiates you from two hundred other single player groups?
Genuine question.

Because I really do wonder why so many folks start a group of one; rather than join a group of 20, 50, 500 or 1500?
And I don’t understand why folks don’t have a strong position or agenda. I don’t understand why folks want to be friends with everyone.

Here - this is what recruiting can look like if you for some things and against others:

In terms of myself?
I’ve been playing for years and I’m still only mid-ranked with my team.
I’m with the AEDC. Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corps.
It’s not “diplomatic” in the sense of “resolving things by talk” (although we do a lot of that as well) - no it’s more “diplomatic” in the sense of “we change the government of systems”.
Our reason for being is that “We run interesting BGS projects for Alliance minor factions”.
The Alliance has grown a lot from 256 systems in 3300 to 900 plus, going into 3305. Our primary minor faction rules more than a hundred stations. We don’t do it alone - there are other big Alliance groups who are friends and allies.

We were hugely into PowerPlay for Edmund Mahon in the early days, but not much anymore. We still maintain good relations with the Alliance Office of Statistics who are the ones keeping Mahon at the top of the pile. We maintain voting rights, and help out when the going gets tough for fat Eddie.

We have interesting enemies, - we’ve been fighting with The Code on and off for years in The Old Worlds sector. The Feds give us a good kicking whenever they can - Fed groups like Earth Defense Fleet and GARD. Our enemies go to all sorts of lengths to take us down. Secret cabals like ARAN and SLAPPERS. One group is even using fully automated accounts (‘bots’). Thankfully on a hiatus with the patch drop, but I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of them. Not that GARD or EDF or LRN are running bots. Just that we face the toughest BGS opposition to be had.

We’re not even the worst at PvP. It’s not our primary driver, but we always field a team for the PvP Tournaments. We come like tenth out of a dozen. We do not tollerate combat logging.

We have developed lore and characters with artwork and game consistent backstory.

We have servers which coordinate our operations and which track influence levels across more than a thousand systems where we have interests. Those records go back to the earliest days when we had to enter the data by hand, copying from the GalMap.
We mentor and develop players - joining the AEDC is like going to BGS University. Credits, wealth and big ships are merely tools to advance the BGS endgame.

If you’re Alliance focused you should at least consider us, and we’re always happy to direct you to other terrific Alliance groups.
http://elitediplomats.com
https://discord.me/aedc

Last edited:
Because I really do wonder why so many folks start a group of one; rather than join a group of 20, 50, 500 or 1500?
And I don’t understand why folks don’t have a strong position or agenda. I don’t understand why folks want to be friends with everyone.

Well I guess it's called freedom of choice, it's their choice to play the way they want to and to recruit the way they want to. And if they want to start a Squadron of 1....that's all good as well.

Just like you and your buddies have your own reasons to play and have carved out a niche...it's all good...freedom of choice

Also it is true that at the moment we are accepting most playing styles. This is because founding members will decide this direction not just me. It’s a blank canvas.

If you’re interested in being part of something from the beginning and up for the challenge of creating a new group join us at Artemis - to protect, assist and defend.

Top Bottom