Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four 3.3 - Patch Notes

Just strange how prior discovery or logs aren't counted (like all of teh guardian logs i scanned for Palin) and as far as i can tell the limit for bookmarks hasn't been raised either. I would have been fine without the codex, but local bookmarks instead. I don't see the point of the Codex tbh - it doesn't log my discoveries and it's not searchable either.

I agree it's a first pass (to set up the dbase first time) but I think, structure wise, the codex dbase could drive all sorts of interesting things, not just discovery either.

Just for now .. pick a formation type and find (on your own). I was able to predict where to find using Codex ONLY and succeeded. People have been crying out for this since release, 110% worth it.

ps. legacy finds always were going to be tricky.
POSSIBLE (top of my head) EDDB database could populate at least some of that.

Potentially anyway (though not a dev and code format a definite issue)
Wait for the dbase to settle in first though, for gawd's sake.

Let it go. Then dream ..

Last edited:
I am facing freeze window during mode switch. Since the update Switching the modes causes freeze.

"Type-10 Fixed various model issues"

I cannot use either ESC, P or any other button to exit or save.
I cannot switch to map or nor anything.

Not to happy

I am not happy at all with this new exploration change because what before took me at most 10 seconds and 1 button now takes several button presses and minutes to do which in turn slows down long exploration trips that already took days if not weeks to complete :/ so i guess i just have to go back to grinding conflict zones instead of exploring since mining also takes a ton of time and trading is just not productive unless you spend hours just to figure out a viable route to use,

I mean i understand you want these things to be more immersive but if you are gonna lengthen the process this much you need to balance the reward factor to meet it and as far as i can tell that is not happening .. at least not yet that is.

P.s. I am not asking to have everything handed to me on a silver platter .. i am fine with spending some time working on an objective or whatever but with every update it feels to me like everything is just taking more and more time to do with no real increase in reward.

I AM AN IDIOT

Right after making my previous post i found out i am an idiot with the scanning a system part taking minutes instead of seconds but i do stick by my other stuff about everything (other than scanning in a way) feeling like it takes longer and longer and the reward not really seeming like its rising to meet the time requirement increases

v3.3 bug reports being posted every few minutes, wow.
Look forward to some announcement from Fdev about time frame on next critical patch release.

v3.3 bug reports being posted every few minutes, wow.
Look forward to some announcement from Fdev about time frame on next critical patch release.

Yeah, I can't play my game until then. Been waiting, and all solutions offered doesn't work for me, I'm afraid.

Anyone else has issues with wing invites notified in the chat but not appearing in the social tab for accepting after chapter 4?

Well its certainly nice to see your doing a lot of work on this game. having said that it would be nice to see a Modification of the crime and punishment system that doesn't include notierity when accidently killing an NPC ship while bounty hunting. keep it for PvP as im guessing that's why such a passifist system like this was created in the first place. NOTE add some way that frineds and I can still have some fun PvP once in a while whithout becoming wanted/notoriety.like a group option that says hey im ok with being killed for a while don't punish the fella shooting me. currently we are all afraid to fire on each other..sad day indeed.

Well its certainly nice to see your doing a lot of work on this game. having said that it would be nice to see a Modification of the crime and punishment system that doesn't include notierity when accidently killing an NPC ship while bounty hunting. keep it for PvP as im guessing that's why such a passifist system like this was created in the first place. NOTE add some way that frineds and I can still have some fun PvP once in a while whithout becoming wanted/notoriety.like a group option that says hey im ok with being killed for a while don't punish the fella shooting me. currently we are all afraid to fire on each other..sad day indeed.

If you only want to attack each other for fun, just turn off the "Report Crimes Against Me" setting in the right-hand panel. Note that all of you have to turn it off.

Hello!
It will be five years from the premiere!! And... and? More in a year was done in the game like No Mans SKy! Why?? To all guilty nerds in love with Uncle Braben. It is mainly for them that Elite develops at the rate of the tortoise with anemia.

Hello!
It will be five years from the premiere!! And... and? More in a year was done in the game like No Mans SKy! Why?? To all guilty nerds in love with Uncle Braben. It is mainly for them that Elite develops at the rate of the tortoise with anemia.

And your point is? Should we all be playing NMS because it is better?

No. My point is: for 5 years in the game, the changes are cosmetic in comparison to NMS, SC, SE and the like. 5 YEARS! These changes should be done up to a year. The patch-notes' walls turn out to be the smallest patches and fixes written - literally it seems to me sometimes that changing the code required fewer characters than describing this point in the patch-notes. And then I hear "when they do not do it!" Have you seen the last patch-notes? "... I saw it. And you - did you read?

Last edited:
No. My point is: for 5 years in the game, the changes are cosmetic in comparison to NMS, SC, SE and the like. 5 YEARS! These changes should be done up to a year. The patch-notes' walls turn out to be the smallest patches and fixes written - literally it seems to me sometimes that changing the code required fewer characters than describing this point in the patch-notes. And then I hear "when they do not do it!" Have you seen the last patch-notes? "... I saw it. And you - did you read?

Yes, I read the patch notes (and the edited updates) completely, also played the game for quite a few hours since 3.3 dropped (with all of the issues), been following the bug reports too, very interesting!

The game will develop as the developers wish, I don't know what next year has in store with the upcoming paid update but it may be good. I do understand your point, in comparison continental drift is rapid motion :) But at the end of the day FDev are controlling the content and we have to accept whatever new content (or not) they decide to issue. Comparing it to other games will always prove a negative point :)

You can explore exactly the same as the old way if you want. You can still honk, you can still fly up to planets to scan/discover them. You will get the same payouts as before. Nothing has been removed.

The probes are completely optional.

Still playing this game?

You can explore exactly the same as the old way if you want. You can still honk, you can still fly up to planets to scan/discover them. You will get the same payouts as before. Nothing has been removed.

The probes are completely optional.

I Can?
You mean to say I can still Honk and check the system map (while spooling up my FSD) to see if the system interests me or not?

Because if I can do that then I'll sign back in, go through the pain of re-configuring my bindings* and set my screen to blue and play for the first time since half way through the beta!
I wouldn't be able to play 'exactly' as I did before though because I used to 'do em all or nothing' and the Honk etches your name into the suns for ever... without even asking (which is a bad thing... like being famous because you exist instead of working for it)

However, I'll still Enjoy X4... just because I can (even though the graphics are still a bit buggy and the occasional CTD)

*Windows update shot the lot!

Ingame notification about server shutdown to apply update (bugfixes i think). For further information see forums…

Where are the information? Patchnotes (hotfix notes)?

I Can?
You mean to say I can still Honk and check the system map (while spooling up my FSD) to see if the system interests me or not?

Because if I can do that then I'll sign back in, go through the pain of re-configuring my bindings* and set my screen to blue and play for the first time since half way through the beta!
I wouldn't be able to play 'exactly' as I did before though because I used to 'do em all or nothing' and the Honk etches your name into the suns for ever... without even asking (which is a bad thing... like being famous because you exist instead of working for it)

However, I'll still Enjoy X4... just because I can (even though the graphics are still a bit buggy and the occasional CTD)

*Windows update shot the lot!

Yes you can.

You can Honk, with that you know the number of bodies in the system, them you enter the FSS mode and you just need to check the signals ruler to see if there is something you want to map further. That's it.

Top Bottom