Abandoned [RELEASE] EVA - Elite Virtual Assistant for iPhone/iPad (NO LONGER WORKING Jan 2020))

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Many thanks for the recent update Jim! Flimley points awarded..

Fearure request, how possible or feasible is it to show materials collected on a separate engineering type page?

Bug report, just to let you know that when I select a ship there all popping up with the same name? Is this a Frontier issue ?

Flimley

Last edited:
Hi,

There's actually another update today for Android because of an annoying error dialog on startup...

Materials are already listwd on Android. I don't think they've made it into iOS yet but they will. I have quite a bit to move across. I tend to add new things in one version until they're stable and then move them all across.

Still planning to do the "how to" videos too, I'm just under a lot of time pressure at the moment.

I bought it from the app market ( ipad ) Thinking it would be a very useful tool, however sadly have not been able to do much with it, even to get it to recognise who I am.

Watching with interest.

Hi,

There's actually another update today for Android because of an annoying error dialog on startup...

Materials are already listwd on Android. I don't think they've made it into iOS yet but they will. I have quite a bit to move across. I tend to add new things in one version until they're stable and then move them all across.

Still planning to do the "how to" videos too, I'm just under a lot of time pressure at the moment.

Thanks for your speedy reply Jim. Very happy to hear materials storage is in the pipeline. Remember. Stay calm... :cool:

Thanks again.
Flimley

Thank you!

p.jpeg

Hi,

You'll need the very latest version of EVA for Android to get much out of the journals. The game doesn't have to be running but since EDProxy sends across realtime journal entries, it's pretty pointless otherwise! You should be able to see EVA appearing in the client list once it starts, and EVA's running.

That's the problem; EVA never connects, nor does EDProxy actually start functioning. I have the latest versions of EVA on my Chromebook and EDProxy on my computer, I'm running EDProxy in administrator mode just to be sure, I've reinstalled EDProxy several times, I've let it sit, I've restarted my computer, but EDProxy just sits there and while the window is open, it will not respond to the "Start" button, nor can I select "Preferences" in the File menu.

OK... Finally I've had time to put together the "Trade" video! I'm planning at least one more to cover general features but this is the hardest bit to get to grips with. Hope this helps, and pass it around!

[video=youtube;WXgzGDeEILY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgzGDeEILY&index=2&list=PL-hSTSY7VdxhsQ7efjzqnHNRdur7uneI7&t=1s[/video]

What's the exact version of EDProxy, and how many network cards does your PC have (including virtual ones i.e. virtualbox)?
1.0.7351 on ChromeOS 69.0.3497.95. Both my PC and my Chromebook only have a single network connection using onboard ethernet (in the case of my PC) and wifi (in the case of my Chromebook).

OK... Finally I've had time to put together the "Trade" video! I'm planning at least one more to cover general features but this is the hardest bit to get to grips with. Hope this helps, and pass it around!

OK, I'm sold! Been on the fence for far too long over purchasing this but it looks like a terrific piece of work. Downloading now.

I was waiting for the exploration updates to land before I hopped back on, but suddenly I feel compelled to rework my simpit to include this.

Is the iOS edition up to date? Will it work on an iPad 2? (I was disappointed to find out Panels from another developer would not :-( )

Hi, I've now got EVA installed and have a couple of questions. Firstly am I right in thinking that EVA doesn’t receive any actual data from EDProxy, just a ping which tells it you've changed system and that it should refresh its data from its on-line sources? Also, my flight log is empty ... is that because I need to start uploading data to EDSM (which I don't currently use) so EVA can get it from there (I kinda assumed it might get stuff like this from my PC's logs via EDProxy but I'm less sure now).

Hi All,
I'm a returnee after the latest update. Is EVA working at the moment? I press login on the app but the button just 'flashes' and no login. No error message.

Thanks for any help,
Gareth

Hi All,
I'm a returnee after the latest update. Is EVA working at the moment? I press login on the app but the button just 'flashes' and no login. No error message.

Thanks for any help,
Gareth

I have the same on the iOS version. On the Android version it displays a error message: "Error logging in:https/companion.oreve.net/user/login".
I think this adress has changed with 3.3. We have to wait for a update.

Jim? :)

The authentication protocol for the API in question was changed without a transition period. EDDI, EDMC and EDDiscovery are in the same boat.

If the developer of EVA is following this: you might want to join the EDCD Discord (link at https://edcd.github.io/).
That will be the best place to get technical details on the new protocol.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Workin' on it!

Thank you very much Jim! [up]

BTW, I have a problem with sending Hyperspacejumps to EDSM. On Android and iOS version. On Android it has stopped at 23.7.2018, on iOS at 24.9.2018. On iOS I see the message "Sending xxx log entries to EDSM", but they newer arrive there. (After the login in EVA). On Android there's no message. Have then tried with a new API-Key, but with no luck. Don't now if this problem is on EVAs side.

Hi,

Thanks for the note, I'll check that out. I've been too tied up elsewhere to even launch Elite:Dangerous for some time sadly.

Login news - I've got the basic login working with Frontier's new authentication. It still needs a little work to fully "wire it in", but it's definitely going to work. Whether or not I can get it finished, tested and published today... probably not to be honest, but I'll try. Android first, just because that's the version I started with, then iOS as soon as possible afterwards. Please bear with me a little while, it's on the way!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom