Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four 3.3 - Patch Notes

Take all the time you guys need to make it run warm pudding smooth again. I'll be here when it's done ready to play.

Well said [up] People is so tense this days...

Just give FD some time and support, they are making a great game and i am sure it will become greater with each update. Blaming and anger is not helping with anything[smile]

Thanks to Frontier for 732 hours fun. 0,06€ per hour + updates and free content 3 years after release. Take the time to fix the servers ;)

:D i got 1689 hours on cs:go (14€ game) so its less that 0,01€ per hour + updates and free content after 6 years and servers are runing 24/7 without issue + tons of comunity servers, updates dont shut servers for 2days and if some issue happen like last time (BR update) people with AMD/intel graphic cards have problem run game Devs respond and fix it same day... also free content you mean DLC that cost same as game? i play only 100hours and i am dissapointed not with game its not bad at all i am dissapointed with devs and frontier for lack of comunication and server issue before update i got frequently disconected and game cant find server... maybe just maybe it will be better if they implement cosmetic lootboxes with skins etc tradable on comunity market... i will dont try to play this game ever again i am not patient enough and [down] on steam

Hello there,

We've updated the patch notes to include the following:

Codex
  • The Codex will not include your retroactive discoveries or data. This was not something that was planned, or we were able to incorporate, as part of this feature.

Background Simulation
  • Existing Background Simulation states will be reset to 'none' to make way for these new changes.

I've just seen this, I have to say I'm disappointed to not be able to see my progress pre-3.3 included. The game stores a record of systems visited which I understand are stored locally & therefore cannot be trusted or may be incomplete, but it does seem to be a source that could be used.

I appreciate the update though, it's better to know than to guess :)

Last edited:
I've been given an update regarding the T. Flight Hotas 4. The update came with a bug that removed the default settings for the Hotas. Their QA team is currently working on fixing that, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

bologna

• Fixed the Thrust Master HOTAS S4 not appearing in the control screen
    Ensure default mappings appear for the Thrustmaster HOTAS4
/QUOTE]

Not true. Now it doesn't show up. Before the update, I had zero problems. Now it's gone.

Just want to say thanks to FD for the update!
The game now looks bright, I like it this way!
Thank you for the thargoids, codex, new ships! Now I have a lot of new things to do in the game!)
Keep it up!)

Hey are you playing on Oculus or Steam...Cause im having the same issue. My problem is Oculus wont install the patch. At first I thought it was an Oculus problem, but Its definitely FDev....Were you able to at least install the update? please let me know if you did anything differently.

Running with Oculus and was able to play the game at length last night. The update must have the typical first run gremlins. My Oculus account did the update but I have to click Play on the FDev page to get it to load....With luck this will all be in the rear view mirror by the end of the week!!

Scytale

Banned
Explorers are shafted again with this stupid update

No way. Now we have a beautiful 2D telescope point'n click blueish minigame as well as an exciting "Shoot The Planet with Infinite Ammo"- thing ! And best of all, we can discover marvels...without even moving ! [haha][haha][haha]

Last edited:
I pretty much like new exploration system, easy to see if there are any reasons to scan system further, you do not need to do very long distance flights to companion stars, signal sources are easy to find, I like this.

Bounty payout

So today I got to bounty hanting in a High Res zone as usual, but after a little time I noticed that the bounties didn't racked up as they did before(despite using KWS too), before the update I was getting solid 4-5 million/hr, and now I only manage 1-1.5/hr. I read the patch notes and couldn't find anything related to the bounty hunt payouts, but still I think this is weird, and now I really can't make a living out of bounties. Did anyone else notice something similar or maybe I just skipped some notes? Please enlighten me because I will starve to death if bounties keep paying out like this.

So today I got to bounty hanting in a High Res zone as usual, but after a little time I noticed that the bounties didn't racked up as they did before(despite using KWS too), before the update I was getting solid 4-5 million/hr, and now I only manage 1-1.5/hr. I read the patch notes and couldn't find anything related to the bounty hunt payouts, but still I think this is weird, and now I really can't make a living out of bounties. Did anyone else notice something similar or maybe I just skipped some notes? Please enlighten me because I will starve to death if bounties keep paying out like this.

Fdev probably noticed you were having fun playing elite dangerous so they changed it.

Go exploring for a bit. With the new deity-powered FSS, you can scan everything from one spot, and the payouts are enormous. Go and fire some probes at a few planets, and you can make even more. Then go back to the bubble and bounty hunt for fun not profit ;)

Scytale

Banned
You can explore exactly the same as the old way if you want. You can still honk, you can still fly up to planets to scan/discover them. You will get the same payouts as before. Nothing has been removed.

The probes are completely optional.

LoL !

You can explore exactly the same as the old way if you want. You can still honk, you can still fly up to planets to scan/discover them.

Yeah. That's not exactly right.

Planets that have a first discovery on them seem to autopopulate and show up as unexplored. You can fly up to them, to scan but you can't honk discover never discovered planets, have to use FSS for that.

(Upside, if unexplored bodies appear automatically you know you won't get first discovery on them)

Last edited:
Top Bottom