Forum Ship of the Year 2018 - The Results!

Welcome CMDR's!

The votes are in and the counting has been done.

A record number of votes this year which has lead to some interesting results. Of course the old favourites have done well but what of the new ships? Have they delivered a new pilots favourite? And what of the old guard, one of the old faithful has done very well, beating off stiff competition from a previous winner.

Without further delay here are the results!

90 Krait MkII
52 Python
38 Asp Explorer

35 Krait Phantom
33 Anaconda
32 Alliance Chieftain

30 Cobra MkIII
25 iCutter
21 Fer De Lance
16 Diamondback Explorer
14 Federal Corvette

14 iCourier
14 Type 10 Defender
13 iClipper
12 Mamba
11 Challenger
11 Orca
11 Type 9
10 SRV
8 Cobra MkIV
8 Sidewinder
8 Vulture
7 Beluga
6 Eagle MkII
6 Federal Assault ship
5 Adder
5 Federal Drop ship
5 Keelback
5 Taipan
4 Asp Scout
4 Diamondback Scout
4 Dolphin
4 XG9 Lance
4 XG7 Trident
4 Viper MkIV
3 F63 Condor
3 Crusader
3 GU-97
3 iEagle
3 Type 6
3 Viper MkIII
1 Federal Gun ship
1 Hauler
1 XG8 Javelin
1 Type 7

Congratulations to the Krait MkII for winning with such a majority. It's never been this clear as the Pyton and Anaconda normally fight for top spot. Also a special mention or the Asp Explorer which has done better that ever before. Also note that the Alliances first entry into the competition has beaten both the Imperial and Federal ships - A sign of more good things to come?

The biggest mover has to be the SRV which has grown in popularity a lot since last year - No doubt down to the mad men who drive round planets and those who just like to jump of high cliffs on low G worlds and of course those who try to achieve orbit in one.

Any complaints about the results should be sent directly to Tj where by he will shove them in the trash bin and promptly forget about them if he knows whats good for himself.

Well until next year when we do it all again I wish each and everyone of you a Happy New Year for 3305 - May your home star shine bright!

o7

krait-mk-ii.jpg

And now for a few words on the ship itself from our very own Vindicator Jones!

[video=youtube;Q9BzM0ZN1n0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9BzM0ZN1n0[/video]

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Quite a margin for the Krait there. I'm glad to see the Asp has done a lot better.

Do I win a prize for my 3 nominations being the top 3 ships?

I'm glad you ask because...

Yes you do!

You have the honour of looking after and changing Tj in the mods lair for the next 6 months as well as making sure Dusty writes "I must not claim to be a cheat when I am not a cheat which is in effect cheating anyway" in crayon 5 times per day until Frontier release another game.

Well you asked! :D

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I'm glad you ask because...

Yes you do!

You have the honour of looking after and changing Tj in the mods lair for the next 6 months as well as making sure Dusty writes "I must not claim to be a cheat when I am not a cheat which is in effect cheating anyway" in crayon 5 times per day until Frontier release another game.

Well you asked! :D

...[cry]

That'll learn me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Cobra Mk III is not at the top.

Utterly shambolic.

This vote was rigged.

Krait work there Bran, thankyou and happy flying in 2019 :) !

I'm amazed the Asp Scout received 3 votes more than the T-7 [noob]

I didn't expect the Chieftain to be on 6th place at all.
The introduction of the Krait mk2 was a good choice by Fdev so it seems, the Python didn't suffer to much though.

Great poll, great outcome.

Happy new year to y'all o7

Excuse me ... but I don't see the ships I voted for listed as getting 1 vote each, when I do see other ships listed getting 1 vote.
In no particular order ....
Thargoid Interceptor
Thargoid Scout
Thargoid Medusa

There was no mention in the rules established in the first post of Thargoid ships being exempt from the poll, and given that the Thargoid ships kick all the other ship's butts ... I'll argue they are a valid choice for favourite ships. I like the look and design of them, the sound and I have a kinship, being an honorary alien myself.

Welcome CMDR's!
To the 3rdAnnual

Forum Ship of the Year.

Now that we've all had a chance to fly around in 3.3 it's time for the voting to start in our yearly festive competition to find the most loved of all the ships in Elite Dangerous. Since last years vote there have been several new ships added to the Elite galaxy, all of which have found a place in many CMDR's fleet but can any of them stand up to the mighty Python or Anaconda both of which have won before.

Only you can decide!

Voting rules this year will be as follows:

• You have 3 votes
  • You can only vote for each ship once
  • You can vote for the SRV and SLF's
  • Vote order is unimportant as all will score the same
  • In the event of a tie a face off will be called in which you will get to decide the winner.
  • Mods can vote but I reserve the right to ignore anything they say
(Especially the cheating exploiter known as Dusty)

Before I let you get started I'd like to thank Frontier for all the hard work that has gone into Beyond. You've given us some fantastic new toys to play with in so many areas of the game along with great support for us,the customers. You've also expanded the community team with some really great people who've fit right in with the fans of all your games. Without you non of what we achieve in Elite would be possible, on behalf of myself and I'm sure a great number of the forum users.

Thank-you Frontier Developments!

EDIT: Voting ends on December 30th - Winner will be announced on December 31st.

I must protest at their exclusion.

Hello Alien,

If you'd care to learn the common human language you'd be able to read the first two words of the competition announcement.

"Welcome CMDR's"...

At this point it should be apparent to all intelligent forms of life that I am referring to pilots if the federation. An organisation known to only have human members. You, as you so eloquently point out are an Alien, and therefore exempt from voting in this poll.

All I can suggest is you make a direct complaint to Tj, be sure to tell him I was involved and no doubt he will edit the result provided you send him pictures of Squirrels. :D

Also... I remember when they shot first back in '84!!!

Hello Alien,

If you'd care to learn the common human language you'd be able to read the first two words of the competition announcement.

"Welcome CMDR's"...

At this point it should be apparent to all intelligent forms of life that I am referring to pilots if the federation. An organisation known to only have human members. You, as you so eloquently point out are an Alien, and therefore exempt from voting in this poll.

All I can suggest is you make a direct complaint to Tj, be sure to tell him I was involved and no doubt he will edit the result provided you send him pictures of Squirrels. :D

Also... I remember when they shot first back in '84!!!

Ooo a debate! .... I shall retort thusly ....

While I may be an alien, I am merely an honorary alien and I am still a commander and founding member of the Pilots Federation, and therefore am entitled to vote.
While I may pilot ships not piloted by Thargoids, there is no reason why I may not have respect and admiration for the beauty in the insectoid's vessels, and thus feel they are worthy, nay more so, of at the very least, inclusion in your poll. Whilst I may have cast the only vote for them publicly, I happen to know that my votes were supported by several other pilots who asked me to keep their names anonymous lest their votes be disregarded also.

I respectfully petition you to reconsider your exclusion of our multi-legged adversaries' superior craft, even if their only vote comes from myself, it is the inclusion that is important, not the winning.

Also ... they were provoked in '84

Last edited:
A worthy rebuttal but ultimately self defeating in it's purpose due to admission that you have been voting in collusion with others thus I cannot accept your vote as it has clearly been influenced by alien forces.

A special note has been made to investigate all future votes cast by yourself in any further polls run by the Forum Ship of the Year Commission (me).

My word is final...

Unless you have anything to say of course:D

Top Bottom